Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Illegal Immigration, is there anyone pro-amnesty?
*Elba*
post Jun 30 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #26

If they are legalized, how do they get around not paying taxes?

*Mercy*
post Jun 30 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(Elba @ Jun 30 2007, 06:37 PM) *
If they are legalized, how do they get around not paying taxes?

Well it be what other people do..
"Tax-evasion"
You just dont send ANYTHING.

But there are ways of tracking them down seeing as they are legalized.Its a whole other ball park.

*Elba*
post Jun 30 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #28

Yeah, so if they can get tracked down, what's the problem? I'm sure they're not the only ones who can or will evade taxes.

Plus, if I'm going to be getting a tax return, I sure as hell have an incentive to file, just as many others will.

*Mercy*
post Jun 30 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(Elba @ Jun 30 2007, 06:47 PM) *
Yeah, so if they can get tracked down, what's the problem? I'm sure they're not the only ones who can or will evade taxes.

Plus, if I'm going to be getting a tax return, I sure as hell have an incentive to file, just as many others will.

Hmmm i never thought about it that way.
Who the hell would want to avoid that??

And at least americans get tax returns sad.gif

*Elba*
post Jun 30 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #30

As for the Social Security benefits, from what I understand, you have to have worked to receive them.

kimmytree
post Jun 30 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #31

Kimberly

Group: Member
Member No: 121,599

I dont understand how they could get out of paying taxes if they become citizens... unless their employer pays them under the table. But that would just be for income taxes.

Well, I know alot of people are wanting them to have to pay back taxes to get citizenship. I wish that would work, but there's no way for us to prove how long they've been here. A person might have been here 10 years, and only claim that they've been here for 2.

1angel3
post Jun 30 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #32

Naomi loves you. Y'all may call me NaNa

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 427,774

QUOTE(Mercy @ Jun 30 2007, 01:18 AM) *
False,They used to be able to do that.But as of 1995 even if you marry a american citizen or have kids that are born american,you still can be deported.

The real reason why mexican familys have many kids lies in making sons to pass on the family name and because mexico is pro-large family if thats how you want to put it.
The issue with that is alot of them will find a way to evade it.So we will still have people falling through the cracks.

Oh I didn't know that. But that was their strategy for awhile. I didn't think that was the only reason they was having so many kids when they got here. I know they into the family thing and passing their name down. Because Philippine women was marrying American soldier so they can live here in America. That's why I didn't think they could deport them out the country.

31miracles
post Jul 5 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #33

cvchango

Group: Human
Member No: 332,717

People who illegally immigrate lived a shitty life, and they illegally immigrate in pursuit of a better life. Seriously, can you blame them? Many people I talk to about this issue ignorantly say "I don't care about illegal immigrates problems in their native land". Imagine if you were the one in their position, in a country of war, poverty, or governmental abuse. EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT LIVE LIFE. I mean, if I was living hard life, and America offered a better life, heck yes I would illegally immigrate, and I bet all of you would if in that position. Example: Comeon who here would not illegally escape and stay in their country working in fields 16 hours a day, living in dirty/cramped tenent housing just to make enough for a minimal diet being constantly on a hungry stomache with no future.

Plus, most illegal immigrates are still living a terrible, harworking life in American standards, holding jobs that most Americans don't want. Hopefully I don't offend anyone here, but if you are out of highschool and competing for jobs taken by illegal immigrates (like crop picking, sewage cleaning), then you don't deserve it, because you are "stupid", you had a key at a better life aka schooling which many illegal immigrates are deprived of.

bottomline, illegal immigration is a problem, but I believe it's wrong to deport, block, or prevent naturalization to illegal immigrants.

kimmytree
post Jul 5 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #34

Kimberly

^ But we're talking Mexico here, not freaking AFRICA. Mexico is way better off than most, if not all of the countries in Central and South America. Poverty isnt THAT bad in Mexico, and when have they had to deal with war and significant govermental abuse? I've never heard of any of that.

Not every American is mentally capable of obtaining a college degree, or having a better job. Of course no American wants to pick fruit, but come on. They've INVADED the construction, roofing, and landscaping industry.

Why should any of what you said be an excuse to come here illegally? People immigrate from places that are by far worse... and do it LEGALLY. So why cant they?

*steve330*
post Jul 5 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(31miracles @ Jul 5 2007, 08:00 PM) *
People who illegally immigrate lived a shitty life, and they illegally immigrate in pursuit of a better life. Seriously, can you blame them? Many people I talk to about this issue ignorantly say "I don't care about illegal immigrates problems in their native land". Imagine if you were the one in their position, in a country of war, poverty, or governmental abuse. EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT LIVE LIFE. I mean, if I was living hard life, and America offered a better life, heck yes I would illegally immigrate, and I bet all of you would if in that position. Example: Comeon who here would not illegally escape and stay in their country working in fields 16 hours a day, living in dirty/cramped tenent housing just to make enough for a minimal diet being constantly on a hungry stomache with no future.

Plus, most illegal immigrates are still living a terrible, harworking life in American standards, holding jobs that most Americans don't want. Hopefully I don't offend anyone here, but if you are out of highschool and competing for jobs taken by illegal immigrates (like crop picking, sewage cleaning), then you don't deserve it, because you are "stupid", you had a key at a better life aka schooling which many illegal immigrates are deprived of.
bottomline, illegal immigration is a problem, but I believe it's wrong to deport, block, or prevent naturalization to illegal immigrants.

Then explain to me why they come here, find loopholes around paying taxes, get jobs where they spend half the time sitting around a f**king tree, abuse the medical system, burn the American flag, and have babies when they can't f**king afford to have them.

Also why the hell don't they work on bettering their own damn country? I know it's hard, but if the entire country set it's mind to it, they could pull it off. They're not motivated enough, too lazy, too stupid, or content with their current life. I'm not saying everyone is this way, but as a generality, I would say that.

I live in Texas, there are shitloads of Mexicans here. They're lazy. LAZY.

kimmytree
post Jul 5 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #36

Kimberly

^ AMEN. I know Florida's bad, but I cant imagine what Texas is like. I hate how most of them refuse to learn freaking English. And then we end up having billboards, signs, commercials, and a bunch of other crap in not English, but Spanish. Why are we cateoring to them?! stubborn.gif

I refuse to speak a language other than English in my own country. I dont mind it when a a forigner is here on vacation and cant speak English... but there's no excuse for someone who wants to be an American to NOT speak the language.

31miracles
post Jul 6 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #37

cvchango

Group: Human
Member No: 332,717

QUOTE(kimmytree @ Jul 5 2007, 09:44 PM) *
^ AMEN. I know Florida's bad, but I cant imagine what Texas is like. I hate how most of them refuse to learn freaking English. And then we end up having billboards, signs, commercials, and a bunch of other crap in not English, but Spanish. Why are we cateoring to them?! stubborn.gif

I refuse to speak a language other than English in my own country. I dont mind it when a a forigner is here on vacation and cant speak English... but there's no excuse for someone who wants to be an American to NOT speak the language.

It's called their cultural background... If they are Mexican, they speak Spanish. Most illegal immigrants are around themselves in their ghettos, so there is not really a use to learn English since everyone speaks the language they speak, so they way the see it... Why bother to learn English?
But yes I agree that they should attempt to learn English to fit into society.

QUOTE(steve330 @ Jul 5 2007, 09:19 PM) *
Then explain to me why they come here, find loopholes around paying taxes, get jobs where they spend half the time sitting around a f**king tree, abuse the medical system, burn the American flag, and have babies when they can't f**king afford to have them.

Also why the hell don't they work on bettering their own damn country? I know it's hard, but if the entire country set it's mind to it, they could pull it off. They're not motivated enough, too lazy, too stupid, or content with their current life. I'm not saying everyone is this way, but as a generality, I would say that.

I live in Texas, there are shitloads of Mexicans here. They're lazy. LAZY.

wow dude, you're ignorant

you make it sound like only illegal immigrants "have babies when they can't f**king afford to have them"... my ass, every race faces that problem. I bet your mother sleeps around too, ah yes Steve that is why her belly got big and she needed an abortion. I can say that about almost everything you mentioned, haha my teacher even got fired for dogding taxes. I agree that illegal immigrants abuse medical systems, dodge taxes more, but they are still in poverty, doing anything to gain money. It's human nature; lying/cheating/stealing. EVERYONE DOES IT. But I somewhat agree, this is a problem, not just for illegal immigrants, but everyone.

I would sure like to know where they "get jobs where they spend half the time sitting around a f**king tree." I want that job. You make it sound like illegal immigrants are lazy... well let me tell you this you ignorant faggot, most Chinese illegal immigrants work 7 days a week, the whole day, in Chinese resturants. Many of them have to work their asses for 20-25 years to repay debts to snakeheads (who smugle them into the US) who threaten to kill their family. Down in California, most crop picking jobs are beening taken by illegal immigrants will to work illegal for under minimum wage for long hours in the blazing sun. Compared to these people we are are "LAZY".

"Also why the hell don't they work on bettering their own damn country?" haha, you really can't see clearly, easier said than done... China for example has a terrible government. Yea, work on improving... IMPOSSIBLE. Seriously, think things out before you type.

Burning the American flag... haha I don't know why, Maybe it's because they hate America and Americans, because people like you are so f**king racist towards them.

Serious Steve? why do you have to swear so much and attack people with your language. This is the third time you did this to me. Atleast this time you didn't call me a "f**king retard". This is an online forum... chill out please. Go dye the rest of your head red, you "f**king retard".

Sorry everyone else for my offensive post, but I hate this kid.

*Mercy*
post Jul 6 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #38

Now chew on this everyone.

In mexico.You would be jailed no quesions asked if you snuck over to their contry.
If you do manage to naturalize into their country,You wont get a job,you wont get any rights or benifits beause you werent born there.

Now tell me
WHY THE f**k SHOULD WE GIVE THEM SHIT,IF ITS THE DOUBLE STANDARD OVER THERE.

*Elba*
post Jul 6 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #39

Who the hell would want to sneak into Mexico?

kimmytree
post Jul 6 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #40

Kimberly

Someone who's just commited a crime (like murder), owes someone money, etc.

*Elba*
post Jul 7 2007, 12:23 AM
Post #41

So how do murderers compare to people who are trying to better the lives of themselves and their families?

*ersatz*
post Jul 7 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #42

Bigger point: Anyone take into account how hard it is and how long it takes to become a citizen? Especially when you're not from a preferred place?

illriginal
post Jul 7 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #43

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

Screw it, close the borders stop allowing immigrants to come in. And fix the problems within our borders. Once things are fixed, then re-open the borders with more security and make sure everyone comes in legally.

illriginal
post Jul 7 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #44

QUOTE(Mercy @ Jul 6 2007, 10:50 PM) *
Now chew on this everyone.

In mexico.You would be jailed no quesions asked if you snuck over to their contry.
If you do manage to naturalize into their country,You wont get a job,you wont get any rights or benifits beause you werent born there.

Now tell me
WHY THE f**k SHOULD WE GIVE THEM SHIT,IF ITS THE DOUBLE STANDARD OVER THERE.

Is that just word of mouth? Or do you have an actual legit source? Don't mind if it's in Spanish either, preferably from Mexican government.

Please source your claim :)

*Elba*
post Jul 7 2007, 03:12 AM
Post #45

There's no way we're going to close our borders.

Also, I would like to see where it says that:

*Mercy*
post Jul 7 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #46

QUOTE(Tamacracker @ Jul 7 2007, 06:02 AM) *
Is that just word of mouth? Or do you have an actual legit source? Don't mind if it's in Spanish either, preferably from Mexican government.

Please source your claim :)

Does my father who works in law enforcement down there count enough to you or no?

And Please dont double post Tamacracker.God made the Edit button.

Here let me explain that a little bit better.
In mexico they have strict imigration policys about people commming in.US Murderers can enter the contry and be protected because bounty hunting in illegal."Dog the bounty hunter" is in deep shit with the country right now because of it.

Now if you were ever to become an "Ex-Patriot" down there.You would have very little benefits,Because most of them like the health care and welfare system are really only available to natural born citizens.Not to mention the federallies love to f**k with Ex-patriots down there,Especialy in heavy tourist areas like Cancun.

*Mercy*
post Jul 7 2007, 09:33 AM
Post #47

I also agree with a point made about Spanish earlier in this thread. When I was choosing a language to take in middle school, I wanted to choose French because I think it's a beautiful language. I was bombarded by everyone telling me how I was going to need to know Spanish, and I would be stupid not to take it. Basically, it kind of pissed me off and I ended up taking French. Until America's official languages are English and Spanish, it shouldn't be necessary to learn Spanish. If I went to France or Italy or Germany, I would try to learn their language. I don't know, I don't think we should just let them stay here. I know there is no way of sending them all back, but if they want to live like an American citizen they should pay taxes like one.

And then its people like arnold (iamnotspellinghislastname) who get called out as being an a-hole for saying the truth "Turn off the spanish TV".I should have to be forced to speak spanish just because of a bunch of people decided to come up here.Again I still have yet to owe you nothing.

*steve330*
post Jul 7 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #48

QUOTE(31miracles @ Jul 6 2007, 09:40 PM) *
wow dude, you're ignorant

you make it sound like only illegal immigrants "have babies when they can't f**king afford to have them"... my ass, every race faces that problem. I bet your mother sleeps around too, ah yes Steve that is why her belly got big and she needed an abortion. I can say that about almost everything you mentioned, haha my teacher even got fired for dogding taxes. I agree that illegal immigrants abuse medical systems, dodge taxes more, but they are still in poverty, doing anything to gain money. It's human nature; lying/cheating/stealing. EVERYONE DOES IT. But I somewhat agree, this is a problem, not just for illegal immigrants, but everyone.

I would sure like to know where they "get jobs where they spend half the time sitting around a f**king tree." I want that job. You make it sound like illegal immigrants are lazy... well let me tell you this you ignorant faggot, most Chinese illegal immigrants work 7 days a week, the whole day, in Chinese resturants. Many of them have to work their asses for 20-25 years to repay debts to snakeheads (who smugle them into the US) who threaten to kill their family. Down in California, most crop picking jobs are beening taken by illegal immigrants will to work illegal for under minimum wage for long hours in the blazing sun. Compared to these people we are are "LAZY".

"Also why the hell don't they work on bettering their own damn country?" haha, you really can't see clearly, easier said than done... China for example has a terrible government. Yea, work on improving... IMPOSSIBLE. Seriously, think things out before you type.

Burning the American flag... haha I don't know why, Maybe it's because they hate America and Americans, because people like you are so f**king racist towards them.

Serious Steve? why do you have to swear so much and attack people with your language. This is the third time you did this to me. Atleast this time you didn't call me a "f**king retard". This is an online forum... chill out please. Go dye the rest of your head red, you "f**king retard".

Sorry everyone else for my offensive post, but I hate this kid.

Oh I'm very chill my friend.

Also I'm not talking about the Chinese. I have respect for the Asians. They're very hard workers.

As to the being lazy, if you lived down in Texas you might see them sitting around trees all the time. I know I do.

For instance. I saw this group of Hispanics working on a site across from a site I was working at, and they were to go bury a phone line that had came out of the ground. They got out there, dug up a little ditch for it which took about 30 minutes, then they found a shady spot by a fence and took a 2 hour break. After that they buried the phone line, then sat around for another 30 minutes. Sounds kinda lazy to me.

Also I said there was always the exception, which you might have overlooked. I know not every illegal Mexican immigrant is this way, but I feel it's pretty safe to generalize this, well, in Texas at least.

As to the comment about my mother needing an abortion, way to make yourself look ignorant. You see, my mother worked her way through college and got a job before she even considered having kids. Now there's me and I have two younger brothers and we live just fine because both my parents did the smart thing and found a steady income before they had us. GG.

If they hate Americans so much why do they come over here? After all, this is America.

I know all the cussing was probably unnecessary, so I apologize for that as in hindsight I do agree that it made my post a little bit trashy, I was just in the heat of the moment, you should understand that :)

I didn't call you a f**king retard this time because I am interested to hear your point of view. I do apologize for typing irrationally on an online forum. Continue please :)

illriginal
post Jul 7 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(Mercy @ Jul 7 2007, 10:11 AM) *
Does my father who works in law enforcement down there count enough to you or no?
And Please dont double post Tamacracker.God made the Edit button.
Here let me explain that a little bit better.
In mexico they have strict imigration policys about people commming in.US Murderers can enter the contry and be protected because bounty hunting in illegal."Dog the bounty hunter" is in deep shit with the country right now because of it.

Naaah... not good enough. I need actual documentation. Ask your dad where online can you look up the info he's providing you with.

And sorry about the double post... I don't have the privilege to delete my own posts.

*Flair*
post Jul 7 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #50

QUOTE(kimmytree @ Jul 6 2007, 03:14 AM) *
^ But we're talking Mexico here, not freaking AFRICA.

You might want to calm down, don't you think?

God made the Edit button.

No, he didn't.

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: