Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Useful Sport
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Sports
Pages: 1, 2
Paradox of Life
Besides for fitness and fun, sports offer you qualities that you could apply to real life situations. Which do you think is the most useful of these sports? Please post what you had in mind if you checked other.
cocoalightning27
Gee I thought Karate would be most useful....swimming might be really good because it develops muscle and it's pretty fun....but I still go with karate...
Paradox of Life
Damn. I should've put martial arts. _dry.gif
~*~nihil curo~*~
I said swimming
heyyfrankie
oh i don't know. the only thing they all really do is give you strenth and muscle...so i guess martial arts. blink.gif
llamalam
da most basic, runnin
malsnave
hell, must be runnin...

keeps ur bodi in shape~
HongKongDong
Practicaly every sport is useful, depending on what your working on or want.
mipadi
Biathlon.

Imagine a nuclear holocaust. Much of the world is destroyed. Nuclear winter blocks out all the sun. What will you spend most of your time doing--skiing, because snow is everywhere; and hunting, which means you have to shoot animals. Ergo, biathlon is the most useful!

tongue.gif
KrunkMuzik
Running... which means most action sports, cuz almost all sports require running.
Chyn020
QUOTE(Funky Buddha @ Jun 11 2005, 7:23 PM)
Practicaly every sport is useful, depending on what your working on or want.

yeah i guess that is true. but id also have to agree with krunk_muzik becasue almost evry sport requires you to run, jog, stay fit.. etc etc.
im a track runner. so obviously im going to say running. whistling.gif biggrin.gif
Statistik
I think it's football because you have to think a lot..
emazing
Gee I thought Karate would be most useful....swimming might be really good because it develops muscle and it's pretty fun....but I still go with karate...

Yeah. Karate, baby. <3
Karate can be used in your attacker/attackers - My dad is going to teach me tae kwon do, because I'm easily paranoid. rolleyes.gif
HongKongDong
QUOTE(Jason61992 @ Jun 14 2005, 12:02 AM)
I think it's football because you have to think a lot..

Basketball requires more thinking then football...
medic
I'd have to say wrestling. Not the fake TV junk.
Teesa
I will say swimming. It's great exercise and will keep you very much in shape. And it's necessary for lots of things in real life..you never know when there can be an emergency in the water or something.
angelshortipnai
i picked swimming 'cause u pretty much use everything in your body
Azarel
Swimming - Y'know. Just in case you're ever in the ocean or something. mellow.gif
Martial arts - self defense.
DizBukHahNi
it depends on the martial art, not all is effective so you might be fooling youself. The best basic fighting art is Kickboxing, tae kwon do, and some elements of Karate. When looking for a martial art, do research for its pratical applications. I myself am a Brazlian Jui-jitsu practicioner.
CrackedRearView
Soccer? Hello?
paul murphy
Llama hunting.
Paradox of Life
^ You never learn. rolleyes.gif
anubis
swimming...

in case you end up on the titanic.
5ayuri
I chose swimming.
basick
swimming or running

both for the obvious reasons
illumineering
Escrima is a form of stick fighting that started in the Phillipines. It was created for the purpose of killing quickly and efficiently. It's the fighting used in the Rock's movie Rundown. Even though that is a Hollywood version of it, it's the only popular movie I can think of that has an example of it. Oops, I forgot, Hunted w/ Tommy Lee Jones shows it.

I think this is the most useful. I've seen guys disarm people with knives and handguns using only their hands. One of my friends is a Green Beret and trains soldiers in this type of fighting. After getting my coolio kicked for about an hour by him, he convinced me that this art was the most deadly. While other martial arts have good qualities too, the purpose of this one is to kill.
WHOngos144
obviously swimming
cookienmilkfornaps
football... just tackle your way through all the sh*t in your life
salcha
THe sports I play (tennis and swimming) are the most important. Swimming, in case you're stuck in water. Many people don't know how to swim, so it's great if you know how. Tennis for hand/eye coordination, and all about teamwork (if you have a doubles partner).
elmogurly
running, so you can run away when you're being hassled.. _smile.gif
jeung
moved to interests -> sports forum
Crich323
I would vote for a track or running sport.
Swimming would also be helpful.
EddieV
Any full contact fighting sport.
31miracles
Volleyball
teaches team unity
voguelove
id say either track, swimming or wrestling.

track- if someone is trying to get you..*ZIP!* you run away
swimming- if somehow..you end up in the middle of the ocean, you can swim and stay floating.
wrestling- if someone is trying to hurt you/kill you/ rape you/ whatever..you can wrestle them.
yoursweetsmile
i say tennis. you can play it for the rest of your life, like golf. and stay in great shape. plus you have to learn so many things to do it correctly like the pros. and the motions are used in so many daily things. and you have to learn to move efficiently and play the game smart.
~Faith~
swimming who wants to drown really? tongue.gif
technicolour
I'd say it'd either be Football (American football), Tennis, or swimming.

Football- Hand eye cordination! Something a lot of people are terrible at. Also, the extreme running = great physical shape. Also, you get to ram the crap out of people. Where else?

Tennis- Hand eye cordination.

Swimming- Drowning, hello? No one wants that.
marzipan
i'd say swimming. it would come in handy if you happened to be drowning. laugh.gif
skinnyminnie67
swimming! DUH. it could save your life!
towntown2
Swimming.
Helps when drowning.
danginja
Football because you have to work as a team to get things done. Office life is pretty much like football teamwork wise.
jaeman
Swimming, for airplane crashes.
austinoutloud
QUOTE(salcha @ Jul 18 2005, 07:44 PM) *
THe sports I play (tennis and swimming) are the most important. Swimming, in case you're stuck in water. Many people don't know how to swim, so it's great if you know how. Tennis for hand/eye coordination, and all about teamwork (if you have a doubles partner).

Wow. Amen to your whole post.
But yeah. Swimming is definitely the most useful to keep you in shape, because you use basically all of your muscles.
Relentless
Swimming because it will save your life. This whole world is practically made up of water, and if you don't know how to swim, you're pretty much screwed.

Also, you can stay in great shape.
iDecay
Swimming and running, I guess. But I voted tennis just because I felt sorry for my favorite sport. sad.gif
CowerPointyObjects
Marching band!

Fo serious.
yrrnotelekktric
QUOTE(cocoalightning27 @ Jun 7 2005, 12:13 PM) *

yeah, i`d have to agree with the karate.
LoveToMySilas
For a second I was about to say gymnastics...but thats just for showing off and flexibility. Probably wrestling or martial arts?
Reidar
There is no "best" martial art. The purpose of Escrima isn't about lethality any more than other...oh, forget it. Those are from three years ago.

Martial arts = arts of war (martial). All are with the purpose of inflicting harm onto another human being.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.