Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absolute Boyfriend
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Anime
Pages: 1, 2
parallel
Um. I searched. Found no topic like this. Hopefully there isn't though.

OH YES. New series by Yuu Watase. [She's the best. You know it.]
Anyway. I'm really looking forward to reading her new manga coming out.
It's called Absolute Boyfriend and I got to read the first chapter and it's actually pretty funny.

Anywho. Have any of you read up on this series?
yellowgurl
I heard of it from a friend but I didnt exactly read it.
parallel
^I see. mellow.gif

Well. I actually should've said this in my first post. But whatever.

Do any of you know when it's coming out? etc..?
kayiiem
whats absolute boyfriend? i'm guessing its something about like a perfect boyfriend? heh .. i could be wrong.
parallel
Here. I'll post a picture.
[=

spreadyour_xwings
i read the first chapter from shojo beat, but idk when its coming out..but its real good. the next chapter is in the next issue. i agree yuu watase is the best! biggrin.gif
parallel
^HAHA. Me too. !!
I like the part when she has the random flashback of her and her dad in the tub.
[Eh.]
xenosaga
QUOTE(bRoKeNxALoNE @ Jul 5 2005, 9:00 AM)
Here. I'll post a picture.
[=

wow, the drawings/art looks so kawai! But to relate to this topic, I've never heard/seen this, but I'm looking foward to read it
enyceXaddiction
heard of it form ym sister shes anime FREAKK. but never got the chance to acctally take a look at it
parallel
^I only got to read the first chapter and I liked it.
It's going to be good. And that's a fact. l0l.
It seems like there's a lot of humor in it too.
:D
pshaa.shauna
Ive never heard of it, but I'll probally look into it, it looks cool!
blckmgc05
QUOTE(spreadyour_xwings @ Jul 6 2005, 12:51 PM)
i read the first chapter from shojo beat, but idk when its coming out..but its real good. the next chapter is in the next issue. i agree yuu watase is the best! biggrin.gif

I agree too!!! I have her Imadoki, Ayashi No Ceres, and Alice 19th. ::nods head:: I can not series wait until it actually comes out as a manga (Absolute Boyfriend). I also read it in Shojo Beat and I'm glad we actually get it now! There is another one that I read in Shojo Beat that I want, I believe it's called ::goes to check:: Nana. That also looked interesting.
parallel
^Yah. I really liked that one.
It seemed kinda realistic.
smrkangl
I agree, Yuu Watase is the best maga artist! I can't wait till it comes out - or did it come out already??
buddha_the_god
It's a good manga, I read up to volume 4. I like the fact that he's nakes a lot XD I bought them whilst in Singapore, but I saw now that you can buy them online as well from Chuang Yi translations:

http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/english/sud_pages/ab/aboys.htm
MonkeySmiles
i love this series so far! i don't know when it's coming out though. i just bought shojo beat and stuff. >.<
Atobe_Keigo
Ahahahah! I decided to read that manga because of the guy on the cover! I didn't like the girl....*growls*
parallel
^L0L.

QUOTE(monkey_smiles @ Aug 10 2005, 11:08 PM)
i love this series so far! i don't know when it's coming out though. i just bought shojo beat and stuff. >.<

Holy crap, me too.
wacko.gif
HelplessCry
wow this thred is deead. BUT um i guess ill pring it back to life. I LOVE IT SO FAR! shojo beat is amazingly awesome to bad i live in canada and i can't subscribe cause my parents wont let me...AHH i hate it i wish i had a job x[
rinchan089
Yuu Watase is awesome! I'll definately check Absolute Boyfriend out when it's released lol

Rin-chan
torngemini
Yuu Watase is pretty awesome!! I've never heard of this yet but it sounds pretty interesting! is there any place where I can take a peek at this new manga?
Aoiro
Saw a little sample of it.
Absolutely love the storyline.
Sadly, we don't have it yet.
But soon enough, when it comes,
Friends shall spazz.
And get me annoyed.
>>
kuruka
omg i wuv Absolute Boyfriend!!! I subscribe to Shojo Beat so i get it every week
(if i dont, i cant get it... it sucks sometimes to be in canada) cry.gif
ya neway yu watase does a really good job with this manga. but i find the art wierd 'cuz i recently finished the fushigi series and there is a major difference between the art happy.gif
imhyper
Wowzerz! I read it from shojo beat too!. Im on the part when she has to pay a million yen to buy-forgot his name- that "doll"(a very kyute doll)indeed laugh.gif

oh yeah her neighbor is H-O-T!! and the cosplaying salesperson! sooo KOOKUI rolleyes.gif
Just_Dream
Isn't it called Zettai Kareshi or something in Japanese? Dunno.

I read it as scanlations, a little while before it got released. I finished most of it, then I couldn't find anything EXCEPT for the last chapter--it was pretty sad--had a few tears, but not that big a deal. :]

The boyfriend's name.. was it Night or Knight? His looks reminds me a lot of Yuuhi from Ayashi no Ceres...

And that neighbor of Riiko's... He's pretty hot too... His looks kinda reminds me of Tooya from Ayashi no Ceres.
HelplessCry
ugh this topic has been dead for a few months...*REVIVE!

i wsa wondering by any chance does anyone know a site where i can see these scannalations. im way to impatient to wait every month for a chapter to come to my doorstep haha.
Aoiro
I haven't found th series anywhere!
Except for Shojo Beat.
DX
islandgirl4eva
The series is going to be a published manga series, outside of ShojoBeat, if it isn't already. In any case, I love it and will continue to read it even after my SB subscription expires.
eccentricity
I like this series. It's cute. And so is Soushi. (:
islandgirl4eva
I don't know why, but I find the idea of a "droid" boyfriend to be kind of kinky. Especially since all he really is is a live sextoy.

The things one could do with him...dribble.gif
HelplessCry
lmao stop it Naomi!
but ohh the possibilities.... o_O;;; ehh
islandgirl4eva
Haha. See. I'm not the only one who's ecchi shifty.gif
Chojikai
I love it! It's one of my favorites...
I first read it in Shojo Beat, so I haven't read all of it, so I can't wait to buy the manga so I can read the first few chapters. It's such an original storyline.
HelplessCry
yeah the manga is comming out ins tores i think on the 6th. xD im so readyyy!!
yuu
hey ,

does someone know how I can contact yuu watase ? I mean does she has an email address ?
or an addres so I can send snail mail ? pls send me a PM
Aoiro
I finally bought it!
And a month late.
It's freaking hillaryous.
xD
Maoko-Chan
like teh O M G
i loooooove Absolute Boyfriend!
My friend and I are total junkies on the series
I can't waaait for #2 to come out!
Wow i'm so glad there's a subject on the manga here.
and yeah, Yuu Watase pwns the face of the earth. ♥
islandgirl4eva
The ending is so bittersweet! Ugh, I love Night Tenjou. He makes me want to have a cyborg boyfriend.
distortedMIND
I read it while I was roaming around Barnes and Nobles. It had me totally guessing who the girl would go with. For some reason, I'm glad that the ending happened as it did. whistling.gif

GO YUU WATASE!
<--- Fushigi Yuugi fan! w00t.
Paulina
Yuu Watase is a freaking genius. Although AB isn't anywhere near as good as FY I still like it.
I get it from Shojo Beat. Anyone else besides me notice that Watase always has love triangles??
Miaka, Tamahome, and Hotohori. (YAY FUSHIGI YUGI!!)Aya, Tooya, and Yuuhi. And now Rikku, Night, and Soshi.
notkaylaflores
unfortunately, ive never heard of it either, sounds good though, i guess ill have to look it up thumbsup.gif
distortedMIND
QUOTE(Lyra @ Apr 14 2006, 12:00 PM) *
Yuu Watase is a freaking genius. Although AB isn't anywhere near as good as FY I still like it.
I get it from Shojo Beat. Anyone else besides me notice that Watase always has love triangles??
Miaka, Tamahome, and Hotohori. (YAY FUSHIGI YUGI!!)Aya, Tooya, and Yuuhi. And now Rikku, Night, and Soshi.

I started noticing it recently. And did anyone ever notice she draws the 'hero' of her mangas/anime VERY similiarly? x_X
HelplessCry
yeah i noticed that... personally i dont like using the same features over and over again and just changing the hair. gets me really confused on who who's especially if the drawings are in black and white.
but people already know the ending!?
fly2the_sky
Could someone PLEASE tell me how the manga ends before I have a coronary?
I love Watase's work but she has a way of killing off the people I gush over (ex. Hotohori from Fushigi Yuugi ... Aki and Shuro from Ayashi no Ceres) ... I really can't take anymore!
*sniffle* Is Night going to be okay? sad.gif
Paulina
QUOTE(distortedMIND @ Apr 16 2006, 12:53 AM) *
I started noticing it recently. And did anyone ever notice she draws the 'hero' of her mangas/anime VERY similiarly? x_X

Yeah she does. But for some reason, I think Fushigi Yugi looks a little bit different than her other works. FY looks more distinguished to me for some reason.
I guess it's because it's been a while since she made FY. People's style do change over 10 years.
Tamahome still is the hottest though. biggrin.gif
animeluver342
well ummmm I know about the ending but I want to keep it a secret ^.^ its kinda sad for Night though that all I'm telling happy.gif
Paulina
Really?? Poor Night.
animeluver342
YUP T.T but I think its kinda good at the end for some of zee main characters (ok now more no more spoilers lol)
islandgirl4eva
Ack! No spoilers! Even though I've read the whole series, don't post any spoilers in here. PM them to the person directly, that way everyone can enjoy the whole series as it comes! happy.gif
animeluver342
QUOTE(islandgirl4eva @ Apr 17 2006, 5:38 PM) *
Ack! No spoilers! Even though I've read the whole series, don't post any spoilers in here. PM them to the person directly, that way everyone can enjoy the whole series as it comes! happy.gif

yesh wat she said ^.^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.