Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
the government is behind things, lol my friend thinks so
do you think that the government is behind actions that we do?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
imafreakinazn
post Aug 15 2004, 11:49 PM
Post #1

My name is Jason, not imafreakinazn D:

Group: Member
Member No: 18,432

lol. i juss wanted to know. my friend thinks that the government is like evil or something and wants to rule us like a tyrant or something. it's actually kinda funny

xjjajeengx
post Aug 15 2004, 11:58 PM
Post #2

advanced newbie... S2

Member No: 752

moving to debate. blink.gif

acidbreeze
post Aug 16 2004, 12:04 AM
Post #3

chri$

Member No: 29,284

yeah, they're hiding tons of info from us too ph34r.gif

LaRevolucion
post Aug 16 2004, 01:10 AM
Post #4

Member No: 21,524

Yes...hiding everything...the government is eeeeeviiiil!! devil.gif

MeanBastard
post Aug 16 2004, 01:20 AM
Post #5

You guys are dumb.

Member No: 25,094

Yeah, the government is the reason I'm typing this up. Uhhhhhhh huh.

inlonelinessidie
post Aug 16 2004, 01:52 AM
Post #6

BANNED

Member No: 14,387

I believe that the government does hide things for it's people. But then again it might just be because I'm a huge X-Files freak. *cues X-Files' theme song*

*CrackedRearView*
post Aug 16 2004, 06:31 AM
Post #7

Well that's been the case in every government for thousands of years -- a fact of life that cannot be changed, and shouldn't, for that matter.

ComradeRed
post Aug 16 2004, 08:33 AM
Post #8

Dark Lord of McCandless

Member No: 16,761

Of course the government is tyrannical. Since 1933, we have lived under a state of martial law (where the normal Constitutional process is rendered inoperative). There is much documentation on this, including a report put out by the US Senate http://www.freedomsite.net/93-549.htm which basically states that the government acts without regard to the normal Constitutional process and is therefore tyrannical and an instance of arbitrary power.

The government forces you to give them 47% of your income, making it the world's biggest bank robber, and and its regulations (especially the FDA and DEA) are estimated to lead to over two hundred thousand deaths a year. Secret police organizations like the FBI and the DEA basically have a license to kill without penalty (and where they did kill innocent people, such as at WACO and Ruby Ridge), the agents involved were actually promoted. The government routinely throws people in jail without telling them what they did wrong (which is the same as if I were to kidnap you and keep you in my basement).

Assassinations against non-violent Americna citizens such as Gordon Kahl, George Hansen, John Brian Burke, Donald Scott, and more are routine and well-documented. The government creates paramilitary units to smuggle drugs and kill people that get in their way. When oen of those paramilitaries became a whistleblower, he was put in jail. When released, he testified about the insanity of the drug war: http://www.druggingamerica.com/Tatum_chronicles.html

We put 0.7% of our population in jail -- more than any other country. 2/3 of hte people in jail HAVE NEVER COMMITTED A VIOLENT ACT, and are there because they decided to exersize various rights accorded to them in our Constitution, especially in the First, Second, Fifth, and Ninth Amendments (which has been suspended for 70 years). We've burned down a church, killing over 80 people, mostly women and children, because there were guns there. Hello! The right to have guns is IN THE LAW -- not that anyone follows it any more.

imafreakinazn
post Aug 16 2004, 11:55 AM
Post #9

My name is Jason, not imafreakinazn D:

Member No: 18,432

.....whoa. i didn't know you people would take this that seriously. ::blink blink::

inlonelinessidie
post Aug 16 2004, 01:26 PM
Post #10

BANNED

^^

Why wouldn't we?

angel-roh
post Aug 17 2004, 11:04 PM
Post #11

i'm susan

Group: Official Member
Member No: 5,029

why do u think they are evil...what makes u think that? mellow.gif

Mini
post Aug 17 2004, 11:58 PM
Post #12

im' edible

Member No: 23,022

The government hides stuff, so true.

sikdragon
post Aug 18 2004, 09:47 AM
Post #13

Bardic Nation

Member No: 38,059

have u ever seen we are in the army now, or whatever that pauly shore movie is. There are some things we should not know. The majority of americans arent that smart it is sad but true. and even if the government is stealing our money, we still all have great lives. the government doesnt make us do anything. the real evil behind the mass enslavement of americans is MTV<--ruined our ability of sticking it ot he man.

ComradeRed
post Aug 18 2004, 12:59 PM
Post #14

Dark Lord of McCandless

The government DOES make you do a lot of things: Pay taxes, join the army during war, get a permit to work on your house, get permission to get a job, etc. We have great lives -- but they would be so much better if we had more freedom, and twice as much money. I think In The Army Now is funny as hell, but it's a comedy, and what does that have to do with the topic?

sikdragon
post Aug 18 2004, 01:01 PM
Post #15

Bardic Nation

in the army now was explaining why some things should be kept from the media, like that airstrike.

ComradeRed
post Aug 18 2004, 01:27 PM
Post #16

Dark Lord of McCandless

Oh that scene, haha, but if they didn't know about it, the people in the prison would've died, so they wouldn't have been able to blow up the SCUD launcher later on. The Libyan guy said AFTER you launch an airstrike at us, we will hit your base with chemical missiles ... Even if he didn't know about it, he would've still did the same thing, don't you think? That scene proves that you should tell the media things -- because if they didn't, then that means that we would've attacked first secrelty ... making us look like the aggressor. REALLY bad for PR.

sikdragon
post Aug 18 2004, 01:30 PM
Post #17

Bardic Nation

well i meant like the details, they couldve said it was a tank attack.

ComradeRed
post Aug 18 2004, 01:40 PM
Post #18

Dark Lord of McCandless

Um... would that have made a difference? "We're under attack, launch teh missiles!" Either way, America is the aggressor in that movie. It wash te government's fault for attacking first in the first place. Had we not attacked, we wouldn't have had to deal with a missile launch.

sikdragon
post Aug 18 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #19

Bardic Nation

lol but the missile would have been destroyed i mean did you see how slow the launch prep was? and we dont know how many diplomatic sanctions took place before the attack, therefore our assumption is unfounded.

ComradeRed
post Aug 18 2004, 03:33 PM
Post #20

Dark Lord of McCandless

No the assumption is very well founded. The Libyan general says "The war starts tomorrow ... you will attack us."

The launch prep was like 5 minutes, which is really really good ... compared to how long it takes to prep a SCUD in real life. They couldn't bomb it in time, so the guy killed it with a rocket launcher.

inlonelinessidie
post Aug 18 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #21

BANNED

LOL, first thing that comes to my mind in this topic is Area 51.

*kryogenix*
post Aug 26 2004, 10:25 AM
Post #22

QUOTE(ComradeRed @ Aug 18 2004, 12:59 PM)
The government DOES make you do a lot of things: Pay taxes, join the army during war, get a permit to work on your house, get permission to get a job, etc. We have great lives -- but they would be so much better if we had more freedom, and twice as much money. I think In The Army Now is funny as hell, but it's a comedy, and what does that have to do with the topic?

You're kinda asking for anarchy here. You know the tax money goes back to the people. You know that there are reasons behind permits (you wouldn't want 4 year olds driving cars).

gerundio
post Aug 26 2004, 10:29 AM
Post #23

Member No: 42,793

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Aug 26 2004, 10:25 AM)
You're kinda asking for anarchy here. You know the tax money goes back to the people. You know that there are reasons behind permits (you wouldn't want 4 year olds driving cars).

i think he means permits in order modify your house.

ComradeRed
post Aug 26 2004, 01:43 PM
Post #24

Dark Lord of McCandless

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Aug 26 2004, 10:25 AM)

Nope. I'm asking for the furthest thing away from anarchy possible -- a Constitutional, limited government.

If a government imposes direct taxes to fund things that are against the Constitution (which is most of what it does -- please find social security, welfare, etc. in the Constitution, while the Tenth Amendment clearly says things that the COnstitution doesn't explicity mention go to the States) is a form of unlawful government, which is actually bordering on anarchy.

In addition, permits ought only to apply TO PUBLIC SPACE -- i.e., you need a permit to drive on a state-owned road (which is most of the roads). However, you should NOT need a permit to do things to your own property -- like you should not need a permit to build a house on your own land, or fix your house, etc.

Anarchy is lawlessness. The government acts lawless when it goes outside the bounds of the Constitution in order to do things.

Retrogressive
post Aug 26 2004, 04:44 PM
Post #25

Don't wake ghostie.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 2,405

The First thing to come to my mind is Orwell's 1984... it will eventually happen.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: