Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Legalizing Marijuana
Rating 4 V
*paperplane*
post Nov 21 2008, 09:36 AM
Post #51

Well, you realize, this is why I picked on your typing. If you want people to understand what you're saying, you need to explain it coherently. But please, don't feed me this crap about not getting respect when you're going out of your way to argue with my perfectly valid points.

If it were to be legalized, there would be an age limit on it, just like alcohol and cigarettes. Dealers don't ID, stores do.

brooklyneast05
post Nov 21 2008, 10:52 AM
Post #52

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

QUOTE(Aberisk @ Nov 21 2008, 10:20 AM) *
Legalizing Marijuana is a f*ckin last minute desperate as hell ditch move, your not making patients healthier, your making them feel better (there is a difference).

that doesn't even make sense in the instances that marijuana would be used for medicine. feeling better is the reason to use it. the legal medicine i take now for my back doesn't make it better, it reduces the pain. it's not making me healthier it's making my life easier. there isn't going to be medicine that is going to make it better, ever, because it'd take spinal surgery.

there's a difference, but it's completely irrelevant in most if not all cases it would be used medically in. it's like saying we shouldn't use pain killers, period, because they aren't healing the problem.

so how's it a desperate as hell ditch move?

MiSSP
post Nov 21 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #53

Group: Member
Member No: 665,856

How many people can you say actually die from marijuana. None.
Im talking about from the drug itself not the " im going to go jump off a building because i was high" type of death.
And thats why it should be legal so that doctors can prescribe it and give the patient the right amount, level of thc for whatever reason they need it.

brooklyneast05
post Nov 21 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #54

I'm Jc

^seriously. it's stupid as hell. that's why this abuse argument makes no sense to me. you can go abuse the marijuana and it's not going to kill you from just abusing it itself. you can go abuse the medicine they currently assign for most of these medical reasons and you'll f*cking overdose and die.

so it's completely backwards sounding to me to say we shouldn't legalize it becuase it might get abused, even though we have the more dangerous abusive medicine legalized now.

MiSSP
post Nov 21 2008, 11:03 AM
Post #55

Member No: 665,856

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Nov 21 2008, 10:58 AM) *
^seriously. it's stupid as hell. that's why this abuse argument makes no sense to me. you can go abuse the marijuana and it's not going to kill you from just abusing it itself. you can go abuse the medicine they currently assign for most of these medical reasons and you'll f*cking overdose and die.

so it's completely backwards sounding to me to say we shouldn't legalize it becuase it might get abused, even though we have the more dangerous abusive medicine legalized now.

It doesn't even have to be prescribed for people to overdose you can f*cking overdose on some damn ibuprofen.

I just really want to know some reasons why it shouldn't be legalize because the reasons some people are giving on here is ahh let me say bullshit...SO when someone comes up with a reason besides ppl will abuse it and its "BAD" let me kn0 =)

batman
post Nov 21 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #56

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 696,018

QUOTE(MiSSP @ Nov 21 2008, 11:03 AM) *
It doesn't even have to be prescribed for people to overdose you can f*cking overdose on some damn ibuprofen.

I just really want to know some reasons why it shouldn't be legalize because the reasons some people are giving on here is ahh let me say bullshit...SO when someone comes up with a reason besides ppl will abuse it and its "BAD" let me kn0 =)

exactly.

i was about to write a long essay about how everybody's reasons were either 1) not correct or 2) stupid. but then decided to get high instead.

jk, but still.

mipadi
post Nov 21 2008, 11:58 AM
Post #57

Group: Administrator
Member No: 639,265

QUOTE(Joss-eh-lime @ Nov 20 2008, 08:44 PM) *
it just isnt necessary for a productive society.

What do you mean by this?

Do you mean simply that you don't need marijuana to be productive? Our society manufacturers and sells a lot of things that make life more enjoyable, but don't contribute to productivity. I drink a lot of Mountain Dew. I like Mountain Dew, but it's not necessary for me to be productive. Neither are movies or music, but it sure as hell makes life more fun to have movies to watch and music to listen to. Xboxes aren't necessary to be productive, either, but I sure do enjoy playing the Xbox from time to time.

Then again, if people aren't happy, they aren't going to be productive, either -- so maybe anything that makes people happy is productive. But I digress.

At any rate, I don't mean to make assumptions, but I fear you're implying that anyone who smokes marijuana is unproductive. And that's simply not true. Don't believe the lies: many pot smokers are functional, productive members of society.

*cakedout*
post Nov 21 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #58

QUOTE(Aberisk @ Nov 21 2008, 06:20 AM) *
okay just to give you an analogy of how stupid you sound,

CATS are felines
LIONs are felines

you want lions to be let out in the f*cking public?

just to give you remind you, your f*cking incompetent shit stain, how the f*ck can you compare weed to lions? ROFL they are kittens at best, so sit your ass down and suck on daddys cock

synatribe
post Nov 21 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #59

AIDS at RAVES.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 598,878

QUOTE(cakedout @ Nov 21 2008, 05:59 PM) *
just to give you remind you, your f*cking incompetent shit stain, how the f*ck can you compare weed to lions? ROFL they are kittens at best, so sit your ass down and suck on daddys cock

read the f*ckin post and fix your incompetent shitty as grammar, then suck your own inexistent cock then talk

brooklyneast05
post Nov 21 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #60

I'm Jc

you didn't reply to my post of actual content asking you a question about your argument but you replied to his. good job.

*cakedout*
post Nov 21 2008, 07:29 PM
Post #61

QUOTE(Aberisk @ Nov 21 2008, 04:09 PM) *
read the f*ckin post and fix your incompetent shitty as grammar, then suck your own inexistent cock then talk

look whose talking you ugly fat ass f*ck, what, did you accidently swallow all those cocks you sucked? go back to getting off watching your dad jerk off your dog

synatribe
post Nov 21 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #62

AIDS at RAVES.

^^ if you honestly have to revert to sucking cocks as a last minute effort to save yourself from looking like an idiot, then next time just post something relevent to the thread, or just ask for forgiveness, dont go around acting stupid
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Nov 21 2008, 10:52 AM) *
that doesn't even make sense in the instances that marijuana would be used for medicine. feeling better is the reason to use it. the legal medicine i take now for my back doesn't make it better, it reduces the pain. it's not making me healthier it's making my life easier. there isn't going to be medicine that is going to make it better, ever, because it'd take spinal surgery.

there's a difference, but it's completely irrelevant in most if not all cases it would be used medically in. it's like saying we shouldn't use pain killers, period, because they aren't healing the problem.

so how's it a desperate as hell ditch move?

well marijuana dosent need to be used to get the same effects, as I stated in a post earlier, chemical by products from marijuana are used to make treatment for cancer patients. Also I called it a last minute ditched move because I thought paperplane's post was talking about pharmaceutical companies using lobbying to get marijuana, which if it were pharmaceutical companies actually doing that, then it would look like a desperate move. People already take marijuana legally through cannabis cards, and making marijuana legal to the public would undermine what having a cannabis card actually means, because although I do not have stats, Im pretty sure that although marijuana relieves pain, the people who actually need it is almost close to zero, Im 16 JC and although you said that, if anyone is over 16 and thinks marijuana is "bad" then they are technically immature, I dont think marijuana is as bad as what people think, the only reason why I have issues with marijuana is because 99% of my friends who drop 130 pills (average) found their roots from pot and people who use marijuana are probably going to experiment for a better high and I think the addictive side of it is more dangerous then the technical treatment side of it, which is what I fear because I have personal experience.

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Nov 21 2008, 07:22 PM) *
you didn't reply to my post of actual content asking you a question about your argument but you replied to his. good job.

dosomethin888
post Nov 21 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #63

Member No: 663,413

QUOTE(cakedout @ Nov 21 2008, 05:29 PM) *
look whose talking you ugly fat ass f*ck, what, did you accidently swallow all those cocks you sucked? go back to getting off watching your dad jerk off your dog

Wow, do you not enough of a life that you have to carry on telling people to suck your cock? Get over it.

Ya, marajuana doesnt kill people but it has been known to keep people in a slump, keep them from graduating high school cause they are sneaking off to smoke it. And dont even say well .. "If we legalize it they wont have to miss school" cause I can gaurantee that if weed was legalized, they would have to restrict it to homes. No one wants their kids around cigarette smoke, let alone weed smoke. No way we would have people smoking it in parks, in front of movie theatres, around children.

Cigarettes and Marajuana are different. Many people look down on marajuana way more than cigarettes. Cigs have been legalized for a long time and they already have been banned from reataurants and even some bars.

And you think that marajuana would lend to a more functional society? Having marajuana lagalized.. people smoking it on street corners. That will definetely add to the look of the US. Ya, right.

And I really hope paperplane can look past the few grammatical mistakes I did make. God forbid she doesnt understand what I wrote.

And the whole killer weed thing, My dad wrote that. HAHAHA. He thought your guys responses were funny.. he laughed when he read "dawg."

synatribe
post Nov 21 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #64

AIDS at RAVES.

QUOTE(dosomethin888 @ Nov 21 2008, 07:48 PM) *
Wow, do you not enough of a life that you have to carry on telling people to suck your cock? Get over it.

thank you :] you are like the only person who seems to be understanding both sides of anything on createblog :]

brooklyneast05
post Nov 21 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #65

I'm Jc

well marijuana dosent need to be used to get the same effects, as I stated in a post earlier, chemical by products from marijuana are used to make treatment for cancer patients.

why do we need to mess with chemical by products when we can just smoke it and get the effect? i don't to pay for some company to make me some chemical byproducts and charge me 4 times the price when i could just smoke the actual thing and get relief.

Also I called it a last minute ditched move because I thought paperplane's post was talking about pharmaceutical companies using lobbying to get marijuana, which if it were pharmaceutical companies actually doing that, then it would look like a desperate move.

i'm still confused about that but i'll go reread you guys conversation on that

People already take marijuana legally through cannabis cards,

it's not legal in all states that i know of...

and making marijuana legal to the public would undermine what having a cannabis card actually means,

not really, because of my last statement

because although I do not have stats, Im pretty sure that although marijuana relieves pain, the people who actually need it is almost close to zero,

why do you think almost zero people need pain relief? how does that make sense?

Im 16 JC and although you said that, if anyone is over 16 and thinks marijuana is "bad" then they are technically immature, I dont think marijuana is as bad as what people think, the only reason why I have issues with marijuana is because 99% of my friends who drop 130 pills (average) found their roots from pot and people who use marijuana are probably going to experiment for a better high and I think the addictive side of it is more dangerous then the technical treatment side of it, which is what I fear because I have personal experience.

well i have personal experience with being in pain having to take real addictive drugs! you have personal experience...with weed? or what, i'm confused by what you meant you have personal experience.

i think if you're 16 and you don't understand there are diffferent levels of drugs, then you're immature, yes. that's what i meant. i don't care about your friends though. if your friends do that shit, then they are idiots. no offense, this is just how it is. why do i need to be addicted to pain killer if i could be smoking something way less toxic/addicting/ect just because some idiot kids make bad decisions? who cares about them, they have parents for a reason, they should do their jobs.

i don't care if stupid people make stupid decisions. i don't know why others have to be held back because of that. i don't want to be limited by dumbass kids somewhere i don't know.

dosomethin888
post Nov 21 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #66

QUOTE(Aberisk @ Nov 21 2008, 05:50 PM) *
thank you :] you are like the only person who seems to be understanding both sides of anything on createblog :]

Oh, wow. Thanks:) I never get positive feedback on here.. okay maybe like once? But I dont remember the instince specifically.

brooklyneast05
post Nov 21 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #67

I'm Jc

QUOTE(dosomethin888 @ Nov 21 2008, 08:48 PM) *
Ya, marajuana doesnt kill people but it has been known to keep people in a slump, keep them from graduating high school cause they are sneaking off to smoke it. And dont even say well .. "If we legalize it they wont have to miss school" cause I can gaurantee that if weed was legalized, they would have to restrict it to homes. No one wants their kids around cigarette smoke, let alone weed smoke. No way we would have people smoking it in parks, in front of movie theatres, around children.

Cigarettes and Marajuana are different. Many people look down on marajuana way more than cigarettes. Cigs have been legalized for a long time and they already have been banned from reataurants and even some bars.

And you think that marajuana would lend to a more functional society? Having marajuana lagalized.. people smoking it on street corners. That will definetely add to the look of the US. Ya, right.

i don't think it keeps them in a slump, i think their own personality/self keeps them in one. i've known people who smoke who are normal, fine hardworking people. i think lazy people are lazy in general and will continue to be regardless.

i wouldn't want people smoking it in parks, around children, ect...just like i don't want them smoking cigarettes like that. i'd assume that the same smoking regulations about smoking in public places would apply as they do now to cigarettes. i'd hope so anyway.

dosomethin888
post Nov 21 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #68

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Nov 21 2008, 05:57 PM) *
i don't think it keeps them in a slump, i think their own personality/self keeps them in one. i've known people who smoke who are normal, fine hardworking people. i think lazy people are lazy in general and will continue to be regardless.

i wouldn't want people smoking it in parks, around children, ect...just like i don't want them smoking cigarettes like that. i'd assume that the same smoking regulations about smoking in public places would apply as they do now to cigarettes. i'd hope so anyway.

Ya, I dont agree with you. I think everyone has the same chance of stopping smoking if they want. No one is less lazy or more lazy. They have the choice to get off their ass and go to school or go and get a job. But... some people just like to live with bare minimum and rely on others or the govt. for things.

synatribe
post Nov 21 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #69

AIDS at RAVES.

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Nov 21 2008, 07:53 PM) *
why do we need to mess with chemical by products when we can just smoke it and get the effect? i don't to pay for some company to make me some chemical byproducts and charge me 4 times the price when i could just smoke the actual thing and get relief.
i'm still confused about that but i'll go reread you guys conversation on that
it's not legal in all states that i know of...
not really, because of my last statement
why do you think almost zero people need pain relief? how does that make sense?
well i have personal experience with being in pain having to take real addictive drugs! you have personal experience...with weed? or what, i'm confused by what you meant you have personal experience.

i think if you're 16 and you don't understand there are diffferent levels of drugs, then you're immature, yes. that's what i meant. i don't care about your friends though. if your friends do that shit, then they are idiots. no offense, this is just how it is. why do i need to be addicted to pain killer if i could be smoking something way less toxic/addicting/ect just because some idiot kids make bad decisions?

i don't care if stupid people make stupid decisions. i don't know why others have to be held back because of that. i don't want to be limited by dumbass kids somewhere i don't know.

well actually since it is a by product it would be cheaper, because its a by product not a product made from actual marijuana leaves, when I say I have personal experience I mean testing it, but I never did it anymore afterwards, just once, but even adults make stupid decision because not everyone might look at this issue the same way as you and if cannabis cards are not legal in all states then I think this issue should be an issue on the state government level , not national level and I say the zero percent thing, because I believe the developments of modern medicine in other countries and even the US is higher then using marijuana for relief,
(the US only a bit higher). We raise awareness for cancer and raise millions of dollars because we want improvements in modern medicine to end cancer and I simply think that using marijuana is a huge step back because other medicines (might not have as powerful of an effect as marijuana) have already been developed for treatment, and almost everyone on CB probably participated in some event for cancer treatment and or drug awareness, and Im just not trying to be hypocrite by legalizing marijuana, when all my life (after my personal experience) I have been opposing of it.

brooklyneast05
post Nov 21 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #70

I'm Jc

QUOTE(dosomethin888 @ Nov 21 2008, 09:00 PM) *
Ya, I dont agree with you. I think everyone has the same chance of stopping smoking if they want. No one is less lazy or more lazy. They have the choice to get off their ass and go to school or go and get a job. But... some people just like to live with bare minimum and rely on others or the govt. for things.

yeah i don't know, i don't think i get what you're whole statement has to do with marijuana though.

did i say everyone didn't have the same chance of stopping smoking? i don't get where that came from, but i do think some people are more lazy than others. i think that's their choice to be that way obviously, but it's still how it is. some people are lazy and some people aren't. if you're a lazy idiot who smokes all the time then that's your choice to be that. it doesn't mean everyone who ever smokes is that way. plenty of smoking people have jobs and don't live off the government...

dosomethin888
post Nov 21 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #71

I just asked my brother is we should legalize it, He said hell yes.

dosomethin888
post Nov 21 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #72

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Nov 21 2008, 06:06 PM) *
yeah i don't know, i don't think i get what you're whole statement has to do with marijuana though.

did i say everyone didn't have the same chance of stopping smoking? i don't get where that came from, but i do think some people are more lazy than others. i think that's their choice to be that way obviously, but it's still how it is. some people are lazy and some people aren't. if you're a lazy idiot who smokes all the time then that's your choice to be that. it doesn't mean everyone who ever smokes is that way. plenty of smoking people have jobs and don't live off the government...

Thats true.

I double posted. Sorry. Please dont warn me. Again.

brooklyneast05
post Nov 21 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #73

I'm Jc

QUOTE(Aberisk @ Nov 21 2008, 09:04 PM) *
well actually since it is a by product it would be cheaper, because its a by product not a product made from actual marijuana leaves, when I say I have personal experience I mean testing it, but I never did it anymore afterwards, just once, but even adults make stupid decision because not everyone might look at this issue the same way as you and if cannabis cards are not legal in all states then I think this issue should be an issue on the state government level , not national level and I say the zero percent thing, because I believe the developments of modern medicine in other countries and even the US is higher then using marijuana for relief,
(the US only a bit higher). We raise awareness for cancer and raise millions of dollars because we want improvements in modern medicine to end cancer and I simply think that using marijuana is a huge step back because other medicines (might not have as powerful of an effect as marijuana) have already been developed for treatment, and almost everyone on CB probably participated in some event for cancer treatment and or drug awareness, and Im just not trying to be hypocrite by legalizing marijuana, when all my life (after my personal experience) I have been opposing of it.

i don't think it's a step back though. i'm not saying lets stop all research on medicine and cures and just smoke weed instead. i'm saying why not let people use it as a relief until we have something else? you see what i mean? i'm not saying it's a cure for something or should stop technology. it just seems like if we have it and it works for some people why not let them use that.

synatribe
post Nov 21 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #74

AIDS at RAVES.

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Nov 21 2008, 08:09 PM) *
i don't think it's a step back though. i'm not saying lets stop all research on medicine and cures and just smoke weed instead. i'm saying why not let people use it as a relief until we have something else? you see what i mean? i'm not saying it's a cure for something or should stop technology. it just seems like if we have it and it works for some people why not let them use that.

yea, I wasnt implying lets stop development Im just saying that society has been fine with illegal marijuana up until now, why legalize it now? what would be the difference? because the only people who will actually take marijuana when prescribed to them are going to be the idiots, I know for a fact that if I had a disease and my doctor prescribed marijuana, then I would ask for something different, cause I dont like it and I know its detrimental to my emotional health, even if it improves my physical health.

brooklyneast05
post Nov 21 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #75

I'm Jc

QUOTE(Aberisk @ Nov 21 2008, 09:15 PM) *
yea, I wasnt implying lets stop development Im just saying that society has been fine with illegal marijuana up until now, why legalize it now? what would be the difference? because the only people who will actually take marijuana when prescribed to them are going to be the idiots, I know for a fact that if I had a disease and my doctor prescribed marijuana, then I would ask for something different, cause I dont like it and I know its detrimental to my emotional health, even if it improves my physical health.

you apparently haven't comprehended basically anything i've said. why legalize it now?

read carefully

BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE WANT PAIN RELIEF, ECT, WITHOUT BEING f*ckING PHYSICALLY DEPENDENT ON THEIR CURRENT PRESCRIBED MEDICINE. MARIJUANA IS NOT PHYSICALLY DEPENDENT. THE MEDICINE I TAKE NOW IS MORE DANGEROUS AND ADDICTIVE THAN MARIJUANA. SO, I WOULD BE AN IDIOT APPARENTLY FOR WANTING SOMETHING THAT'S LESS HARMFUL TO ME?

i'm with kevin and nicki now. stfu

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: