Blending Using Layer Masks
Click on thumbnailed images to enlarge
2. Now, you've got all your layers, set them out as if you were blending them (overlap them). Now, pick maybe the 2nd layer to work on.. Picked? Good, lets move on.
3. Click on the top layer (3rd image?) and you see the little eye, click that so you can't see that layer anymore. Now go back to your 2nd layer.
4. Go to your layers palette, and at the bottom you should see this click on that, then click on the thumbnail that appears on your 2nd layer.
5. Get your Brush tool (the soft rounded 1, set it to 100 opacity) Erase any uneeded areas (make sure in the colour is black in your toolbar)
6. Erased too much? not to worry, lower the brush opacity and switch the brush colour to white. Now go back over the outside of the image (see it's still there).
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for your other layers, remember to make that 1st layer visible again ;).
Example of an image i did:
Showing latest 10 of 16 comments
[img]http://img238.imageshack. us/img238/9328/layermaskqi4.pn g[/img] what exactly is that tool called? the version of photoshop that i have doesn't have this button at the bottom of the layers pallet, so i was going to see if my version of photoshop has that tool at all.
i NEED MORE
i WANT TO PUT
SOME PiCTURES iNSiDE
THA BANNER i MADE
&THA TRANSPERANT PiCS
WOULD BE PERFECT
i love this tutorial.
i'm just not sure how it works.
so blur. >
no scratch that alot confusing!!
i dont get it..
plzz more detail.
cool tutorial. i love the example. mine turned out retarded though(x
It's good but not detailed enough, needs more steps to be clear.
this is so confusing i try so many time it doesnt work.
this is so confusing i try it and it doesnt work
i think its a great tutorial and everything, but i think you need way more detail because i got easily lost from trying to do it.
Take it into consideration please because i would really like to learn how to do this =]