Reply to this topicStart new topic
Controversy, check what its about
starlette
post Jul 5 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #1

RAWR.

Group: Member
Member No: 102,641

Controversy has ended sort of. Stephanie has gone solo but is keeping the name controversy. I'm solo too now, again, and I'm going by Clarisse. Please, continue to support Stephanie, because she is truly talented, if not a little deluded. Yeah, but thanks for yalls support, I just hate that I'm not a part of it anymore. I guess Controversy really got to be too controversial. retarded sounding I know, but its true. So yeah. Just thought I would let eveyone know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay it was reopened, thanks for the help guys (seriously, no sarcasm) and I went ahead and figured out how to link you guys to the songs. You can either click to listen, or right click save as to save them. They are all copywritten, so you can't really successfully steal them at this point.

All right.

Controversy is a pop/r&b inspired group, made up of three girls.

From top to bottom is Danelle (me), Jennifer, and Stephanie.

The idea of Controversy is to give people something they haven't heard from girl groups before. Its an in your face we don't care what you think about us type attitude. We have more sexually charged lyrics than ever seen by females, except for lil kim of course. But we plan to go where no pop group has gone before. For us attitude is everything. think back to what so many people have done in their carreers. Britney Spears for example. She started off all cute and innocent, then later on did that big controversial change into a more sexual out there performer. Well, we don't want to waste time starting off bubble gum. We want to jump right into the controversy. Hence the name.

If you notice, one thing that significantly sets us apart is that we are all different races. I'm black chinese and italian, Jennifer is hispanic, and Stephanie is white and native american. We want to have a new look to us. Not just all white chicks or all black chicks. Diversity is the key. That way we appeal to more audiences.

We write our own lyrics, we have a producer and a manager, as well as a website that is currently under construction. You can check that out at www.controversyonline.com If you haven't gotten it yet, we are very serious and its just a matter of time before you see us on tv haha.

Okay, if you want to hear our music, at the end of this post there are clips of all of the songs we have so far. Now, Sick and Bad Girl For Life are completed. Pop it Hard has a second verse we have to record. We just finished recording the second verse for Cinnamon, and we should have that one up soon as well. We also have a ballad called Love Wasn't Love that we just finished a few weeks ago that has to be copy written and mixed and all that. We also have another ballad we are working on called Alone in love. Yeah notice the love theme. We also have a harder nastier new up tempo called Grip that I absolutely love. We are going to Houston next weekend to finish vocals on that one. So, as you can tell, we are very active in our carreer and all of us, especially me, really appreciate any support that we have from you guys. So, let me know what you think of the songs. Feedback is always more than appreciated. We also have a street team, but you will have to find the link in my signature so that I don't get in trouble for advertising again.

I suppose thats all I can think of for now. Any questions? Lol.

CLIPS:
right click save as

Sick
Cinnamon
Bad Girl 4 Life
Pop it Hard
You Are Love

oh, and this may need to be moved to entertainment. I just put it where they put kangstas, but now his is in writing and I know thats not where this should go. yeah.

And thank you Anna for talking to someone about getting this reopened even tho you seemed more than pissed about it, and thank you to frankie for switching the posts out so I didnt have to do it.

This post has been edited by karamelle: Aug 24 2005, 11:03 AM

parallel
post Jul 5 2005, 01:40 PM
Post #2

TOISU!!

Member No: 92,516

Wow. I really liked your songs.
happy.gif

FAN.

*Weird addiction*
post Jul 5 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #3

Your songs rule my horny world throb.gif

starlette
post Jul 5 2005, 01:45 PM
Post #4

RAWR.

QUOTE(sandra6645 @ Jul 5 2005, 1:44 PM)
Your songs rules my horny world throb.gif

it funny, because our old catch phrase is "they smoke, they drink, they party, and they arent ashamed to admit it" yay for smoking singers. It just made me think of you and your quitting smoking thread. Stephanie smokes, maybe you 2 can quit together lol.

Looow
post Jul 5 2005, 01:46 PM
Post #5

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 37,450

I'm listening to it over and over again. I like them =] They're catchy.

*Weird addiction*
post Jul 5 2005, 01:47 PM
Post #6

^ lol...i quit smoking for a month, but i started today pinch.gif

*nightmare4taki*
post Jul 5 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #7

I really like Sick and Cinnamon because they are the only ones I listened to on dial up. Anway the mic has now been taken away from Jason and passed to Karamelle.

I rate the song "Sick"
9.5/10
The chorus is very catchy.

I rate the song "Cinnamon"
10/10
My favortie song thus far.

All I have to say is keep doing your thing. I would really like to see a Controversey , Kangsta collaborations for the Kangsta Luvin(remix).

starlette
post Jul 5 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #8

RAWR.

QUOTE(nightmare4taki @ Jul 5 2005, 1:53 PM)
All I have to say is keep doing your thing. I would really like to see a Controversey , Kangsta collaborations for the Kangsta Luvin(remix).

this is going to come out wrong, I just know it, but as much as Controversy would probably help Jason, he would hurt Controversy that much more. lol. And I don't mean that to be mean, but its been hell getting girls in our group that can actually sing so that we don't make fools of ourselves, so we kinda have to keep that quality up. Besides, my mananger wouldn't let us. Hes very particular. I don't think he would let us collaborate with puff daddy. Even tho we want to collab with Eminem and have him say somethin like "i cant beleive I'm rappin on these pop bitches song". Just to be controversial, of course.

starlette
post Jul 5 2005, 02:04 PM
Post #9

RAWR.

I have the lyrics!! you can sing it yourself!! lol. I'll let yall know as soon as Brandon (manager/producer) finishes it. But I think we have to redo the vocals..I'm not sure

*Weird addiction*
post Jul 5 2005, 02:06 PM
Post #10

why isn't there a boy in your group...that'll attract lots of my friends...ooh hot boys...*drools*

starlette
post Jul 5 2005, 02:09 PM
Post #11

RAWR.

QUOTE(sandra6645 @ Jul 5 2005, 2:06 PM)
why isn't there a boy in your group...that'll attract lots of my friends...ooh hot boys...*drools*

well mostly because we would probably all wanna eff him and then we would break up cuz we were all jealous or something. Unless he was gay, then he'd be useless for our cause lol. And cuz its time for girl power to reign again. Spice girls are gone. Destinys child? gone. Now its time for Controversy. And anyway, its expected for guys to be nasty and sexual. Think of Usher, 112, jagged edge, r kelly...they already talk about sex. Its predicable. girls that do it, without being stright sluts about it? hasnt really happened.

Looow
post Jul 5 2005, 02:18 PM
Post #12

You should be interviewed for the cB neswpaper. I'm interested in your group.

starlette
post Jul 5 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #13

RAWR.

QUOTE(x uHoH iTs Lo x @ Jul 5 2005, 2:18 PM)
You should be interviewed for the cB neswpaper. I'm interested in your group.

well I'm sure the three of us can do that for you. In fact, that would be awesome. We need all the publicity we can get anyway lol.

Tung
post Jul 5 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #14

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

props . this song aint bad at all. keep up the good work.

starlette
post Jul 5 2005, 02:22 PM
Post #15

RAWR.

QUOTE(tungtwista @ Jul 5 2005, 2:20 PM)
props . this song aint bad at all. keep up the good work.

lol which song?

beambitious
post Jul 5 2005, 02:40 PM
Post #16

I like it when it rains.

Member No: 29,294

your song sick is awesome.
you guys already seem better than britney spears, lindsay lohan, and hillary duff. although that's not hard you guys still seem great!

starlette
post Jul 5 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #17

RAWR.

QUOTE(taggy505 @ Jul 5 2005, 2:40 PM)
your song sick is awesome.
you guys already seem better than britney spears, lindsay lohan, and hillary duff. although that's not hard you guys still seem great!

actually thats a much bigger compliment than you realise. I'm telling Stephanie you said that when she gets off work. She'll flip.

Looow
post Jul 5 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #18

Do you guys perform in public and stuff yet?

*mzkandi*
post Jul 5 2005, 03:37 PM
Post #19

Well Danelle . You already know you have a fan!! I am hope you guys make it big. where is the groups location? *Goes to check out website*

starlette
post Jul 5 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #20

RAWR.

QUOTE(x uHoH iTs Lo x @ Jul 5 2005, 3:34 PM)
Do you guys perform in public and stuff yet?

They did before I was in the group. Problem is, none of those girls were reliable so actually, Stephanie ended up singing as controversy on her own at one point. Before that they did a few music festivals out in California, but that was even before controversy. They were called Icon which stood for internet connection. but that is history. All thats left obviously is Stephanie. We've had a lot of very unfocused not serious girls come through this group. So until we knew who was in and who was out, we didn't want to do any performances, because you never know who is going to be onstage with you. We were actually accepted to perform at a music festival in june at six flags, but one of the previous members dissapeared without telling anyone. But now that we have a steady group, we're going to go and take all new picutres, put together a show, and get some performing under our belt. We are also talking to an executive of a label owned by Jive Records in a few weeks. Or something like that.

QUOTE(mzkandi @ Jul 5 2005, 3:37 PM)
Well  Danelle . You already know you have a fan!! I am hope you guys make it big. Where is the groups location? *Goes to check out website*

Aww thanks girl. Umm..lets see our Manager/producer is in Houston, and Jennifer lives down there as well. stephanie and I both live in dallas, but we are planning about moving down to Houston if we sign this record deal, so that we will all be together. at one point we had a girls in 4 different cities, so its a lot easier now we are all located in one of two places. Makes it easier to get together and get work done.

*nightmare4taki*
Post #21

QUOTE(karamelle @ Jul 5 2005, 12:59 PM)
this is going to come out wrong, I just know it, but as much as Controversy would probably help Jason, he would hurt Controversy that much more. lol.  And I don't mean that to be mean, but its been hell getting girls in our group that can actually sing so that we don't make fools of ourselves, so we kinda have to keep that quality up. Besides, my mananger wouldn't let us.  Hes very picky.  I don't think he would let us collaborate with puff daddy.  Even tho we want to collab with Eminem and have him say somethin like "i cant beleive I'm rappin on these pop bitches song".  Just to be controversial, of course.

LOL I understand.
It would be even more controversy to add Jason(inside joke).

I just got the opportunity to listen to the other songs and I like them. Have you guys ever been touring or lead acts for anyone famous?

EDIT// My bad someone already asked that question.

YourSuperior
Post #22

;)

Member No: 99,124

I am now a fan since Karamelle is in it =] I want to see you guys perform....

Spirited Away
post Jul 5 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #23

Quand j'étais jeune...

Member No: 1,272

I downloaded the samples and really enjoyed what I was hearing. You girls are awesome! What talent!

starlette
post Jul 5 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #24

RAWR.

QUOTE(nightmare4taki @ Jul 5 2005, 3:40 PM)
LOL I understand.
It would be even more controversy to add Jason(inside joke).

I just got the opportunity to listen to the other songs and I like them. Have you guys ever been touring or lead acts for anyone famous?

EDIT// My bad someone already asked that question.

yeah controversy within controversy. Someone would be chopping someones head off lol.

QUOTE(alvin_ward155 @ Jul 5 2005, 3:40 PM)
I am now a fan since Karamelle is in it =] I want to see you guys perform....

aww you rock. We actually have a booking agent, so as soon as we get an actual show put together we'll be out there doing it. We will probably start off doing gigs in texas tho. The hard part is that with a girl group you have no instruments and you cant just stand there and sing, you gotta dance. and I'm the official choreographer cuz stephanie doesnt like to come up with shit (even tho shes good) and its hella hard to come up with that many dance moves!! so yeah, we're having to bust our butt. Stephanie and I get together at least 3 nites a week and come up with ideas on costumes and the look, the sound, and the dancing, so we're hoping to do it all real soon.

*lolita kitty*
post Jul 5 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #25

no wonder i recognized the girl on the top. haha.

it funny, because our old catch phrase is "they smoke, they drink, they party, and they arent ashamed to admit it"

ROFL. you win cool points with me ^_^

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: