Reply to this topicStart new topic
dead and forgotten, da world goes on like nothing happened
ParanoidAndroid
post Sep 30 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Don't worry guys, size doesn't matter...to lesbians

Group: Member
Member No: 85,066

I was watching Full Metal Alchemist one time and in the end of the episode, the main character (Ed) said how when something dies, it can just be forgotten. Though a few people are sad, the world will go on, blooming flowers, radiating sun. Then I read another book called Disquiet Heart and the same concept goes with it. "Though she is gone, the world just goes on. How can the world not end along with her life?" I kept thinking about this and I thought how sad it would be if I died and the world would just go on happily like I was just mere dust blown away. When someone I love dies, idk what I will feel. Maybe I'll be asking the same thing, "Why can the world not end along with his/her life?" Back then in ancient times, heoroes could be easily remembered for slaying something huge or winning a war, but today, not even a police man's name can be remembered or a firefighter... Like I said, the world will go round and round like nothing happened.

What do you think about this? I just want to hear out what people think of when they think of death... When I think of death, I think of the exact same thing I just mentioned

*incoherent*
post Sep 30 2005, 03:39 PM
Post #2

not even a police man's name can be remembered or a firefighter...
we have memorials. its not like everybody just dies and god erases memories in other people's minds so that one doesnt even remember they existed.

people are never forgotten...its just as time goes on people remember less and less of them because its been so long and theyre not around anymore. its not like they forget that you were ever existing on this earth.

ParanoidAndroid
post Sep 30 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #3

Yup when my grandmother died when my mom was little, everyone held a funeral and a memorial, I still remember her of course but I don't mean literally erased from existence, I meant it's as if the world could care less if you died or lived anyway. And I'm not JUST talking about people... talking about nature too.

*incoherent*
post Sep 30 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #4

who wouldnt care if someone died? obviously someone would or they'd at least feel bad about it.

*mipadi*
post Sep 30 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #5

I once thought it would be important to become so memorable that your name would live on, generation after generation, like Plato or Socrates or Shakespeare, but it suddenly dawned on me: Why does that matter? Why is it even important to live on like that? The only reason I care about living right now is because I enjoy life, and more importantly, I enjoy living it with those around me. The only reason I work hard to accomplish goals is for personal satisfaction, and so others around me--people I care about, like my parents, or my brother, or my friends--will be proud of me. When I'm dead, that won't matter. I'll be dead. Who cares what people think of me? Even if I could still somehow know what people thought of me, would it matter if I did something so important that people in five hundred years still talk about me? In the end, they're only proud of my ideas, not of me personally, so who cares? No, I'm not afraid of death, or of not being remembered; those who matter to me now will remember me when I am dead, and I don't really care that much about anyone else. Furthermore, when I die, I won't care, because I'll be dead and I can't care; and those around me might be sad, but at least they can be happy that they are still alive. At any rate, I'd rather have people remember the great things about me when I was alive, rather than focus on the sadness of my passing. People die and that's unavoidable, so instead of trying to avoid death and the associated sadness at any cost, why not rejoice in one's life instead?

ParanoidAndroid
post Sep 30 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(incoherent @ Sep 30 2005, 3:46 PM)
who wouldnt care if someone died? obviously someone would or they'd at least feel bad about it.

Yeah but after awhile, you'd start not caring and would rather go on with your own life... (that's kinda good actually, cuz you wouldn't want to be all depressed) but really, I think it's sad

QUOTE(mipadi @ Sep 30 2005, 3:51 PM)
I once thought it would be important to become so memorable that your name would live on, generation after generation, like Plato or Socrates or Shakespeare, but it suddenly dawned on me: Why does that matter? Why is it even important to live on like that? The only reason I care about living right now is because I enjoy life, and more importantly, I enjoy living it with those around me. The only reason I work hard to accomplish goals is for personal satisfaction, and so others around me--people I care about, like my parents, or my brother, or my friends--will be proud of me. When I'm dead, that won't matter. I'll be dead. Who cares what people think of me? Even if I could still somehow know what people thought of me, would it matter if I did something so important that people in five hundred years still talk about me? In the end, they're only proud of my ideas, not of me personally, so who cares? No, I'm not afraid of death, or of not being remembered; those who matter to me now will remember me when I am dead, and I don't really care that much about anyone else. Furthermore, when I die, I won't care, because I'll be dead and I can't care; and those around me might be sad, but at least they can be happy that they are still alive. At any rate, I'd rather have people remember the great things about me when I was alive, rather than focus on the sadness of my passing. People die and that's unavoidable, so instead of trying to avoid death and the associated sadness at any cost, why not rejoice in one's life instead?

I am starting to agree with you

Gah I change my mind too quickly

EmmalieV
post Sep 30 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #7

insanitys contagious.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 99,707

The world goes on because we cannot grieve for all our lives , its true someone passing away is a sad thing but those who truly loved will not forget , because that person will be in their hearts.

gelionie
post Oct 1 2005, 07:57 AM
Post #8

say maydayism.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 26,344

People who die are never forgotten by their families and close friends, it's just that they don't really talk about them anymore... but they will remain deep in their hearts.

If you believe in God, then death is only the beginning of your eternal life in heaven.

BarreL
post Oct 1 2005, 08:01 AM
Post #9

oh what a burden , its mr durden !

Member No: 66,002

i never thought i'd die alone
another 6 months i'll be unknown
give all my things to all my friends
you'll never set foot in my room again
you'll close it off
board it up
remember the time that i spilt the cup
of apple juice in the hall
please tell mom this is not her fault
- Adams Song

in all reality , people arent just forgotten . or at least the ones that i know of are not . i think its more up to the living to take rememberance of the dead . but who knows....i just got up 30 minutes ago , so i may not be thinking clear....eh....i'll edit this later or something.....

mouse_3k
post Oct 1 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #10

Blasian, Asian, INVASION!

Member No: 16,769

well everyone gotta move and live their lives...they cant be dreaded over a dead loved one forever...I mean its ok to mourn but they arnt going to lock themselves inside a small room and just...curl up into a ball forever

Hiphop d[-_-]b
post Oct 1 2005, 02:53 PM
Post #11

Bay Area YadadaDiiiig.

Member No: 103,202

Someone always remembers someone they lost. And they live on with memories.

Thats what i think. Every person lost has someone still alive who thinks about them. At least i do. Not a day goes by i dont think of anyone whom i have lost. Whether friend or relative.

demolished
post Oct 1 2005, 05:57 PM
Post #12

Group:
Member No: 8,001

QUOTE(mipadi @ Sep 30 2005, 12:51 PM)

thumbsup.gif worthy.gif worthy.gif Life is too short.

nsmx1korean
post Oct 1 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #13

Member No: 62,813

like that anime, haha it was a good show and it had wat like 50-60 episodes only i thought they could have gone so much further with that series

demolished
post Oct 1 2005, 10:33 PM
Post #14

Group:
Member No: 8,001

^
same here. they made a movie of it. Thats what i heard.

LEGITERICJONES
post Oct 1 2005, 10:41 PM
Post #15

Member No: 175,738

"The Good die young"

R.I.P every good celebrity or role model and any other person in the world that made an influence on someone.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: