Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

Reply to this topicStart new topic
First retouch in a long time
chornu2
post Jun 21 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 759,120

Be as harsh as you possibly want, any type of criticism is helpful. This is the first retouch I've done in four or five months. I couldn't find myself to do something with the eyeshadow that I actually liked, so I left it and moved on.

This post has been edited by tokyo-rose: Jun 22 2010, 01:38 PM
Reason for edit: Added image tags. - Cristy

creole
post Jun 21 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 676,364

well, the first thing i notice that you didn't retouch was her teeth. sorry, but those gaps just bother me. I think you should have fixed up her eyebrows, cause they still make her look not pretty. Another thing that you could of done is trying to make her face more feminine by messing with liquify. oh and you might want to remove the bags from her eyes as well to make her look younger, and try not going to much on the makeup.

overall, you fixed up most of her flaws, but she still looks somewhat horrid.

tokyo-rose
post Jun 22 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #3

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

QUOTE(Christy @ Jun 21 2010, 06:57 PM) *
you made her skin tone really uneven. it's TOO smooth, looks really fake.

the make up you tried to do is blurry, patchy so it makes it look even worse.

Her forehead looks plastic because you airbrushed it so much; same goes for her cheeks. The skin in between her eyes looks almost the same as it does in the original, so the over-editing you did on the rest of her skin is even more pronounced.

I don't think this girl is bad-looking, but you didn't retouch her properly, so you didn't really make her appear better. Search "retouch" in this subforum and you'll find some great examples to learn from (markmejia has done a lot of awesome ones). YouTube also has good tutorials you can follow to improve your airbrushing skills.

Keep trying, and keep us updated on your progress!

jiyong
post Jun 22 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #4

사랑해 ~ 我愛你 ♥

Group: Design Staff
Member No: 492,587

If you smooth her skin out, be sure to add some noise back into the smooth spots to even her skin out. This is where a higher quality picture would come in handy - many of the "blemishes" on her face are actually caused by the low quality of the image.

Besides that, tone down the makeup (it looks unnatural). Don't change the eyelashes - not only do they look smudged and fake, but in editing them, you hid her double eyelids, which makes her eyes look even more unnatural. The purpose of retouching is to edit an image while making the edits seem as natural and as much a part of the original image as possible. Try to keep that in mind while you work on your image ^^

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: