NINTENDO's NEW CONSOLE, dicussion
pandamonium
post Apr 27 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #1

cheeeesy like theres no tomorrow

Group: Member
Member No: 37,142

NINTENDO's NEW CONSOLE
well the nintendo company has always been my favorite but now that xbox and playstation have been boosting up gaming sales, well from my opinion i dont know the true statistics, and i saw a rumor on the upcoming console for nintendo. its nuts all these new consoles. well i love nintendo and they have a change to BLOW everyone away because everyone is coming up with new consoles but there is a rumor for the new Nintendo console called "Nintendo Revolution." They have a chance to beat xbox and playstation and i hope they do cause nintendo is an all time favorite.

so has anyone heard anything else on nintendo revolution.???? this is where i found the rumor >>> click

speculations is that the Nintendo revolution is going to be unique in a way were the game is viewed in 3d and they had the first hearings of it at a panel. i dont know what they mean 3d but they said the controllers will mostlikely be all wireless and support a pda type touch screen.

this sounds juicy but these are all speculations.
i dont know but there is just so many things they can do now.

edit

here is another good link : IGN . COM

sadolakced acid
post Apr 27 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #2

dripping destruction

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 21,929

hmm. sounds expensive.

there are 3-d LCD screens currently that render 3-d games as two images, and you cross your eyes to see them.

i hope this isn't like that..

pandamonium
post Apr 27 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Apr 27 2005, 10:06 PM)
hmm. sounds expensive.

there are 3-d LCD screens currently that render 3-d games as two images, and you cross your eyes to see them.

i hope this isn't like that..

i dont think so cause it said that you can hook it up to your computer monitor/tv. i dont know what they meant by 3d but they said they will show the games in a different way that other consoles use.

Justingamemaster
post Apr 27 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #4

mmm....beer....

Member No: 24,854

Yes. The Nintendo Revolution will in fact have controllers that are touch pads...in fact, the developers of games can modify the way the controller looks, according to the game. They can change the layout, functions, and everything they need in order the make the game more enjoyable.

Also not much has been released from Nintendo concerning the Revolution (i don't think that's even the real title, just a 'codename'), considering the r337 innovations these guys have.

One thing, though, is that Nintendo will not be publishing games upon release of the Revolution unless the developers of those games take full advantage of the controls...sounds pretty whack huh? Nintendo might be making their own games...for a while...which isn't bad, considering the good games they are able to make.

pandamonium
post Apr 27 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #5

yea thats the code name but thats crazy about the changeable controllers and the pda characteristics. it sounds expensive but i hope they make it as cheap for the middle class people. the name they call it is "GCNEXT" meaning the succesor of gamecube.

Justingamemaster
post Apr 27 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #6

mmm....beer....

Member No: 24,854

I think they will be able to make it cheap. It's Nintendo, the oldest of the three top console battle people. I'm sure they have a few tricks up their sleeves shifty.gif

They will realize that the main reason that Xbox did not successfully launch as well as a PS2 did, despite the awesome technical specs, was because of it's sheer cost. Surely they will not make the same mistake.

Also, something on the side...did you know that Gamecube was a 32-bit console, which is why they didn't have Mario 64? Haha!

*kryogenix*
post Apr 29 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #7

Yes. The Nintendo Revolution will in fact have controllers that are touch pads...in fact, the developers of games can modify the way the controller looks, according to the game. They can change the layout, functions, and everything they need in order the make the game more enjoyable.

Source? This is just a rumor. Nintendo did admit that the "revolutionary" concept will involve the controller, but this does not confirm a touch pad.

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...endo+revolution

Personally, I have my doubts that 3d the technology in the above topic will be part of the revolution. This might be a bit expensive, which is not nintendo's style. But if they can pull it off, it will be BIG.

Nintendo has a big chance to regain the lead. Playstation's Cell processor will be tough to program for, so 3rd party support may be lacking in the beginning (unless sony releases some good devkits).

Also, something on the side...did you know that Gamecube was a 32-bit console, which is why they didn't have Mario 64? Haha!

No, the gecko processor is 128 bit. Certain operations executed by the processor may be 32 bit (and some are 64 bit), but the Gamecube is indeed a 128 bit console.

ThunderEvermore
post Apr 29 2005, 09:28 PM
Post #8

Quincy

Member No: 23,613

QUOTE(GamePro @ Issue # 201, June 2005)
The "Revolution"
Name - Unknown. Revolution sounds awfully boastful, but then again, this is Nintendo.

Launch Date - 2006

Backward Compatibility - Confirmed backward compatibility with the GameCube.

Central Processor - By IBM as are those in the Xbox2 and PS3.

Graphics Processor - Courtesy of ATi, who with the Xbox2, is seeing brisk business these days.

Online Play - Nintendo has partnered with GameSpy, but for what? Is the company taking the plunge?

Connectivity - Built in Wi-Fi to connect with other Revolutions and probably the DS.

Cool Rumor - Touch-panel controllers that are completely customizable.

Note - Nintendo has said that it will not compete with the PS3 and Xbox2 in terms of hardware, so you can probably expect midlevel graphic performance and a significantly lower price point.

So thats the skinny on the Revolution.

The Xbox2 is a very intriguing piece of hardware however. It is suppost to contain 256 MB RAM, as much as the 600$ ATi Radeon x850 XT. How would they lower the price point on the entire machine if the graphics processor is going to be a beast like that?

The PS3 prospects to have the same kind of outlandish pricing, with a graphics processor that is "Courtesy of nVidia, and far more powerful than even the current (and obscenely expensive) PC powerhouse GeForce 6800 Ultra."

The next generation of consoles is going to be a big battle, and MS and SONY are bringing the big guns. But much like in, say, Halo 2, sometimes a rocket launcher doesnt do the trick, and a good ol' Sub Maching Gun can wipe out many foes.

All I know is that e3 is going to be some kind of show, and I guarantee that the industry will be changed greatly. I believe its going to be a big turning point in gaming. Will graphics win over gameplay? Will developers lose sight of the true objective, pleasing the player? Will Shigeru Miyamoto wear another Link costume?

All these questions will be answered, and alot more at this year's e3.

pandamonium
post Apr 30 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 29 2005, 7:38 PM)
Source? This is just a rumor. Nintendo did admit that the "revolutionary" concept will involve the controller, but this does not confirm a touch pad.

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...endo+revolution

Personally, I have my doubts that 3d the technology in the above topic will be part of the revolution. This might be a bit expensive, which is not nintendo's style. But if they can pull it off, it will be BIG.

Nintendo has a big chance to regain the lead. Playstation's Cell processor will be tough to program for, so 3rd party support may be lacking in the beginning (unless sony releases some good devkits).
No, the gecko processor is 128 bit. Certain operations executed by the processor may be 32 bit (and some are 64 bit), but the Gamecube is indeed a 128 bit console.

i cant see the video that you showed in that last quote of the link. i wanna see it.
and what are devkits.

and i still dont get this unique 3d quality of the games . i dont get how that works.

QUOTE(ThunderEvermore @ Apr 29 2005, 9:28 PM)
So thats the skinny on the Revolution.

The Xbox2 is a very intriguing piece of hardware however. It is suppost to contain 256 MB RAM, as much as the 600$ ATi Radeon x850 XT. How would they lower the price point on the entire machine if the graphics processor is going to be a beast like that?

The PS3 prospects to have the same kind of outlandish pricing, with a graphics processor that is "Courtesy of nVidia, and far more powerful than even the current (and obscenely expensive) PC powerhouse GeForce 6800 Ultra."

The next generation of consoles is going to be a big battle, and MS and SONY are bringing the big guns. But much like in, say, Halo 2, sometimes a rocket launcher doesnt do the trick, and a good ol' Sub Maching Gun can wipe out many foes.

All I know is that e3 is going to be some kind of show, and I guarantee that the industry will be changed greatly. I believe its going to be a big turning point in gaming. Will graphics win over gameplay? Will developers lose sight of the true objective, pleasing the player? Will Shigeru Miyamoto wear another Link costume?

All these questions will be answered, and alot more at this year's e3.

it sounds like its gunna have a lot of cool things. but wifi with the SP thats awesome but with wifi isnt it slow? like would it be as fast as regular speed as in your computer. i mean i know how psp's can connect through wifi but are they all that fast?

but yea i love nintendo as i said so im definatley buying this. but that makes me worry about buying a xbox 360.

*kryogenix*
post Apr 30 2005, 08:58 AM
Post #10

mms://wm.networkworld-na-central.speedera.net/wm.networkworld-na-central/events/demo04/TotalImmer_pres.wmv

Removed the http:// tag. devkits are software developer kits.

Eryi
post Apr 30 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #11

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 77,305

I say PS is more of adult games than kid games. Nintendo comes out with more games suitable for kids.

pandamonium
post Apr 30 2005, 02:10 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(JAMx33 @ Apr 30 2005, 11:29 AM)
I say PS is more of adult games than kid games. Nintendo comes out with more games suitable for kids.

ok i dont think that is relevant to what we are talking about.

thx kryo but the link doesnt work cause its mms i dont think windows media player is supporting that.

x LUV x ALWAYS x
post May 3 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #13

reluctantly gazing

Member No: 120,555

that would be pretty cool if they came out with that, it sounds interesting.

jaeman
post May 16 2005, 06:29 AM
Post #14

Group: Official Member
Member No: 10,581

Yeah, I have heard of the nintendo revoultion.
In fact, sources say that revolution is the code name for the next generation console. From what I know, the intended name is nintendo on. I've seen lots of blueprints and wax models of the console because I live in japan as most of you know.

*kryogenix*
post May 16 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #15

rumor is (source is a chinese hardware developer) that the revolution is going to have four 2.5 ghz IBM Power PC processors. 10 ghz, that beats Xbox's 9.6 ghz (3 * 3.2).

edit:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articl...4139&page=other

nintendo says revolution will be about the size of 3 dvd cases stacked up on top of each other, and only slightly longer.

ThunderEvermore
post May 17 2005, 09:10 AM
Post #16

Quincy

QUOTE(kryogenix @ May 16 2005, 8:02 PM)
rumor is (source is a chinese hardware developer) that the revolution is going to have four 2.5 ghz IBM Power PC processors. 10 ghz, that beats Xbox's 9.6 ghz (3 * 3.2).

edit:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articl...4139&page=other

nintendo says revolution will be about the size of 3 dvd cases stacked up on top of each other, and only slightly longer.

Wireless out of the box?

Small as 3 DVD cases?

Backwards compatible?

Oh yeah baby, its a revolution. MWAHAHAHAHA. ::cough::

AND more horse power than the xbox? Im wondering how many people will think Nintendo is for t3h kiddies now eh?

*kryogenix*
post May 17 2005, 01:41 PM
Post #17

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050517/latu045.html?.v=11

the revolution will have access to all 20 years of nintendo goodiness! you'll be able to play every nintendo game on the revolution!

[edit]Pics!

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/615/615081p1.html?fromint=1

it looks cool! but where's the controller? must be where the revolution is :)

HKT
post May 17 2005, 02:13 PM
Post #18

Member No: 137,888

is that true?what i heard an seen waz that it looks like a ps2.

*kryogenix*
post May 17 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(HKT @ May 17 2005, 2:13 PM)
is that true?what i heard an seen waz that it looks like a ps2.

the pics from the link in my post are the real deal.

it's so good looking! guess what my new background is :)

edit:

BOO YAH, post # 4000.

pandamonium
post May 17 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #20

its so freaking awesome. so far its the smallest console ever and its sleek and sexy. i would hope they come with different colors. i mean ps3 has 3 colors to come with. it would be awesome if this came in green or at least a sleek white.

but the ps3 looks ugly cause it has like the spiderman font on it. and its like one of those weird looking gift boxes. but even tho ps3 is like 35 times more powerful than its ps2 processor i dont think imma buy it.

ThunderEvermore
post May 17 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #21

Quincy

With the ability to DL all the games from NES SNES etc etc etc, that right there already makes it the best system for sure.

Then theres the small and sexy look, which of course sells consoles, or so says every PSP fan out there.

The PS3 did look dumb, especially with that odd shape, the elliptical kind of shape, I hate it. And the controllers look ridiculously uncomfortable.

*kryogenix*
post May 18 2005, 03:26 PM
Post #22

The colors dude, the COLORS!

sadolakced acid
post May 18 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #23

dripping destruction

nice.

i'd have to go with the black tho...

they need to have glowing LEDs on it. it would probably cost 10 bucks, and it would help sell tons of units...

i want to see the controler tho...

*kryogenix*
post May 18 2005, 04:10 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ May 18 2005, 3:53 PM)
i want to see the controler tho...

who doesn't?

rumor is, you'll be able to use gamecube controllers on the revolution.

this could mean that the revolution's controller will be so different, that it would be more difficult to play gamecube games. interesting...

sadolakced acid
post May 18 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #25

dripping destruction

mm...

maybe they've forgone the whole controler idea and gone with a gyro-glove control thing...

i'm hoping too much...

that would be quite revolutionary tho...

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: