Text Behind a Person
Click on thumbnailed images to enlarge
Note: I use Photoshop CS, but I'm sure this is translateable to any other program. It's quite simple.
K, first, we need to grab a picture. I've chosen this one, of Hugh Jackman (AKA Wolverine)
1. I open up the picture in Photoshop and shrink it's size so it's more....manageable. So, Image >>Image Size and use these settings:
It's just more manageable for me. It's completely optional. Moving on.
2. Type your text. I have used Carnivale Freakshow as my font, which can be downloaded at www.dafont.com, the size is at 105 and it's white.
3. Now, this is the easy part. Right click on the layer on the layers pallette, and choose "Rasterize Layer", which takes it's font-ness away from it and now it's just shapes.
4. Lower the text/shape layer to like 30%. Now you can see through the text.
5. Grab your eraser and just erase the parts of the words that are over Hugh. I have chosen a 27pt Hard edged eraser for the job. Just keep erasing. You may want to zoom in to see the text better, and you can do that by going Window >> Zoom In (or hold cntrl and the + sign).
6. Now, zoom out and then raise the opacity of the shape layer back up to 100 and voila! You've got text behind your person/shape/thing.
After sharpening the image once, cropping it and then adding some borders.
Showing latest 10 of 23 comments
pft, thank youuuuuuu!
this really helped!
thank you so much! you rock!
mszdasani - maybe your picture is too big. hm? are you trying it with photos? perhaps, size down the picture. mkay?
thats pretty fucking sick.
okay, idk why, but the majority of the time when i go to type in something the text is REALLY small. and it'll be on font size 72. help?
love it! thanks :]
there are much more effective ways, and this is simple to find out on your own.
oh and the 3rd step doesnt work with PSP i just did 1,2, 5, 6
it's extremely easy to understand