Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | Big Book of Resources

Submission Guidelines

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Most Common Mistakes Web Designers Make
randycowell
post Jun 9 2010, 07:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 757,866

I love seeing web designers and graphic artist artwork, i love how they mix the tone , the color and the sharp of a certain layout. However, there are still some common mistakes they make.

I once saw this in several web designs, is hard to find the navigation, because of the artistic designs such as using things like drop down menus for navigation can make your pages less user-friendly.

Share us what you think their most common mistakes?

Mikeplyts
post Jun 9 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #2

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

I don't think drop down menus aren't necessarily non user-friendly. The common mistake with that is that it's hard to figure out that the navigation has drop down menus (for example, they usually have some kind of marker letting users and visitors know that there's a drop down menu). And besides, most drop down menus are activated on hover so that instantly lets you know it's a drop down menu. And it's a much more organized way of keeping all of your links in place under certain categories instead of a shitload of links everywhere or going down almost the entire page length.

emarielayouts
post Jan 8 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #3

Group: Human
Member No: 770,966

I've seen plenty of mistakes from too many flashing and moving objects to a page with clashing colors that make me blind.

I agree with the navigation issue. If you can't figure out where to go, then you don't want to stay on the page and that's a BAD things for web designers. But making a website too cluttered and complicated, that's a mistake I see all the time. Too much of a mess means not knowing where to go.

SkyeDesign
post Aug 4 2011, 03:45 AM
Post #4

Group: Human
Member No: 618,910

I never use drop down menus. I try to put mine up at the top where it is easy to find and read. I always hated when the themes are not user friendly. I like to make my where you can easily see it, read it and find things. And some designers from what I've seen tend to like crowd the banner with all this unnecessary stuff

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: