Reply to this topicStart new topic
umm, so..
chinke3xcuti3
post Sep 17 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #1

ChiNk

Group: Member
Member No: 162,138

Well, I'm not really sure where this should go..But I thought it should go in sports..but at the same time, it might be more appropiate in health or something? feel free to move it wherever you find it appropiate

Okay, well...yesterday, me and my friend did a dance routine..and in a part in the dance routine, i had to do a cartwheel, roundoff, back hand spring, and then bridge......i know how to do it..but i havent done it since like...last year. okay..welll...yesterday was the first time i actually did a backhand spring and bridge again....and when i got home, i felt fine..but when i woke up this morning, my back kind of ached and hurt...

is this normal? since i havent done it in such a long time..is it normal for my back to ache? like..it hurts..but its not like..OMG. I CANT TWIST OR BEND OVER kind of thing..it kind of hurts when i bend over..and it aches..but i can still walk and bend over and all that stuff..it's just that..it kinda hurts...

think!IMAGINARIL...
post Sep 17 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Member No: 761

It's normal.

You're just a little out of shape.

Try stretching more often.

demolished
post Sep 17 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #3

Group:
Member No: 8,001

It's normal. You're sore.

You havent done excerising for a long time.

*Kathleen*
post Sep 17 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #4

Face it - you're going to die. It'll be okay, really.

demolished
post Sep 18 2006, 06:07 PM
Post #5

Group:
Member No: 8,001

It's so sad. Kathleen's right. You're going to died. You have to be okay with that .. and it's normal.

*Zatanna*
post Sep 19 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Kathleen @ Sep 17 2006, 9:42 PM) *
Face it - you're going to die. It'll be okay, really.

That reminds me of that kid in the movie, What About Bob for some reason.

You'll be fine. It's totally natural to be sore if you are doing excercises or stretching after not doing that for a long time. Take a Tylenol or something and give a few days.

smoke
post Sep 19 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #7

Pokeball, GO!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 433,009

Wow, this is late, but...

Moved to Health. Haha, my Internet crashed after I moved this the other day and we lost power at my house that night. Stupid storm. Anyway, I think this belongs in health. Anytime you have any questions about your body i.e. pains, aches, etc. you should post it in the Health forum. There are a lot of cool people that can help you out with great information! happy.gif

Anyways, you feeling sore is normal. I know it probably hurts more than you think it should, but it all depends on your work out. You haven't used those muscles in awhile, so they're gonna feel a little sore. That happens to me whenever I go play a sport that I haven't played in a while. happy.gif

KissMe2408
post Sep 19 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #8

Yawn

Member No: 65,772

Ah, don't worry about it too much.
If anything, you probably pulled a muscle or something.

Did you warm up and stretch properly before attempting that?
Next time, def warm up and stretch, and maybe take it a little bit slower.
I did cheerleading for a few years and dance, so I know those pains lol.

Just be sure to stretch.
If it really starts to hurt though, I would urge you to see a good Chiropractor.

think!IMAGINARIL...
post Sep 20 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(iRock cB @ Sep 19 2006, 10:47 PM) *
Anytime you have any questions about your body i.e. pains, aches, etc. post here. There are a lot of cool people that can help you out with great information! happy.gif

I haven't played tennis in a year, and today I had tennis team tryouts.. My right arm and hand hurt like HELL. I can't even type properly.
The handle was like size XXL and my regular racquet is like size S.
Is it because I haven't played in a while or is it because the handle was too big?

And don't just tell me that I'm going to die. XD.gif

smoke
post Sep 20 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #10

Pokeball, GO!

^ Haha. Hmm, I've only played Tennis for fun so I wouldn't know anything about the sizes of the handles or any technical aspects of the sport. I do know that it's important to have the right size for the best performance and less strain on your arm. My guess is that it's a combination of not playing in a while and using the wrong size.

P.S. I didn't mean you had to post aches and pains and all that only in this topic. I meant that you should in the Health form. I'm sorry I didn't clarify that! My mistake. I'll go edit. happy.gif

think!IMAGINARIL...
post Sep 20 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #11

Oh, oops. I didn't realize that. pinch.gif

Thanks!

smoke
post Sep 20 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #12

Pokeball, GO!

^ No problem! I hope I helped! biggrin.gif Feel free to PM me anytime you need advice or just have a question. happy.gif

pandamonium
post Sep 21 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #13

cheeeesy like theres no tomorrow

Member No: 37,142

yea if i dont go to the gym for liike 2 or 3 weeks and i go back my body aches all over the place depending what i did at the gym the day before.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: