Reply to this topicStart new topic
NBA Summer 2009 Offseason Thread
Tung
post Jul 1 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #51

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 65,593

odom is more of a priority for us than ariza. odom may be inconsistent but he brings more to the table and is a huge mismatch for many teams. ariza's success is due to him being in the right system and team. put him on a team that sucks, and he doesn't play so well.

i really hope we get artest if we lose ariza though. because the cavs are trying to get artest too.

it's stupid though. the cavs offer ariza the MLE, when the lakers offered that to him too, so why the hell would he leave LA? the teams i see paying more than the lakers is portland, or toronto.

kryogenix
post Jul 2 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #52

Sarcastic Mr. Know-It-All

Member No: 29

http://www.elperiodico.com/default.asp?idp..._PK=1011&h=

Rubio gonna stay in Spain

lol @ minnesota

sixfive
post Jul 2 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #53

Member No: 653,768

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Jul 2 2009, 02:41 PM) *
http://www.elperiodico.com/default.asp?idp..._PK=1011&h=

Rubio gonna stay in Spain

lol @ minnesota

LOL

brooklyneast05
post Jul 2 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #54

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

loool.gif

sixfive
post Jul 2 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #55

Ay though Minnesota might be able to claim him for when he comes back (assuming he does) in a few years. If so, not really a problem. Looks like they might have seen this coming when they picked up the other point guard as a later draft pick (don't have to pay as much, looooooooooool).

kryogenix
post Jul 2 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(serotonin @ Jul 2 2009, 04:39 PM) *
Ay though Minnesota might be able to claim him for when he comes back (assuming he does) in a few years. If so, not really a problem. Looks like they might have seen this coming when they picked up the other point guard as a later draft pick (don't have to pay as much, looooooooooool).

But still, what a waste of the 5th pick (remember what they gave up to get all the picks they had). David Kahn must be shitting his pants right now.

I'm really hoping that this is all a bluff to get Minnesota to trade Rubio's rights to (hopefully) the Knicks. Rubio's got the wolves by the balls at this point, imo.

Funky-Buddha
post Jul 2 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #57

Group: Member
Member No: 734,048

Artest says he's signing with Lakers (UPDATE)
Posted on: July 2, 2009 6:56 pm
Edited on: July 2, 2009 7:16 pm
Score: 209
Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

Shaq can have LeBron. Ron Artest says he'll take Kobe.

Artest, whose versatility and toughness have made him one of the most coveted and combustible players in the NBA, told CBSSports.com Thursday that he's signing with the Lakers.

"I'm definitely going to L.A. -- to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now."

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financial manager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

Artest's exuberance -- he spent the whole summer in L.A., including several appearances at Lakers home games during the NBA Finals -- got ahead of the process a bit. Other teams that made overtures for Artest -- including the Cavaliers -- have not yet been notified that Artest is signing with the Lakers. (Consider them notified.) Bauman has spoken with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak, but parameters have not yet been agreed to. Still, it's pretty clear where Artest is going.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they got me."

UPDATE: Lakers spokesman John Black declined to comment on Artest's assertion, but another person with knowledge of the situation corroborated Artest's account that he will sign with L.A. pending the financial parameters being finalized.

Only 24 hours earlier, the buzz was focused on Artest joining LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal in Cleveland in what would've made a potent Big Three on the shores of Lake Erie. It would've been, well, eerie, too: Artest's internal combustion engine, combined with LeBron's exquisite dominance and Shaq's alpha-male, all-round Shaq-ness would've been something to see.

But Artest said talks with Cleveland "never got that far." Told that Cleveland, by all accounts, had extreme interest, Artest said, "I don't know how extreme. I love the Cleveland Cavaliers, though. I love LeBron and Coach (Mike) Brown and Shaq."

But what he really loves is L.A.

"L.A. is what it is," Artest said. "I've been here for the whole summer, and it's pretty good. It's good for me. I know Lamar Odom, so that's pretty cool."

Artest spoke as though Odom would return to the Lakers to join Artest and Kobe Bryant for another title run. The addition of Artest would mean the Lakers have to choose between Odom and Trevor Ariza. Obviously, Ariza would be the odd man out and already has expressed displeasure with the Lakers' efforts to lure him back with only the mid-level exception.

UPDATE: The addition of Artest is a coup for the defending champion Lakers, who have faced the prospect of trying to retain their own free agents, Odom and Ariza, and have seen other contenders make major efforts to improve. Most notably, the Celtics dispatched their Big Three of Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce, along with coach Doc Rivers and managing partner Wyc Grousbeck to Detroit on Thursday to offer free agent Rasheed Wallace a mid-level contract. Cleveland's acquisition of Shaq put the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic on notice that the Cavaliers were making a serious push for a title next season. The Cavs' pursuit of Wallace, Artest, and Ariza signaled that they weren't finished after the pre-draft trade for Shaq.

"I talked to Coach Phil, and I was happy to talk to him," Artest said. "Big fan of Coach Phil. My agent talked to Kupchak, and I met with Dr. Buss. I'm very, very excited."

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15861966

Sorry ladies, but we already won. Ariza can go get paid, if he hasn't learned from Turiaf that the money is not where it is then so be it because we just upgraded BIG time. Artest signing for the MLE now means Odom can get his raise with Ariza leaving. Is it too early to call another 3-peat? LOL got damn just too excited for this.

Tung
post Jul 2 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #58

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/02/report-...gn-with-lakers/

OH SHITTTT

Teesa
post Jul 2 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #59

crushed.

Member No: 20,026

rik, is that you posting?

and WOWWWWWWWWWWWW that's quite interesting

Tung
post Jul 2 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #60

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

the lakers just shitted on the rest of the league HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Funky-Buddha
post Jul 2 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #61

Member No: 734,048

Yes mam, 'tis me :D How you doing? Hope you didn't cry when we demolished the Nuggets to close out the series in the WCF LOL jk <3

Damn I'm so happy that this is happening. All we need now is an upgrade at the point, which isn't even that important in the triangle. Play defense, and make open jumpers. Go find him Kupchak!!

Damn I remember when everyone used to clown on Kupchak... now I'm seriously considering him one of the best GM's ever.

Tung
post Jul 2 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #62

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

mike bibby is that point guard!

Tung
post Jul 2 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #63

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

kryogenix
post Jul 2 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #64

Man, and to think, the Knicks could have had Ron Artest if they didn't draft this cocksucker

Teesa
post Jul 2 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #65

crushed.

Member No: 20,026

how are YOU rik?? you should have come back when the playoffs were on! and i'll just disregard that comment you made lol.

sixfive
post Jul 3 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #66

Everyone hated Ron Artest til now, all of a sudden he's mr popular

Tung
post Jul 3 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #67

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Who hated artest? if anything the lakers and it's fan have been wanting artest on the team since he was getting traded by the pacers. lakers fan wanted an odom for artest deal.

kryogenix
post Jul 3 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #68

hahaha, lakers fans talked a ton of shit about artest during the playoffs.

lol @ kobe and artest playing side by side after all the face slapping and technical fouls

Tung
post Jul 3 2009, 01:18 AM
Post #69

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

of course you're gonna talk shit about opposing players. it's the same shit as magic fans talking shit about lebron. but if lebron goes to the magic, they'll praise him.

also, in-game relationship is way different than off court. kobe and ron goes way back. they are really good buddies.

kryogenix
post Jul 3 2009, 01:32 AM
Post #70

http://stevemasonsmog.typepad.com/john_ire...he-lakers-.html

Kobe said that after the Lakers lost game six of the '08 NBA Finals in Boston by 39 points, he was alone in the shower, just fuming. He heard somebody walk in and assumed it was one of his teammates, or maybe a staff member. Instead, he looked up, and it was Ron Artest (to this day, Kobe has no idea how Artest got into the locker room).

"I want to come help you," Artest said. "If I can, I'm going to find a way to come to LA and give you the help you need to win a title."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There's no way this actually happened.

Tung
post Jul 3 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #71

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

LOL i saw that. I was like wow that's some NO HOMO shit right there Ron AHHAHA

drinksmokefuck
post Jul 3 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #72

Member No: 733,315

zen masta is back bitch

kryogenix
post Jul 4 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #73

lol @ stephon marbury not resigning with the celtics

kryogenix
post Jul 8 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #74

wow, the Cavs just overpaid for varejao big time. they must be pretty confident that lebron is gonna stay.

brooklyneast05
post Jul 10 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #75

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

i feel bad for iverson. i would like the heat to listen to wade and get iverson.

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: