Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kikyou or Kagome?
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SarahxJoy
Hm, night as well get this one out of the way, since eventually there'll be a topic on this.
Who do you think is better? Kikyou or Kagome?

Personally, I'm all for Kikyou.
She for some reason is more appealing as a true anime character to me.
She's been through a lot and I think that people just misunderstand and underestimate her.
Don't get me wrong, I like Kagome too, but I just like Kikyou better. biggrin.gif

Your thoughts?
And please be mature in your replies.
I've seen topics on this subject get nasty. _dry.gif

And please don't leave a post saying, "Oh I don't watch anime so I don't know", or anything else that won't have any effect.
This is for people which actual inputs into the subject
weirdness
i think kikyou looks better than kagome ><
i hate inuyasha and i think it should die [heh.. immature comment pinch.gif ]
angel-roh
yeah kikyou is much better than kagome..

wait who is kikyou again? hehehe blush.gif

but i think Kagome is pretty too... I guess _unsure.gif
SarahxJoy
Kikyou is this lovely lady here:

happy.gif
demolished
yea, Kikyou shows more of an anime character. i'm not saiding Kagome sucks, shes pretty good too.
WhiteLotus*
Kikyo. She's more of the basic anime character, and she's gone through a lot. Kagome...I dunno. She gets on my nerves.
Wishful Thinking
QUOTE(WhiteLotus* @ Jan 29 2005, 2:39 AM)
Kikyo.  She's more of the basic anime character, and she's gone through a lot.  Kagome...I dunno.  She gets on my nerves.

ehh? same here.. T__T" i dunno why i just feel like Kagome is a cry-baby or something.. =/ she hasn't been through much.. x_x Kikyo has been through a lot, living a harsh life and all.. =/
RiNoAaNdSqUaLl09
i dont know. i guess i like them both. because sometimes kagome is nicer than kikyo. but it isnt kikyo's fault because she did get part of Kagome's hatred soul thing whatever you may call that.
cellardoor979
OK, first of all, all anime sucks, YOU NEED TO READ THE MANGA!!! I like both girls (I side with Kagome), but in the anime they made kagome ugly, and a cry baby and annoying, and they made kikyou evil, which, in truth I don't mind (I have some issues with that girl). KIKYOU IS DEAD, SHE NEEDS TO MOVE ON!!! Besides, she only wants inu to become human, and she is just drivin by the hate she has for him. rolleyes.gif
unrequited
i like both of them lol their personalities are very unique....and kagome is just cute lol though Kikyou is evil and cool...i like the bad people in anime and games XD But then again...yeah lol I still need to watch a lot of the episodes ^^
royalfreshness
...meh :3
Kagome ^^;;;;
SarahxJoy
QUOTE(cellardoor979 @ Jan 30 2005, 11:59 AM)
OK, first of all, all anime sucks, YOU NEED TO READ THE MANGA!!!  I like both girls (I side with Kagome), but in the anime they made kagome ugly, and a cry baby and annoying, and they made kikyou evil, which, in truth I don't mind (I have some issues with that girl).  KIKYOU IS DEAD, SHE NEEDS TO MOVE ON!!! Besides, she only wants inu to become human, and she is just drivin by the hate she has for him.  rolleyes.gif

Shut.
Up.

Thank you.
cellardoor979
I'm sorry, but I will not shut-up, you asked for it, asking the highly contraverstial question rolleyes.gif
Why do people always go for the technically "prettier" girls in anime?
Actually, I think Kagome is prettier in the manga
Misao
Bah. I despise Kagome. I love Kikyo. x)
tooeffingcrazy
Eeck. It's that ghost lady. I like Kagome.
rainnydaiis
Kikyou is better =P prettier and is way more deadlier =p
ItzOnlySydney
KIKYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like her character and voice better plus she is prettier than kagome lol.
islandgirl4eva
I hate Kikyou...she's f**king dead! I don't want Inuyasha hookin up with a dead chick...Kagome all the way!
demonslayeriy
muahahahha sango ^^

then kikyou then kagome cool.gif
Outloved
Kikyou all the way. =] I love Kikyou. Omg. Lol. Kagome ish just like a part of Kikyou. So yeah, Kikyou is way better.
panaginip13
Kagome ROCKS; Kikyou should go die. Oh wait, she's already dead. mellow.gif
Mizz_jackie
both. though kagome kinda gets on my nerves sometimes .. _dry.gif if i had to choose b/w the two, it would most likely be kikou. even though in the beginning, i used to dislike her. mellow.gif
rainnydaiis
Kagome is supposely the reincarnation of kikiyo is I remenber clearly.. Can someone check up on this for me?
Wishful_Dream
.......i like kagome. x.x"

i love her hair =x kikyo is dead man. she's D-E-A-D. I'd rather pick a live person over a dead person any day. >=(

Besides, Kagome goes better with Inuyasha. =) She likes him for WHO he is. Unlike Kikyo who only wants him to be human.. she even tried to drag him to hell with her. How cruel is that? >=(

Kikyo's BEYOND evil. I admit, Kagome's such a cry-baby, sad over stupid reasons.. but whatever. I still like her and nothing's gonna change that.

She's sweet in the show, nice and way better than Kikyo. She may not be as pretty, but I think she's cute in the manga.
Animelover113
I like them both, even though sometimes kagome can be a little annoying...... ermm.gif but, i'd rather stick with kagome for some reason.....i guess i like her better
kikyoudefender
QUOTE(islandgirl4eva @ Feb 17 2005, 1:06 AM)
I hate Kikyou...she's f**king dead! I don't want Inuyasha hookin up with a dead chick...Kagome all the way!

Hahaha!!! That's funny, because Inuyasha is dead to Kagome.

Kagome can be annoying but she has her qualities. I like both but I like Kikyou more.
cHuNsAbAbIe012
lol! in some ways kagome is like me with her annoyance n stuff so i understand how she feels with the stuff she gets sad over...i think kikyou is prettier n more mature but she accepts inuyasha for who he is. even tho he's all immature she tolerates that shit n doesnt push him to express himself cuz she already knows wat he's thinking. i dont know if i could tolerate my boyfriend if he was like inuyasha. i wouldnt even date him if i knew he was like that. lol!

i think kikyou does love him but she doesnt care about anything that inuyasha cares about. she knows fully well that he loves kagome but she wouldnt give a f**k wat happened to her even if it brought him to a deep state of depression. n plus she needs to move on. both her n inuyasha do. she should jsut leave inuyasha n kagome alone. n yea...she's dead. who would get with a dead person?

n yes kagome is the reincarnation of kikyou for sure.
kikyoudefender
Kikyou's isn't interrupting Kagome's and Inuyasha's relationship, if that's what you're saying. If she was, she would probably join the Inuyasha gang and try to break them up.

Kikyou isn't doing anything bad by being dead. She was brought back to life against her will. She never really wanted to be ressurrected in the first place. She's only "alive" to avenge her death.
Ballpointpencil
I think they are both absolutely awesome characters, and I'm definitely torn between them (that was the intended effect, and it worked). I think I'm for Kagome, if for no other reason than I can identify with her more. I really like them both...
xmangolicious
i'd rather be kagome's friend, personally.

but kikyou has a better character, like most of you said.

*votes kikyou*
fl1p_cal1_boii
id prefer kikiyou kuz shes alot mor powerful and she knos inuyasha and can tolerate his attitude..
i_am_anonymouse
i like kikyou better than kagome... she's prettier and she knows a lot more than kagome!
Changgooey
KAGOME ALL THE WWAY
iced__cappucino
its Kikyo. =P anyways. Kikyo. =D lol she is more...like...i dunno mature? shes really pretty. =) yupyup.
blackkikyo
Well i like kikyo and kagome but i would stick with kikyo. i like kikyo because she is pretty and everything but thats not all. she was suppose to be with inuyasha. even though that kikyo is dead i still think she should be with inuyasha. kagome is alive but she has a normal life. i think kikyo should be with inuyasha because they are just very very close i think. thats my oppinion so i dont expect others to feel the same way as i do but just dont insult kikyo lol cuz others wont lik it n then kagome lovers would hate kikyo lovers. lets all be happy lol biggrin.gif laugh.gif
AnimeKitten
Kikyo, Im sorry, but Kikyo. Kagome is whiney, and a cry baby. Kagome claims to want InuYasha to be happy...and when he is with Kikyo, he is happy. When he does get around Kikyo, Kagome gets snappy, spiteful, and jealous.
For those of you who say Kikyo doesnt love InuYasha, you are blind. No offence, but it shows time and time again that she does love him, she has even said so. Kikyo has gone through alot and is always going to be first in InuYasha's life. She could have killed him. Instead she put him into what was supposed to be an eternal sleep. She could have used the Jewel to save herself, instead she died and had the jewel burned with her remains. She didnt ask for Naraku to betray her and InuYasha. Kikyo didnt choose to be ressurected and brought back into the world. As for those of you who think Kagome is better in InuYasha's eyes than Kikyo, you're wrong as well. InuYasha gave Kikyo his mothers lipstick. I also understand that Kagome didnt ask to fall in love with InuYasha(who could blame her? *bats eye-lashes* n_n Hmmm...), but she really should stop saying she wants him to be happy and 'pretending to support Inuyasha and Kikyo'(she has, just not often,) and then go and get jealous and angry over it. This is getting really long and out of hand, but I believe you all get the point.
Eryi
i don't like kagome.
smrkangl
i understand kagome more than i do kikyou.
xT
Misao
Kikyo. :) I dunno why, but Kagome gets on my nerves.. -__- Kikyo is more like.. prettier and calm.. o-O you know what im saying? and kagome.. the temper is like blah..
sweetabandon
at first i was for kikyo. looks, dibs, and blahblah. but now it's like one of those things where inuyasha has moved on and now kagome is part of his life. besides, kikyo strikes me as kinda crazy now. i pity her, in fact. she can't get over things and that's sad.
imhyper
QUOTE(Misao @ Feb 8 2005, 1:54 AM)
Bah. I despise Kagome. I love Kikyo. x)

DITTO. Kikyo is kokui, and Kogome is an annoying little brat.
and by the way is Kikyo supposed to be inu's old girlfriend or sumthin??
Paradox of Life
Kikyou is so much more graceful and beautiful. Kagome is annoying and whiny. I dunno why, I just don't like Kagome. Inuyasha's too good for her. =X
KawaiiChobiGirl
I choose Kikyo. . . .

Kagome is nice, but it always seems like she's screaming for help from Inuyasha. >.< Although she is kinda funny. . . .

But Kikyo is way more calm and has more experience than Kagome
gharkib
QUOTE(cellardoor979 @ Jan 30 2005, 12:59 PM)
KIKYOU IS DEAD, SHE NEEDS TO MOVE ON!!! Besides, she only wants inu to become human, and she is just drivin by the hate she has for him.  rolleyes.gif

Firstly, she was dead, so she didn't notice the fifty years. It probably would have felt like a few days. Inuyasha wants to become human. How many retarded Kikyo haters say this? She's driven by her love, she never hated him and never could.
gharkib
QUOTE(cHuNsAbAbIe012 @ Mar 3 2005, 7:29 PM)
lol! in some ways kagome is like me with her annoyance n stuff so i understand how she feels with the stuff she gets sad over...i think kikyou is prettier n more mature but she accepts inuyasha for who he is. even tho he's all immature she tolerates that shit n doesnt push him to express himself cuz she already knows wat he's thinking. i dont know if i could tolerate my boyfriend if he was like inuyasha. i wouldnt even date him if i knew he was like that. lol!

i think kikyou does love him but she doesnt care about anything that inuyasha cares about. she knows fully well that he loves kagome but she wouldnt give a ... wat happened to her even if it brought him to a deep state of depression. n plus she needs to move on. both her n inuyasha do. she should jsut leave inuyasha n kagome alone. n yea...she's dead. who would get with a dead person?

n yes kagome is the reincarnation of kikyou for sure.

The problem is Inu-yasha dosn't like who he is! Seen the Phantom of the Opera? This is very simaler to Inuyasha-everyone was mean to him for something beyond his control. Everything was so horrible, and if the Phantom had a normal face, then he'd be a normal person, who wasn't a psychopathic killer. So if he had plastic surgery or something, Phantom would be all right. Thus Inuyasha turning human would fix many of his problems-remember Jinenji. Also she tries to change him with sit.
Inu-yasha isn't usually immature, but being sentient, at times he is. Kagome does NOT tolerate this - hence the overuse of sit. Yes, Kikyo cares about alot that Inu-yasha cares about, such as killing Naraku, Inu-yasha etc. Her and Inu-yasha-why move on, he was in a coma for fifty years, and being dead she was unconcious for fifty years. To them, it just happened. Like in Alias, when Sydney wakes up from the coma, except that her b/f wouldv'e been in the coma too. Thanks for who I copied this argument from.
What do you mean by Inu-Yasha and Kagome. There is Inu-yasha-tachi, and there is Miroku and Sango, and there is Sango and Kilala, and there is Kagome and Shippo, and there is Sango and Kagome (obviously not all are romantic), but except for the fact she is in his group, she is NOT afiliated with Inuyasha in any way
Also, Shikon Jewel could bring Kikyo to life...
gharkib
QUOTE(AnimeKitten @ Apr 5 2005, 8:24 PM)
Kagome claims to want InuYasha to be happy...and when he is with Kikyo, he is happy. When he does get around Kikyo, Kagome gets snappy, spiteful, and jealous.

Like the time she wished "Kikyo...if only you could die again"
Lol
babiixenyce
i like Kagome more than kikyou
why? idunno
i just like Kagome better
i think itz something about kikyou's character i don't like
BATTOUSAI
Kikyou sucks ass pooh.gif
Aoiro
I like Kagome better, but am starting to like Kikyo. Though they look a like, I like Kikyo's wisdom, and Kagome's personality. In the end, Kagome. =B
dani41790
I like kagome better. Idk I just don't like the fact that kikyo is driven by her hatred. She seems a bit b*tchy too :P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.