Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renaming "skins" to "layouts"
Forums > News and Announcements > Announcements
micron
Seems like a lot of Xangans are confusing our Xanga "skins" for the Xanga premium skins. As the "skins" found here are for the non-premium version, I felt it was appropriate to rename the term to "layouts" to avoid future confusion. Also, each layout page now has a link directly pointing to the webpage where the code should be copied and pasted (for new users, especially myspacers).

Look for a redesigned site and some new scripts section to come in the near future.
Azarel
First in. ;x Good to know, I was wondering about it.
KissMe2408
2nd in :)
lol sounds awesome. Changing it to layouts is a good idea.

"Look for a redesigned site and some new scripts section to come in the near future. "

^hehe exciting :)
lolita kitty
#3, lucky number!!!!!

good to know. now people wont be too cunfuzed ^_^

"Look for a redesigned site and some new scripts section to come in the near future."

^ yay!!! ^
xquizit
QUOTE(micron @ Jun 28 2005, 2:38 AM)
Also, each layout page now has a link directly pointing to the webpage where the code should be copied and pasted (for new users, especially myspacers).

Ah, nice add.

QUOTE(micron @ Jun 28 2005, 2:38 AM)
Look for a redesigned site and some new scripts section to come in the near future.

Oooh, how exciting.
Eryi
QUOTE(micron @ Jun 28 2005, 3:38 AM)

I'm looking forward to that. cool.gif
DrSMooTH
Looks like you're making good use of your emoticons, xquizit.

As for the layouts, that's great. Cutting down the confusion of "what goes where". Looking forward to the redesigned site, too biggrin.gif
Jorge
I like the term "layout" better than skin.

Skin sounds like, bleh.
miss barnes
^^^ yea i like layouts better also
heyyfrankie
nice job, jusun. thumbsup.gif

edit;; but...are you going to change the part on our profiles that says SKINS SUBMITTED to LAYOUTS submitted?
JlIaTMK
Hm, I have noticed that too.

Honestly, most of my friends call them layouts and not skins [which confuses them enough].
mocassinsx29
=) Smart thinking.
gelionie
This change is going to reduce confusion.
I look forward to the new stuff. _smile.gif
jordanriane
Hopefully the livejournal layout preview will be taken into consideration with the new modifications going around.

Whomever has access to the main createblog account used to create the skin previews, needs to remove all custom colors, and make sure all overrides are placed into the proper override box, because almost all of the overrides submitted and accepted here, have false previews because of this.
emazing
Yay, I will look forward to new script sections and a re-designed site. ;)
ChasingLife87
Cool, layout sounds less icky than skin tongue.gif

Are you going to change the top of every page where it says
createBlog.com
skins · scripts · tutorials · forums · topsite · submit!
demolished
yeah. layout is a better word than skin. woohoo !
[Deep]Thought63
good idea you got going there!
Hmm... New Designed Create Blog. Interesting.
Skins to Layouts... that fine, easily defined to new users.
It's good that each layout page has a link to where it should be applied, that way it's more convinent.

Looking foward to a more enhance create blog! biggrin.gif
miz_kura
oo spiffy [=
duplicatex0x0x0
Yes, that was a good call, I did think that at one time the myspace layouts where called myspace skins.. Maybe that was on another fourm. Heh. I don't know. I like the transition though; to change the names.
Masta_Shih
Good one, I've had too many people complain to me that their site is broken, only when they pasted it in the Skins box of premium Xanga. Thanks again!
shebang
YEP! I agree -- no more confusion!! Now when I refer my friends to createblog for xanga "layouts", they won't complain about complications and make ME DO IT! blink.gif biggrin.gif I hope the change comes soon, it would be a definite PRO!
YourSuperior
QUOTE(craziethao @ Jul 24 2005, 1:36 PM)
YEP! I agree -- no more confusion!! Now when I refer my friends to createblog for xanga "layouts", they won't complain about complications and make ME DO ITblink.gif  biggrin.gif I hope the change comes soon, it would be a definite PRO!

They have already done it. blink.gif
Angel_Cece
oo, nice clarifaction. c:
turbulent
no more confusion is always the best way to go lol
gj _smile.gif
lpxxfaintxx
in my opinion, a skin would be like this: Example

and a layout would be: Example

know what im sayin? a blog in an image is a skin...
back to school again... blog : skin :: body : skin

and an layout is just a layout of codes and stuff

i made no sense... but its hard to explain
heyyfrankie
^ those 2 things you posted up are virtually the same. and an ACTUAL XANGA SKIN is coded like this...
CODE
<xanga> <$Left_Module$> </xanga>
well, it's not exactly like that but you get the idea. so...we call them layouts, now. :wINKL:
capz12345
Layouts is much easier, Thanks for pointing that out
demolished
QUOTE(Frankie @ Sep 4 2005, 8:44 AM)
^ those 2 things you posted up are virtually the same. and an ACTUAL XANGA SKIN is coded like this...
CODE
<xanga> <$Left_Module$> </xanga>
well, it's not exactly like that but you get the idea. so...we call them layouts, now. :wINKL:

Yeah. They have too much "$" crap. I was confuse.
jonawfn
Cool, layout is a better word
Babi3xFoOlish
yup i agree toOs, its easier n better understanding. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.