Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 Reasons NOT To Join The Military, Tiem to argue
Rating 3 V
Claudel
post Mar 19 2009, 04:31 AM
Post #126

WarPath Leader.

Group: Member
Member No: 216,721

alot of chicken shlts around here
shooting a fullround from an AK beats 2h of sex.

fameONE
post Mar 19 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #127

^_^

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 91,466

QUOTE(Claudel @ Mar 19 2009, 04:31 AM) *

Huh? mellow.gif

Stuckie
post Mar 19 2009, 07:41 AM
Post #128

Ummm... I can't think of anything creative to put here

Group: Human
Member No: 118,965

QUOTE(Claudel @ Mar 19 2009, 03:31 AM) *

I'd have to disagree huh.gif

illriginal
post Mar 19 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #129

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

Seriously though, you shouldn't join the military because homosexuals join too. And if it's against the law to cut their heads off, then it's as bad as being forced fed bloody swine.

Uronacid
post Mar 19 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #130

Member No: 555,438

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

The military is necessary, and I salute each and every person who joins and serves for our country. They're the base of our country, and it's unfortunate to see that so many American citizens do not understand this.

mipadi
post Mar 19 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #131

Group: Administrator
Member No: 639,265

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Mar 19 2009, 05:45 PM) *
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

The military is necessary, and I salute each and every person who joins and serves for our country. They're the base of our country, and it's unfortunate to see that so many American citizens do not understand this.

That's a nice quote, but it has little to do with the military; in fact, in the context of Jefferson's quote, the military would probably play the part of the tyrants. Jefferson was asserting his view that, from time to time, citizens have to rise up and overthrow the government, if the government is not acting in favor of the people. Here's the entire quote:
God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

Since a unilateral attack on a sovereign nation really had little to do with protecting the liberties of Americans and freeing them from the oppression of the government, and since the military is normally working in concert with the government and not against it, the quote has little bearing here.

Joss-eh-lime
post Mar 19 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #132

tell me more.

Member No: 35,640

Reasons not to go to the military:

this army man came to my class to "recruit" us but did a horrible ass job. He told us how he and his fellow soldiers get drunk together when they aren't working, and how they put themselves before young children.
He also bragged about being lazy while in iraq and afghanistan.

of course, this is just one man and there are many others in the military...

Uronacid
post Mar 19 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #133

QUOTE(mipadi @ Mar 19 2009, 06:28 PM) *
That's a nice quote, but it has little to do with the military; in fact, in the context of Jefferson's quote, the military would probably play the part of the tyrants. Jefferson was asserting his view that, from time to time, citizens have to rise up and overthrow the government, if the government is not acting in favor of the people. Here's the entire quote:

Since a unilateral attack on a sovereign nation really had little to do with protecting the liberties of Americans and freeing them from the oppression of the government, and since the military is normally working in concert with the government and not against it, the quote has little bearing here.

It's true. You win, however I'm still in favor of having a military. History told me we needed one. ;)

illriginal
post Mar 19 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #134

Member No: 455,274

QUOTE(mipadi @ Mar 19 2009, 06:28 PM) *
That's a nice quote, but it has little to do with the military; in fact, in the context of Jefferson's quote, the military would probably play the part of the tyrants. Jefferson was asserting his view that, from time to time, citizens have to rise up and overthrow the government, if the government is not acting in favor of the people.

QFT!

And I strongly feel that the revolution is long awaited... we need one. f*ck the U.S. Government and all the lobbyist.

Everyone look up Blackwater. A private contract mercenary organization that was used not only in Iraq to brutally kill innocent civilians but also brutally attack American civilians in Louisiana who were supposedly, "hostile".

fameONE
post Mar 19 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #135

^_^

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 91,466

QUOTE(Joss-eh-lime @ Mar 19 2009, 05:55 PM) *

this army man came to my class to "recruit" us but did a horrible ass job. He told us how he and his fellow soldiers get drunk together when they aren't working, and how they put themselves before young children.

Fail. He failed.

A recruiter, regardless of branch, needs to be a prime example of what his branch of service represents. Recruiter school in the Marine Corps is a multi-million dollar school and the screening process to become one is pretty rigorous. He was a poor example of a military serviceman.

Uronacid
post Mar 20 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #136

QUOTE(WarMachine @ Mar 19 2009, 11:01 PM) *
Fail. He failed.

A recruiter, regardless of branch, needs to be a prime example of what his branch of service represents. Recruiter school in the Marine Corps is a multi-million dollar school and the screening process to become one is pretty rigorous. He was a poor example of a military serviceman.

Agreed

Stuckie
post Mar 20 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #137

Ummm... I can't think of anything creative to put here

Group: Human
Member No: 118,965

QUOTE(Joss-eh-lime @ Mar 19 2009, 04:55 PM) *

Unfortunately, what he said is true. There is less fighting in Iraq. Im in the office at least 12 hours a day, watching movies, playing games, or surfing the net. I leave the wire once a week.

shoryuken
post Mar 23 2009, 08:47 AM
Post #138

Member No: 585,858

QUOTE(illmortal @ Mar 19 2009, 05:32 PM) *
Seriously though, you shouldn't join the military because homosexuals join too. And if it's against the law to cut their heads off, then it's as bad as being forced fed bloody swine.

WTF... HAHAHAHAH loool.gif loool.gif

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: