2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Breast feeding, yay or nay?
What's your opinion on breast feeding?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 37
Guests cannot vote 
*My Cinderella.*
post Sep 8 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #1

So I've been reading a lot about how people are protesting agaisnt breast feeding in public. I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I mean they can breast feed where ever they please.

What's your opinion?

demolished
post Sep 9 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #2

Group:
Member No: 8,001

Please, do not breast feed in the public. It's not appropriate for other kids yet. You know, parents don’t want kids to have dirty minds or any other valid reasons.

*Kathleen*
post Sep 9 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #3

They are? Since when? blink.gif Anywho, I don't know.. I really wouldn't mind. I rarely see it, anyways. shrug.gif

think!IMAGINARIL...
post Sep 10 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #4

Group: Member
Member No: 761

LOL, This reminds me of that Desperate Housewives episode..

I don't really see anything wrong with it either. But maybe just not in the streets 'cause it's sorta inappropriate. And there are perverts everywhere. Especially in bad communities.

goodcharlotte
post Sep 10 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #5

All The Girlies Say I'm Pretty Fly For A White Guy

Member No: 400,858

At Zoo Atlanta near the petting zoo's people always breast feed. It is a little disturbing. Only because little children are running around and looking at these people. Also some people are already perverted enough. Then they go looking at these women who are breast feeding their children for their own pleasures. Also children from schools come to visit the zoo on a field trip and then see women breast feed and some young kids can be awfully perverted. For example my brother came back from a field trip and told me about a friend who took a picture of a woman breast feeding on his phone. This was when he was in 6th grade. I find that absolutely ridiculous. Women can do it wherever they please whether that be in a zoo or at a restaurant. I don't mind. I rarely see it any place but the zoo.

Serendipity
post Sep 10 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #6

the bird and the bee sides!

Member No: 201,280

I don't mind because I never really see it. =P

*yrrnotelekktric*
post Sep 10 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #7

I don`t mind as long as I don`t see it. laugh.gif

dinoooRAWR
post Sep 11 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #8

baby, you wouldnt last<3

Member No: 413,445

^ hahah. same here [=

*This Confession*
post Sep 11 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #9

Personally I look at it as, would you rather the baby be quiet. Or scream insanly because he's hungry.

I don't see anything wrong with it. As long as thier not showing their whole boob or something I'm fine.

*Zatanna*
post Sep 12 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #10

Why is this in News? blink.gif

----> Health

I NEVER breast fed in public. As it is, it was such a surreal experience, I ended up using a pump. I couldn't even do that in front of my mom, who much to my chagrin, tried to help me once.

As far as whether or not someone should in public, to each their own.

*Azarel*
post Sep 12 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Zatanna @ Sep 12 2006, 12:40 PM) *
Why is this in News? blink.gif
It was in news because the original poster mentioned that she had been seeing a lot in the news (I assume) about people protesting breast feeding in public.

In any case, there's nothing necessarily wrong with breast feeding in public; all the clamor about it ties into how society has imposed that nudity is inappropriate. Just be discreet (as possible as you can, at least) about it; people bitch too much.

oXMuhNirvanaXo
post Sep 12 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #12

Member No: 85,903

Dosen't really matter to me. :-/

Gypsy Eyes
post Sep 12 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #13

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 4,051

I think it's ok when the woman is being discreet, like my aunt used to do it under a blanket. That's ok, but I don't like it when it's totally open and viewable.

*Zatanna*
post Sep 16 2006, 08:10 AM
Post #14

I sent a PM to Jane asking where she wanted this topic, and since it really could fit in a few places, I'll go ahead and move it back to News, per her answer. :)

---> Back to News

Since I'd like to keep the News forum somewhat consistent, I'm going to add an article.
Controversy over breast feeding in NYC store
(Times Square - WABC, September 14, 2006) - A young mother is demanding an apology after she claims she was harassed at the Toys "R" Us store in Times Square.
The mom was breast feeding her 7-month-old son in the back of the store when she says a sales person told her it was "inappropriate" and then called security.

Seven-month-old Mason Meyerson has no clue his hunger put him in the center of a civil rights debate between a toy store giant and the New York Civil Liberties Union.

"It was harassment, it was uncomfortable, it was embarrassing, it was demeaning," Chelsi Meyerson said.

The Brooklyn mom claims that while her husband and daughter were playing nearby, four Toys 'R' Us employees demanded that she stop breast feeding saying it was inappropriate with kids nearby.

"I was on the second floor near the Lego table where there was nobody else playing. I put myself discretely on the floor ... I didn't have a blanket over me but my shirt was covering everything. You couldn't see any skin," she said.

Toys 'R' Us told Eyewitness News that they maintain a company-wide policy to accommodate nursing moms, saying: "Ms. Myerson was breast feeding on the selling floor was in fact asked by store associates if she would be more comfortable in a private environment. When she said no, store associates left her to continue breast feeding without interuption."

Fiction, says the nursing mom, who adds that surveillance video will prove otherwise. Civil rights lawyers say this is about public health not public morality.

Donna Lieberman, NYCLU: "Toys 'R' Us has to train its employees and post signs saying you have the right to breast feed in our store."

And that's not just her opinion, that's state law. Twelve years ago, the NYCLU lobbied for and secured the passage of a statute that said a mother can breast feed her baby at any location -- public or private -- where the mother is authorized to be.

I really think people need to get over it. Breast feeding is very natural. A brief glimpse of boob isn't all that shocking. ermm.gif

demolished
post Sep 17 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #15

Group:
Member No: 8,001

Yeah .. but dont do it in the PUBLIC !

MY f**king GOD. NOT EVERYONE WANT TO SEE BOOBS BY ACCIDENT.

*Kathleen*
post Sep 18 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Zatanna @ Sep 16 2006, 9:10 AM) *
I really think people need to get over it. Breast feeding is very natural. A brief glimpse of boob isn't all that shocking. ermm.gif

I'm sorry, but I had to ask. Do you breast feed in public, Rebecca? tongue.gif

*Zatanna*
post Sep 19 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(Kathleen @ Sep 18 2006, 3:11 PM) *
I'm sorry, but I had to ask. Do you breast feed in public, Rebecca? tongue.gif

QUOTE(Zatanna @ Sep 12 2006, 3:40 PM) *
I NEVER breast fed in public. As it is, it was such a surreal experience, I ended up using a pump. I couldn't even do that in front of my mom, who much to my chagrin, tried to help me once.

I just... couldn't do it. laugh.gif I'm rather, um, endowed (and even more so at that time) so I don't think it would have been possible for me to hide anything. XD.gif

synthase
post Oct 2 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #18

ALLISON

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 310,259

i kinda/sort of/dont have a problem with breast feeding in public
i mean, its their choice to show their breast or what not

mznikki
post Oct 10 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #19

Nikkie

Member No: 28,991

QUOTE(minixchopstix @ Sep 10 2006, 11:41 PM) *
I don't mind because I never really see it. =P

same here lol

shortiiex
post Oct 11 2006, 08:11 AM
Post #20

Group: Official Member
Member No: 52,702

i don't think it's wrong....everyoen has seen boobs before , it's nothing new

***Lucy**
post Oct 11 2006, 09:09 AM
Post #21

Well, I never breast fed in public. I would feel soooo embarassed. Plus, i felt enough embarassement when I had to breast feed in front of my older brother for the first time. rolleyes.gif

flybynight
post Oct 11 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #22

Member No: 469,800

Umm they are caring for their child. let them do what they want.

LostinaJungle
post Nov 8 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #23

Starving Artist

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 437,344

I don't mind it as long as people are a little discreet about it.
I watched my cousin start doing it with her entire boob in full view in the middle of wal-mart, and it was just kind of uneccesary, you know?
She could have at least gotten a blanket, like someone up there mentioned.

*a painefull euphoria*
post Nov 14 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #24

their are devices such as certain coverings that can be used to breast feed in public. i dont see whats wrong with that. its a mother tending to her childs needs if you cant handle it then i guess you lack a sence of maturity. and shame on you for being so perverse.=/

voguelove
post Dec 26 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #25

i'm maggie =]

Member No: 361,616

QUOTE(Spiritual Winged Aura @ Sep 9 2006, 12:38 AM) *
Please, do not breast feed in the public. It's not appropriate for other kids yet. You know, parents don’t want kids to have dirty minds or any other valid reasons.

true that. true that.

i think the whole concept of breast feeding if fine. a baby needs it. but, please..go do it in privacy. no one wants to see your boobs jangling anywhere. well, maybe for pervs.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: