4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
dooney and bourke can die, and other dreadful trends
*tweeak*
post Mar 9 2005, 09:59 PM
Post #1

i am immeasurably sick of seeing everyone carying those stupid dooney and bourke bags with the hearts on them that lindsay lohan advertises around school. theyre so ugly, not to mention overpriced. THEYRE EVERYWHERE and its horrible. theyre the most hideous thing ever. geez i cant believe people actually pay for those things

also, pants with words written across the ass are still awful. and always will be, as it happens.

im sure i have more complaints, but ill get back to you after i fail my chemistry test pinch.gif

Chii
post Mar 9 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #2

dakishimetainoni...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 75,318

I AGREE WITH YOU!!

i can't believe that people buy into this crap either. the dooney and bourke bags i've seen look like all those people did was sew on some random letters that spell out "dooney and bourke"

i just googled the bag you were talking about...it looks like a 5 year old designs their bags ermm.gif

plus, people pay like $55 bucks for a FAKE louis vuitton wallet thing

with that, you could've bought a REAL rocawear bag for $40

or this xoxo bag for $30

AND
this tommy hilfiger bag for like $25 on ebay

if people really insist on the hearts...i really like this xoxo bag more, it's $44 instead of the $100+ dooney and bourke one ermm.gif

*wind&fire*
post Mar 9 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #3

wow they are really ugly

FLIPxADDICTION
post Mar 9 2005, 11:35 PM
Post #4

cameraman swing the focus!

Group: Member
Member No: 4,328

dooney and bourke isn't really trendy here. i don't think it's that bad.

ethik dreamer
post Mar 9 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #5

Member No: 92,707

Dooney & Burke is the kind of bag for people who LIKE more colorful stuff. See, buying a bag with the logo simply all over it, or the logo is in one place with a plain color, then it seems boring. With Dooney and Burke, people tend to notice it a bit more, since it's more vivid and such. Yeah, I don't buy hand bags or anything, and if they make men's messenger bags one day, I'd like to see what it'd look like. Then again, Dooney and Burke is strictly women's bags and such, so it'd probably look gay.

ItzOnlySydney
post Mar 9 2005, 11:41 PM
Post #6

deleted

Member No: 92,276

look at what my five year old neice sent me! isn't it lovely. they ran out of paper so she did her artwork on a purse!

jordanriane
post Mar 9 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #7

when we speak, we breathe

Member No: 91,760

I, personally, don't see the point in wasting money on purses, well, expensive ones that is.

Hell, I call spending $30 on a gap purse expensive ;) haha.

rockstermonkey
post Mar 9 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #8

Handclaps please

Member No: 26,359

Those bags are the ugliest ones I have ever seen. People buy them why??

gigiopolis
post Mar 10 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #9

gigi =p

Member No: 41,206

I HATE Dooney and Bourke. I HATE HATE HATE IT. It's a complete jocked version of Louis Vuitton. They friggin piss me off.

While we're on this topic, XOXO and Guess piss the hell out of me because they jock off Gucci.

christinaaa
post Mar 10 2005, 03:38 AM
Post #10

Member No: 106,896

EH. they're really kiddyish?

xpiixeespriitx
post Mar 10 2005, 06:52 AM
Post #11

Member No: 17,043

i hate dooney and burke! and xoxq...

*tweeak*
post Mar 10 2005, 03:07 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(chii @ Mar 9 2005, 10:38 PM)
I AGREE WITH YOU!!

i can't believe that people buy into this crap either.  the dooney and bourke bags i've seen look like all those people did was sew on some random letters that spell out "dooney and bourke"

i just googled the bag you were talking about...it looks like a 5 year old designs their bags ermm.gif

yeah, ive seen that first one too (or something similar). but either way, whether you like color or not, that doesnt make them less ugly. because theyre EVERYWHERE and i have to look at them too

QUOTE(FLIPxADDICTION @ Mar 9 2005, 11:35 PM)
dooney and bourke isn't really trendy here. i don't think it's that bad.

theyre about the only designer bags you can get around here without driving downtown

QUOTE(jordanriane @ Mar 9 2005, 11:42 PM)
Hell, I call spending $30 on a gap purse expensive ;) haha.

me too. i was reluctant to spend $16 on my last one. my current one was on sale for $5 at old navy

b0st0ngrl
post Mar 10 2005, 03:12 PM
Post #13

No Day But Today.

Member No: 99,184

I was going to get one of the original Dooney and Bourke (sp?) bags about a year ago and then I saw the price. I don't think I'd ever spend that much on a bag..

heyyfrankie
post Mar 10 2005, 05:56 PM
Post #14

This bitch better work!

Member No: 28,095

i hate those kinds of brands! sick.gif they can go to hell! hammer.gif too expensive! pinch.gif

to-devastate
post Mar 10 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #15

highfive.

Member No: 32,951

dang. they're ugly. i never seen them before. but im pretty sure the trend will hit... soon. UGH.

f4113n
post Mar 11 2005, 05:07 PM
Post #16

Member No: 107,547

some people like those styles. apparently u guys dont lyk them. yeah i think dooney & bourke, louis vuitton, etc are ugly.

i really like coach tho. its expensive but cute (most of it, some of it is ugly).

get over it ppl. some brands are just really expensive, thats y theyre called 'brand names' or 'designer bags'

kokosofly
post Mar 11 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #17

x___aka K0K0

Member No: 89,266

I think those Dooney Bags are cute!

ANG33ZY
post Mar 11 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #18

skaters gonna skate.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 6,336

well I like them.

*tweeak*
post Mar 11 2005, 08:26 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(f4113n @ Mar 11 2005, 5:07 PM)
some people like those styles. apparently u guys dont lyk them. yeah i think dooney & bourke, louis vuitton, etc are ugly.

i really like coach tho. its expensive but cute (most of it, some of it is ugly).

get over it ppl. some brands are just really expensive, thats y theyre called 'brand names' or 'designer bags'

im aware that designer bags are going to be expensive, but i see no reason for them to be so damn ugly. i wouldnt even mind that much if everyone werent carrying them, but theyre everywhere and its awful

taiwanesegurl
post Mar 11 2005, 08:40 PM
Post #20

TaiwaneseGurl

Member No: 56,375

designer bags are usually made of better material and at a better quality than ur normal gap/old navy bags which are made in china or some country that u've probably will have a hard time to locate on the map in sweatshops where people literally get worked to death.. and they usually last forever..

d&b and coach are both american brands.. and they're products are actually much cheaper than gucci, fendi, lv.. i have a d&b bag cuz it's really cheap, and it lasts.. but i have the plain logo 1.. kinda sucked that they came out after the multi color LV ones came out.. but imo, LV is the leader of bags..

LV bags get more beautiful the older it is.. and the workmanship put into each bag is incredible.. i know old people who's been using the same LV bag for more than 20 years.. and it still looks great.. i haven't met any1 who has been using their $15 bag from target for the past 20 years though.. and think about it.. average lifespan of a $15 bag is what, at most 2 years? i rather spend $500 on a bag that'll last me a lifetime and still look fashionable 20 years later than a $15 that'll go outta style in like, a day.. it's the lines and the design that's just incomparable..

like, martha stewart got dissed about her bag that's worth like, tens of thousands of dollars during her trial.. it looks brand spanking new (since it's martha, she most likely takes GREAT care of it), and very wonderful and fashionable.. yet she got it like, 14 years ago.. and it didn't got tens of thousands of dollars when she got it..

so yea.. expensive bags have a reason to be expensive..

as for this new d&b design.. it's different and quirky.. very attention grabbing, don't u think?

but i'm saving for an LV bag.. i WAS gonna get this adorable coach bag like 2 months ago.. but then coach to me looks like a chanel knockoff cuz of the C..

*autumn.*
post Mar 11 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #21

it's all a matter of opinion. i think that lv is hideous. absolutely HIDEOUS. every single one of the designs i've seen by LV, i've hated. but hey, whatever. if others like it, suits them.

yeah i hate coach and d&b as well. i like my uh..kenneth cole purse? so hot.

misoshiru
post Mar 12 2005, 09:41 AM
Post #22

yan lin♥

Member No: 13,627

i dont think they're that bad...in a way, it's kind of cute. anyways, dooney and bourke bags aren't a fad where i live.

*mzkandi*
post Mar 12 2005, 09:47 AM
Post #23

i have a dooney and another one on the way.....i like them but i will agree that they are not for everyone

kayiiem
post Mar 12 2005, 09:53 AM
Post #24

LaLaLa =]

Member No: 94,170

it really is based on the material of the bag but i went shopping with my friend and we went to this "fake" purse store and they all looked pretty real if you can't tell reall purses to fake ones. and so i got a louis vuitton one for 15 bucks and it looks real.

super_grover08
post Mar 12 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #25

Member No: 111,988

they're ok

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: