Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is it a little too much?
MrStrife
post Aug 12 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #1

CheccMate Foo!

Group: Member
Member No: 487,531

So I was talking with my friend earlier in the morning and she was crying, in pain, and basically at an all-time low. See, she just got dumped by a dude that left her to go back to his babymama. So I'm there doing my best to comfort her and trying my best to be honest while considering how she'd feel at the same time. But thing is, even though I got to put a smile on her cute face, I can't help but feel as though I was being a little flirty in an inappropiate situation. Like I offered to take her out to make her feel better and let her know she can talk to me anytime. Does it sound like I'm being a scumbag trying to take advantage or I'm just trying a little too hard to be a good friend?

datass
post Aug 12 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #2

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

yes. stop being a flirtatious manwhore

creole
post Aug 12 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #3

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 676,364

QUOTE(MrStrife @ Aug 12 2010, 08:33 AM) *
So I was talking with my friend earlier in the morning and she was crying, in pain, and basically at an all-time low. See, she just got dumped by a dude that left her to go back to his baby mama. So I'm there doing my best to comfort her and trying my best to be honest while considering how she'd feel at the same time. But thing is, even though I got to put a smile on her cute face, I can't help but feel as though I was being a little flirty in an inappropriate situation. Like I offered to take her out to make her feel better and let her know she can talk to me anytime. Does it sound like I'm being a scumbag trying to take advantage or I'm just trying a little too hard to be a good friend?

Well, sir. It depends on your point of view? DO YOU LIKE HER AT ALL?
I think you're just being a good friend. There's nothing to worry about.
and wtf that break-up must have sucked.

MrStrife
post Aug 12 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #4

CheccMate Foo!

Yeah, she's taking it really hard. Like blaming herself and feeling like nothing. Which is ridiculous because like I told her, she is amazing.

Oh and to answer the question, No. I don't like her like that, but I also don't mind being her friend. You know, that friend. That friend that's oh so sweet to her and shares stories/poems you know. It's just that I have no idea what she's thinking.

creole
post Aug 12 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #5

Member No: 676,364

Just keep on making her feel better, but if it gets to a point that you're starting to like her or she's starting to like you, then back away.

sixfive
post Aug 12 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #6

Member No: 653,768

yes listen to a f****t's advice

brooklyneast05
post Aug 12 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #7

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

no? what else are you gonna do? say "hey, i won't take you out to make you feel better and you can't talk to me anytime."

you're just saying the only logical thing there is to say to an upset friend.

Sin
post Aug 13 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #8

Member No: 763,665

Let's dissect this post.

So I was talking with my friend earlier in the morning and she was crying, in pain, and basically at an all-time low.

Continue, although I have a feeling this is going to turn into an emotional tampon story.
See, she just got dumped by a dude that left her to go back to his babymama. So I'm there doing my best to comfort her
Yep, you are Mr. Emotional Tampon to her.
and trying my best to be honest while considering how she'd feel at the same time.
Honesty is good. But what was there to consider about her feelings? She got dumped by a guy. She's 'sad' while she's on the lookout for a new one.
But thing is, even though I got to put a smile on her cute face, I can't help but feel as though I was being a little flirty in an inappropiate situation.
Why is flirting inappropriate in this situation? If anything that would make her smile more.
Like I offered to take her out to make her feel better
You don't offer to take a girl out. You don't lower your value around a girl. You just f*cking take her out. Are you a man or are you a twig?
And let her know she can talk to me anytime.
Again, that is not very attractive either. You're basically telling her "hey if you want me to soak up some more of your problems, i'm here, your own personal tampon"
Does it sound like I'm being a scumbag trying to take advantage or I'm just trying a little too hard to be a good friend?
The latter, and it's not going to get you anything. You were trying way too hard.

Roissy Maxim #101: For most women, five minutes of alpha is worth five years of beta.

MrStrife
post Aug 13 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #9

CheccMate Foo!

^ I got to give it you. That was an awesome post and I understand your point. I'm like eff that ish from now on. Also, I love the Roissy Maxim. That's the truth.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: