2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
cB Forums Mobile?, for cellphone/ smart phone users
*mishyerr*
post Apr 7 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #1

So, many times when I'm bored, I pull out my Blackberry and surf the net (like I am currently doing). I think a mobile phone friendly cB would be very awesome! Is there anyway we can do that?

Gypsy Eyes
post Apr 7 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #2

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 4,051

Yeah this would be great. How could it be done though?

*incoherent*
post Apr 7 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #3

i thought about it once, but didn't know if it was possible seeing as the forums aren't made by jusun.

phoenixpyre
post Apr 7 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #4

Group: Member
Member No: 425,250

just have a wap version of the site

http://www.w3schools.com/wap/wap_intro.asp

it's simple

*WHIMSICAL 0NE*
post Apr 7 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #5

I have a regular crappy, old phone and the boards somewhat show up. Everything's scrunched together. I've never logged in or anything on my phone, but I've tried it out to see what it looks like. I guess if you're really addicted to the forums whistling.gif

*Monochrome.*
post Apr 8 2007, 04:19 AM
Post #6

Is it expencive?

*disco infiltrator*
post Apr 8 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #7

I'm not really sure how sites can make mobile-friendly versions and how the phone would recognize enough to redirect to the mobile-friendly versions, but if anyone can propose a method, I would be all for it.

*mishyerr*
post Apr 8 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #8

Many websites have mobile friendly sites. Facebook, Google, BlackberryForums, etc. I'm not sure how they work, lol.

Whoever is in charge of forums here and would like to pursue this idea should probably check out the site mentioned above somewhere: http://www.w3schools.com/wap/wap_intro.asp

If this does happen, I'm excited :)

HakunaMatata
post Apr 8 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #9

Home is where your rump rests!

Member No: 451,969

QUOTE(mishyerr @ Apr 8 2007, 12:34 PM) *
Many websites have mobile friendly sites. Facebook, Google, BlackberryForums, etc. I'm not sure how they work, lol.

Whoever is in charge of forums here and would like to pursue this idea should probably check out the site mentioned above somewhere: http://www.w3schools.com/wap/wap_intro.asp

If this does happen, I'm excited :)
I'm sure Ju-sun will take a look at this and let you know if it's possible. _smile.gif

However, I'd like to point out that the sites that you'vel listed are extremely popular. And, as large as a forum cB is, I'm assuming that sites have to be humungous to be mobile-friendly.

*mishyerr*
post Apr 8 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(kayceeisms @ Apr 8 2007, 2:40 PM) *
I'm sure Ju-sun will take a look at this and let you know if it's possible. _smile.gif

However, I'd like to point out that the sites that you'vel listed are extremely popular. And, as large as a forum cB is, I'm assuming that sites have to be humungous to be mobile-friendly.

Actually... I think BlackberryForums is much less popular than cB!

HakunaMatata
post Apr 8 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #11

Home is where your rump rests!

Member No: 451,969

Well, I'm sure there's a reason that BlackberryForums can be accessed via a Blackberry, regardless of popularity. tongue.gif

And I guess Ishould put up my disclaimer now, but here it is: I know very little about mobivle interent access. So everyhing I'msaying about the subject is something I'm either assuming or being a total ignoramus about. _smile.gif

*mishyerr*
post Apr 8 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #12

ACTUALLY, the cB Lo-Fi version might be a great starter layout for a mobile friendly site :]

I am going to check it out right now.

*a few mins later*

It actually looks very good on my Blackberry. There are definitely a few things that could be added, like who the last post was by, etc. But it's more mobile friendly for sure.

Er... Edit. I just realized you have to use the regular forums to reply x_x

*My Cinderella.*
post Apr 11 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #13

This would be such a great idea. I can't help but think that it would be similar to the text version, though.

*mishyerr*
post Apr 11 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(My Cinderella. @ Apr 11 2007, 10:16 PM) *
This would be such a great idea. I can't help but think that it would be similar to the text version, though.

Yes, which is why it would be easy to make. It would just need a little more 'complicated things ' or whatever you call it. Like the ability to add replies (haha) and see who posted last.

lostgrl16
post Apr 12 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #15

Group: Member
Member No: 48,806

i have a blackberry too and i randomly pull it out to check the forums. i think this would be a great idea.

iDecay
post Apr 15 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #16

Pocketful of Sunshine

Member No: 289,004

Good idea. I guess it would be nice. I just.. won't be able to use it. ermm.gif

*MyMichelle*
post May 18 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #17

Bump. Pleeease work on this! 'Cause I'm on my phone right now. Haha. Perhaps it could come along with cb4?!?!?

*AngelicEyz00*
post May 18 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #18

I used to use cB on my cell phone. I just changed my board settings to not display avatars, signatures, or images.

clarity
post May 18 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #19

vengeance.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 437,024

I have an enV, and well when I check the forums I can't view topics because theres wayyyy to much content.

CB friendly forums would be nice. rolleyes.gif

tokyo-rose
post May 19 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #20

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

Wow, like Facebook Mobile. blink.gif

I dunno, if there are any hardcore cB lovers who wanted to post on it from their phones, it'd be cool. But I wouldn't be affected much either way since I don't use my phone for Internet access.

*IVIike*
post May 19 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #21

i was just thinking about this the other day. I think it would be really cool since i get really bored on my way home from scool.

*Intercourse.*
post May 20 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #22

although createblog works just fine on my phone I think it would be nice to have one anyway that will work on most.

clarity
post May 20 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #23

vengeance.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 437,024

^ On my phone it actually looks very weird. And of course, the css doesn't work on my phone or maybe all phones in general I don't know either way it's rather... well er... ugly.

*MyMichelle*
post May 21 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #24

I use the Lo-Fi version, but I still have to revert back to the normal if I want to respond or anything. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME OUT WITH CB MOBILE! T_T Mayhaps it can be the new project after CB4 is complete?

*kryogenix*
post May 21 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #25

Yeah, this is a great idea so more people can have an opportunity to read my posts.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: