Reply to this topicStart new topic
piiiiiiimples. eww?
tchotchke
post Apr 24 2005, 12:57 AM
Post #1

o.O

Group: Member
Member No: 102,230

I decided to pull an all-nighter and I'm bored. So this is what I came up with.

BTW... don't ask about the all-nighter.. its complicated...

The Basics
- Don't pop them. It's simple really. Don't touch them. There is no good way to pop pimples.
- Toothpaste doesn't belong on your face. Use benzoyl peroxide instead.
- Eat healthy. Drink water. Exercise. You'll notice the difference after a week.
- Use products with salicylic acid if you have acne-prone skin.
- Tea tree oil is great. You can use it straight from the bottle (100% tea tree oil) or mixed in with products (a shampoo that contains tea tree oil)
- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque is supposed to work wonders. It isn't sold where I live though.

Popping pimples
Yeah, I said you shouldn't. But you will anyway. Heck, I will too. Here is a technique suggested by karamelle:
boil some water. get a towel, put your face over the pot and the towel over your head, to keep the steam in. do this for about 10 minutes. (it feels so good!) Now before you do all that, get a clean wash rag and soak it in warm water. let it soak while you do your little steam bath. When you finish, and I mean as soon as you finish, get that rag, and cover your 2 index fingers with it. place your finger tips besides the pimple, not on top, and push straight into your skin. dont push towards the pimple, that can cause all the ickies to go further into your skin. So sit there and be patient with it. If nothing happens after a few tries, dont force it. Go under the steam again, and soak your rag again. come back, and use the other side of the rag. push INTO your skin, a few times more. if it still doesnt work, leave it alone. try it again tomorrow. whatever you do, dont force it. And dont use your bare hands. that just puts more oil on your face that you would have started with.

Acne Scars
- Vitamin E oil can be applied to scars to slowly decrease the visibilty of acne scars.
- Tea tree oil can also be applied to the scars. If you're using the pure oil, it's got a really strong smell to it. Most people don't like it but m'eh, I don't mind it.
- Emu (yes, the bird) oil. It's proven to help with almost every skin problem out there.
- Sea buckthorn seed oil helps a bit too.
- Scar-zone is a product used for scars. It can be found in places like Walgreens, CVS, etc.

Hair and Acne
Chances are if you have bangs you probably get pimples where your bangs are. Your hair gets oily after a bit, and the oil from the hair clogs up the pores on your face causing pimples. Try shampooing with products that contain tea tree oil.

Cleansing your face
-Make sure you clean your face everyday! Even though it may not seem dirty, it is. Be careful though, don't clean your face too much. When you clean your face, you are stripping it of oil. The more you clean your face the more oil glands will work to produce oil. Some people wash their faces so much they think that their skin is oily, when it actually isn't. They're just putting their oil glands into overtime.
-It is said you should wash your face morning and night, but if you really do have oily skin, the maximum times you should wash your face is thrice daily.
-If you have acne prone skin, use products that contain salicylic acid. It helps break down blackheads and whiteheads and prevents clogged follicles.
- Benzoyl peroxide releases oxygen to help kill bacteria. It also helps breakdown blackheads and whiteheads.
- You're suppoesd to use salicylic acid in the morning, and benzoyl peroxide at night.
- Be Gentle. Don't over do the medication.
- Make sure you MOISTURIZE after washing your face!
- Don't use bar soaps! I'm not sure why, but it's something like theres a residue that gets left on your face even after rinsing, which can lead to pimples. MAN! I wish I knew that before I went out and bought Clinique. pinch.gif
Try products like: Cetaphil, Clearasil, or Clean and Clear.
QUOTE(01b4byy @ Apr 25 2005, 7:26 PM)
You can use Rubbing Alcohol also. I tried it.. it doesnt like.. make ur pimple go away.. buh it makes it go away faster in combination with whatever product you use. Just use a q-tip or cotton ball.. and put it in rubbing alcohol.. and lik jus place it on ur pimple.

QUOTE(sunissed14127 @ May 4 2005, 7:39 PM)
This is really great. One tip: If you are willing to splurge, make an appointment at a Clinique counter.....If will help so much. The Clinique lady will give you a total make over, tell you how to take care of your slin, what skin type you are, and all that good stuff. She'll tell you what kind of facial things you need too. My package cost me about $35 dollars, and it works GREAT!!!

Moisturizing
- If you have oily skin, use a light moisturizer. (I currently use L'Oreal Hydraclear for oily skin)
- Usually moisturizers for oily skin are more like gels rather than lotions.
- If you have dry skin, use a product like Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. It's REALLY moisturizing. =)
- If you have normal skin, use a moisturizer designed for.. well.. normal skin!

Acne on the body
Unfortunately some of us have acne on our backs. Use a loofah (or something like it) to exfoliate with. Pour some medicated body wash (like Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub) and scrub scrub scrub. I'm testing this out, I'll tell you how it goes. ;)

The End
No matter what, no one will be able to help you more than a dermotologist. Look one up. I'm sure s/he'd help you a lot, and give you medication (retin-a, differin etc.) if you needed it.

P.S. I didn't write all of this, just think of me as someone who gathered information and put it all in one spot. I haven't tried all of this either. So don't blame me if the results aren't what you intended. If you have any questions, ask them... and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

And feel free to post stuff that I can add to this.

Great. Now I need to find something else to occupy my time with....

gladz612
post Apr 24 2005, 01:03 AM
Post #2

.bubblicious inspirations. @ www.bubbliciousoul.com

Member No: 112,228

welll they all seem to be very logical helpful tips! well done!

ChasingLife87
post Apr 24 2005, 01:04 AM
Post #3

ich heisse Meli.

Member No: 122,016

This needs to be pinned!

heyyfrankie
post Apr 24 2005, 01:22 AM
Post #4

This bitch better work!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 28,095

even though you say not to pop pimples, most people, including myself, probably wouldn't like a huge white head on their nose. ermm.gif but i did learn some stuff from this. cool.gif

lovescream
post Apr 24 2005, 01:29 AM
Post #5

define our lives for us.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 43,293

MY MOM HAS BEEN POPPING MY FLIPPIN` PIMPLES FOR AGES. it hurts! psssh. she still does it after i tell her not to. and after i showed her this she said it was just a bunch of bullcrap.

q-tips rule
post Apr 24 2005, 01:41 AM
Post #6

dont be fooled by the post count

Member No: 129,584

Lol. i pop my pimples. tis a habit. yeah i use acne cream and what not but eh.

LadyXTor
post Apr 24 2005, 03:12 AM
Post #7

Want fries with that?

Member No: 50,652

Helpful tips. Thanks.

bad_girl
post Apr 24 2005, 03:58 AM
Post #8

Apr 24 '05* 1000 posts!

Member No: 56,049

thanks. i'll remember that.

pingpang_0811
post Apr 24 2005, 05:21 AM
Post #9

weird Sarah. yes,me...

Member No: 93,023

thanks for your tips ^^

hiromi
post Apr 24 2005, 07:06 AM
Post #10

Loser

Member No: 67,558

Excellent tips there ^^

starlette
post Apr 24 2005, 07:57 AM
Post #11

RAWR.

Member No: 102,641

Well I agree that you shouldnt pop your pimples, but let it be said that there is a technique of doing it if you have one you just cannot stand. Its a little involved tho. boil some water. get a towel, put your face over the pot and the towel over your head, to keep the steam in. do this for about 10 minutes. (it feels so good!) Now before you do all that, get a clean wash rag and soak it in warm water. let it soak while you do your little steam bath. When you finish, and I mean as soon as you finish, get that rag, and cover your 2 index fingers with it. place your finger tips besides the pimple, not on top, and push straight into your skin. dont push towards the pimple, that can cause all the ickies to go further into your skin. So sit there and be patient with it. If nothing happens after a few tries, dont force it. Go under the steam again, and soak your rag again. come back, and use the other side of the rag. push INTO your skin, a few times more. if it still doesnt work, leave it alone. try it again tomorrow. whatever you do, dont force it. And dont use your bare hands. that just puts more oil on your face that you would have started with.

tchotchke
post Apr 24 2005, 08:02 AM
Post #12

o.O

The popping pimples thing... i just learned that from experience. I tried what karamelle suggested already.. but it still turned into a scar. So I just said not to pop them at all. Its a hard habit to break though.

And to spiritedfreak, it's up to you if you believe what I wrote or not.

jennyjenny
post Apr 24 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #13

Member No: 28,115

I learned a lot haha =]

I think this should be pinned shrug.gif

ITSBONKERS
post Apr 24 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #14

Member No: 129,180

wow, this is good for all the people who make topics about this stuff.
i agree with AzNxJenny91, this should be pinned.

IhMc_gIrL
post Apr 24 2005, 12:23 PM
Post #15

I'm YoUr AnGeL

Member No: 62,851

blink.gif well.....it's kinda gross when u pop it cuz icky stuff some out.I hate it!i use astringent.It doesnt work but it stings sooo much! cry.gif It makes me cry.I hate piiimmmples!! _dry.gif .It's just always shitt in ur life.uggghh!anyways...yeah nice job!this things r important!

iheartsimba
post Apr 24 2005, 12:24 PM
Post #16

kristin

Member No: 3,985

Wow, you guys have been making good topic latley! How helpful happy.gif

yay, pinned! (I hope I'm not pinning to much, but it's all so helpful =])

woozle
post Apr 24 2005, 01:17 PM
Post #17

Pheer Woozle

Member No: 75,146

I used Vitamin E on my face to help get rid of scars but it made my face break out in blackheads. pinch.gif

tmauze
post Apr 24 2005, 01:45 PM
Post #18

Member No: 116,565

very well said happy.gif

__PASS10NAT3
post Apr 24 2005, 04:13 PM
Post #19

atleast pretend to care?

Member No: 104,176

k00l topic~.. i despise pimples.. =\

Shattered_Hope
post Apr 24 2005, 06:01 PM
Post #20

...and this is me..

Member No: 57,899

Thanks for the info. _smile.gif

yellowgurl
post Apr 24 2005, 11:48 PM
Post #21

sunshiine

Member No: 20,360

gd tips.. i willremember it!

simx
post Apr 25 2005, 12:45 AM
Post #22

"Silly me, I thought this was a free country"

Group: Human
Member No: 60,913

Good tips.... happy.gif

IamRad
post Apr 25 2005, 12:23 PM
Post #23

SCHGEB!SCHGEB!

Member No: 66,217

Thanks. Ill try some of what u suggested some time. i cant stand zits.

tchotchke
post Apr 25 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #24

o.O

QUOTE(IamRad @ Apr 25 2005, 12:23 PM)
Thanks. Ill try some of what u suggested some time. i cant stand zits.

I don't think anyone can stubborn.gif ... haha.

Oh and I forgot, your welcome to everyone that said thanks. =) biggrin.gif

01b4byy
post Apr 25 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #25

Member No: 116,192

You can use Rubbing Alcohol also. I tried it.. it doesnt like.. make ur pimple go away.. buh it makes it go away faster in combination with whatever product you use. Just use a q-tip or cotton ball.. and put it in rubbing alcohol.. and lik jus place it on ur pimple.

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: