Reply to this topicStart new topic
invisalign, TEEETH
post Sep 7 2005, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 4,352

ookai so im thinkin of getting invisalign (its like clear aligners ) has anyone one very used it or know any one who has used it cuz i wanna know if it works lol okai thanks laugh.gif

kyttiekatt
post Sep 7 2005, 11:56 AM
Post #2

o.O

Member No: 219,809

i might have saw a pamphlet (correct spelling?) of it. but i dunno. my vision's bad (although i wear my glasses all the time) and it couldve been something else. but if it was, it looks the same as getting clear bands cuz i still saw the wires

Paradox of Life
post Sep 7 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #3

My name's Katt. Nice to meet you!

Member No: 93,674

There's no way to find out until you actually get it done. My mom was rejected for Invisalign because she had too many fake teeth in her mouth, but yeah, Invisalign works only for certain people. If you visit your orthodontist, he/she can suggest what would be best for you. I think regular braces are better though.

Paradox of Life
post Sep 7 2005, 07:44 PM
Post #4

My name's Katt. Nice to meet you!

Member No: 93,674

^ .. It is in health.

yukichan
post Sep 11 2005, 02:32 AM
Post #5

I'll never be who I was again..

Member No: 77,981

My friend has invisalign..
You need to have braces and then get invisalign..I think..
You should go see an orthodonthist..

Aoiro
post Sep 15 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #6

Member No: 127,076

I heard it's bad for you.
Go for regular braces.
Even if they're harder.

*salcha*
post Sep 15 2005, 02:52 AM
Post #7

Invisible Braces/Orthodontics

What is Invisalign and how does it work?

Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten teeth without braces.

Using advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to project tooth movement, Invisalign creates a series of clear, custom-made aligners that gradually move your teeth.

You wear each aligner for about two weeks, moving to the next set, until your teeth are straight.

What are the benefits of Invisalign?

Nearly Invisible – You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.

Removable – You can still eat and drink what you want.

Better oral hygiene – You can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth.

Comfortable – There are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.

Does Invisalign work? Is it effective?

Yes. It has been proven effective in both clinical research and in private practices nationwide.

Pictures of completed cases may be viewed at www.invisalign.com. Click on “Explore Invisalign” and the “Past Patients” tab.

What are the Aligners made of?

Aligners are made of a clear, thin medical-grade polymer that is virtually invisible when worn.

Has Invisalign been reviewed by the FDA?

Yes, the FDA has cleared the InvisalignÒ System as a Class I medical device for orthodontic treatment for prescription use.

What is the process for getting Invisalign?

Schedule an appointment with Dr. Paliani, who can help you decide if Invisalign is right for you.

Then, Dr. Paliani writes a treatment plan and submits it to Invisalign, along with X-rays and impressions of your teeth.

Using 3-D computer imaging technology to project tooth movement, Invisalign translates the treatment plan into a series of precisely customized aligners.

You wear each aligner for about two weeks, moving to the next set, until your teeth are straight.

You return for appointments typically once every six weeks.  This is the only way Dr. Paliani can be sure that the treatment is progressing as planned.

How often must I wear the aligners?

Aligners should be worn day and night, except when eating, brushing or flossing.

Are there restrictions on eating and drinking?

No. The aligners are removable, so you can still enjoy your favourite food and drinks.

Will Invisalign affect my speech?

Invisalign may temporarily affect your speech for a day or two, until your mouth adjusts to aligners.

Does Invisalign hurt?

There may be some mild soreness each time you start a new aligner in the series.  This is a normal sign that the aligners are working – sequentially moving your teeth to their final destination.  The soreness subsides within a few days.

http://www.smiledentist.com/

mai_z
post Sep 15 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #8

unify and defeat... divide and crumble

Member No: 6,379

I've heard they make your teeth look slimy..but I may be thinking of something else

demolished
post Sep 16 2005, 12:42 AM
Post #9

Group:
Member No: 8,001

^
No, the material looks slimy.

flc
post Mar 30 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #10

× Dead as Dillinger. ♥

Member No: 384,615

Yeah, I use Invisalign as retainers at night.

I HATE 'em. =) Even if you keep up with cleaning them, after a while they'll get gross-looking, like..moldy. >.<

beccy
post Apr 18 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #11

Member No: 24,520

I use them as a retainer. They're ok but when you take it out it's really disgusting because all the spit comes off with it. I don't know how they work as braces though!

*My Cinderella.*
post Apr 20 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #12

I think you should just go for the regular braces. Sure, they're invisiable but if the aligners are a certain color your teeth will appear that color. For example, if the alingers turn yellow, then it'll make your teeth seem dirty.

alcohol_bandages
post Apr 21 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #13

stick that in your juicebox and suck it.

Member No: 394,881

I have to get braces sometimes because my teeth are horrid! I really wanna get invisalign, however I hear it's bad for your teeth. I think I'd look hidious with braces and I think I'd have to wear for a long time.

grr... I dunno stubborn.gif

Gigi
post Apr 21 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #14

in a matter of time

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 191,357

I use one as a retainer after I got my braces off. I think it's an excellent substitution for a retainer...clear and hardly noticeable, and plus you can actually speak in it.

Like x__Elle. said, it does get a bit gross after a while but I imagine that a regular retainer would become as gross anyhow. If you clean it really thoroughly, it'll only look gross on the bottom part of the teeth where you chew, and no one looks there anyway.

misoshiru
post Apr 22 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #15

yan lin♥

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 13,627

You probably want to get braces before using invisalign as retainers. It sounds as if braces are more effective anyways.

kimmytree
post Apr 22 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #16

Kimberly

Member No: 121,599

i had regular braces.... and then got a clear retainer, which i think is the same as the invisalign braces.

i cant stand wearing it. and i have a friend who has invisalign braces. she seems to be having a hard time with them.

*chaneun*
post Apr 23 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #17

I heard it's more expensive, but takes a shorter time than braces to fix your teeth.

dezzee
post Jun 13 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #18

Member No: 534,462

I have them now - only a month. So far, it has not been too bad..what really sux is having to brush/floss at work. You wear the retainers for 2 weeks then put the next set in - and yea after about 1 1/2 week they start feeling slimy. I soak mine daily for 20 min at night and brush them in the morning. I have heard some people that have a really hard time with them - maybe I have been lucky in that I have not had any pain or a cut up mouth. I never had braces so I cannot compare. What I do know is that you need to be totally comitted when you do this - you wear this dam things for 21 hours a day in order to be successful. The cost too is more than trad braces - mine were $4375 - I'm looking at 6 months for the top and year + on the bottom.

Good luck with what you decide.

*MyMichelle*
post Jun 13 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #19

Invisalign takes longer than braces, depending on your teeth, and sometimes, the change isn't even permanent. My mom had Invisalign, and she still has to wear them even though they were supposed to be finished years ago. x_x

I think braces are the best way to go. They're ugly and annoying for a while, but they leave your teeth so nice! :)

laxumaster8
post Jun 14 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #20

d@niel

Member No: 91,453

yea, someone in my grade had them a couple years ago...he said they were okay, but then he switched to braces

dezzee
post Jun 14 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #21

Member No: 534,462

Yea the ending date is the tricky thing from what I hear. My dentist said that I will only need to wear a retainer at night - but then I have read that others wear their last aligner during the day and a retainer at night. There is a big commitment to these too with the time you have to wear them daily, cleaning etc. I never had regular braces so I cannot compare between the 2..I just hope I have not screwed up my teeth...I'll let you know in 5 months.

arch712
post Sep 10 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #22

Member No: 572,339

Well I just started my treatment and everything is fine and dandy. Let me fill most of you in with my knowledge of Invisalign and how it's working for me. I've done my homework before even considering this treatment.

1. Depending on your case, this treatment takes less time the traditional braces. My teeth aren't the prettiest and I'm going to be done in about 10-11 months.

2. There are many, many successful cases out there. http://www.dentistry.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forum...s&number=11
Hope you can access the link without registering.

3. Plain and simple: There is no possible way to move teeth without a little discomfort. I read someone complaining about wearing them 21 hrs a day. Duh! Traditional braces you wear 24/7. At least you can take the aligners out to eat anything you want, and to brush correctly. Also no one even knows that I have them in.

4. Invisalign or braces, you still need to wear some sort of retainer after treatment. They both move teeth and afterwards are going to want to move back. If you don't want to wear a retainer at night(while you're sleeping so inconvenient?) get a permanent wire attached behind the teeth like I'm going to be getting.

5. Yes they can get a little gross, but you have to keep them clean! Take them out, brush them once in a while. Try digging the food out from Traditional Braces.

6. And the people mentioning about it being bad for your teeth? Huh? That's just a silly statement.

In closing, I would recommend Invisalign to anyway. It is well worth it. If you're too lazy to keep up with the maintenance then get the railroad tracks.

Good day :)

EmoEyelinerx
post Sep 10 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #23

Hi, Im Brook.

Member No: 508,383

I had that before I got braces. (I just recently found them in a box of bratz lol [dont ask]) They work but you have to ALWAYS clean them otherwise they look discusting.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: