First steps to Icon-ing
Click on thumbnailed images to enlarge
2. Duplicate your base, and set it to screen:
3. Create new layer, fill it in with #FFF3E0 and set it to Multiply
4. Create another new layer, fil it in with #DCF9FE and set it to Color Burn
5. Create your final color layer, fill it in with #160F26 and set it to Exclusion
6. Finally, duplicate your base, and drag it up to the top. Desaturate it, and set it to Soft Light @ 70%
Steps 3-5 are often the first layers in most icons. Try those layers out, and then add onto it, and you're bound to get a good icon :D
Showing latest 10 of 13 comments
awesome, thanks! (:
nice tutorial =]
OMG JENSEN ACKLES
Thanks! really good tutorial! ^_^
this is such a good tutorial! thank you alotttt !!
that was a good tuteasy to understand nice
Ive Got GIMP And The Directions Deosnt Work For It Either Becuase There Isnt Any Of The Words In The Programme Such As 'Multiply' And Watever..I Was Woundering Wether You Can Tell Me The Directions To Iconing For GIMPPlease..-x-
Very nice tutorial Sherlock. I love the simple colouring.
thanks for the tip
^ Of course, you need photoshop/psp/gimp/etc.They're just blend modes for layers.