Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Premarital Sex
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
psychoticangel
_unsure.gif Okai so I'm not sure if this is where this topic should belong buh.. was just browsing the place and the thought came to mind. I was brought up in a conservative home within a conservative community, and well, basically the answer is no for me. Just wanted to see what you guys think ~ ^.^
tkproduce
look what happened to britney ever since she said she won't have sex before marriage
thedilenquent
its not ok because its in the bible and blah blah blah but people do it anyway so... yea
xquizit
I had been having sex since I was 16 and I've recently decided to become a born again virgin because the bible says that that is God's intention. Sex is God's gift and it is not meant to be used until you find that perfect partner and after you are married.

So I say, no, premarital sex is not ok. And I think two people can be even more intimate and more trusting of each other if they hold off on sex. Once sex comes into the picture, all these problems and trust issues start coming up... it's not worth it... plus it's probably a message from God that you're doing something wrong.
tkproduce
but i hear stories where people have made promises not to have sex till they get married and then, after they got married and had sex once, one of them didn't like it (usually the woman) and never wanted to have sex again and so his/her partner's sex life was ruined for the rest of their lives (unless they got divorced or had affairs that is)
xquizit
QUOTE(tkproduce @ Mar 8 2004, 12:00 PM)
but i hear stories where people have made promises not to have sex till they get married and then, after they got married and had sex once, one of them didn't like it (usually the woman) and never wanted to have sex again and so his/her partner's sex life was ruined for the rest of their lives (unless they got divorced or had affairs that is)

i dunno... that sounds a little crazy. i think when 2 people are in love, the sex should be good regardless of performance, because it's the intimacy and the emotions that matter most and what makes sex good. besides, if it was really that bad, they could always practice at it... i'm sure no one is that good their first time.
krnxswat
Answers vary depending on person's beliefs. Well for me, the answer is no.
Podomaht
for me, who cares?

i mean, i personally think its wrong, but thats just me. live life how you want to live.
tkproduce
QUOTE(xquizit @ Mar 8 2004, 6:17 PM)
i think when 2 people are in love, the sex should be good regardless of performance

unfortunately, that isn't the case... I've heard a lot of people who, although they "love" their wife/husband, their sex-life is a "bore"

but yea, it really depends on what you believe, but what one believes isn't always what others believe
eunie03
I don't believe you should go through a ceremony just to have sex. If you really truly honestly without-a-doubt know that you're gonna marry that person when you're "old enough" anyway... I believe any time can be the right time for the first... time. (I need a broader vocabulary _dry.gif)

Edit: Okay, WHO answered "moo o.o" -.-;;
tkproduce
blame psychoticangel for putting that as one of the choices in the first place. lol
CloudUnionX
Moo.
silver
In my opinion it's wrong
And it sucks for the girls if they get pregnant, so I dont think its worth the risk
silver-rain
I don't think it's right, but it really depends on the two people, and if they're ready or not.
peanutbutterbbb
no, just because everyone does it doesnt mean that its ok for you to do it
noaccounthere
Being catholic... and going through about... 10 years of religion courses and even taking Christian Ethics as my Fall semester class which im taking right now. We've learned that Premarital sex isnt the right choice.

Its not only about your religion or your faith, but what is right. Saving sex for marriage is a good choice because it protects you from being trapped into having sex with someone who isnt true to you, who wont be commited to be with you.
xquizit
QUOTE(silver @ Mar 8 2004, 6:42 PM)
In my opinion it's wrong
And it sucks for the girls if they get pregnant, so I dont think its worth the risk

good point. There's also AIDS and STDs. Using protection is never 100% effective against pregnancy or diseases.

Not worth the risk....

Plus a girl's gotta deal with so much stress and paranoia when they "skip" a month. There's enough stress in a teenager's life with school, and friends, and relationships... they shouldn't have to worry about having a baby.
phanaticalazn21
YEA!!!!!!!
LuShuZxLaNa
QUOTE(xquizit @ Mar 8 2004, 10:49 AM)
I had been having sex since I was 16 and I've recently decided to become a born again virgin because the bible says that that is God's intention. Sex is God's gift and it is not meant to be used until you find that perfect partner and after you are married.

So I say, no, premarital sex is not ok. And I think two people can be even more intimate and more trusting of each other if they hold off on sex. Once sex comes into the picture, all these problems and trust issues start coming up... it's not worth it... plus it's probably a message from God that you're doing something wrong.

i 2nd what you said... on the second paragraph. I mean if they hold off sex until marriage, then their love for one another is like a whole new level rather than the ones who've had sex before marriage.
jimmyjackiechan
So many people fall into tempation~
PBlaze187
iv been in a relationship for 3 years and we waited to have sex till this year....i know were gonna get married shes moving in with me and were both going to the same college and i doubt theres anyone out there for me ....i guess its all on the situation ...if your really religous then u wait ....im not so i didnt....
tkproduce
i don't see why people have to get married in the first place. i'm fully aware that what i've just said has shocked most of the female romanticists, but surely, marriage is just a bunch of paperwork, and just because you've had a ceremony and signed a few papers shouldn't really make you "love" your partner even more than before. If a couple gets on well enough without getting married and lives happily ever after, surely that's just as beautiful as any other married couple doing the same thing. Marriage is just an agreement made by the law - that's what I sometimes think anyway.
AngelicEyz00
QUOTE(jimmyjackiechan @ Mar 8 2004, 10:35 PM)

That's true. I don't think it's ok, but I don't think it's bad either. Some people have sex though, and they're too young or immature to realize what a big deal it is. I personally believe that you should hold off on sex... although I didn't sometimes I wish i did ermm.gif
froggie_van
Premarital sex shouldn't be okay... but everybody's doing it anyways.
xjjajeengx
well, im a beeleever in not having sex till marriage. but in my case, i dont want to be married... i dont want to have kids... and so im just going to chose who cares. i mean.,.. its for us ourselves to decide if we want to or not, despite its God's word not to have sex till marriage. i mean, God does not force us to do what he wants.... its our choice. so yea... wacko.gif haha

as a matter of fact, i think sex is the most nastiest unreasonable thing... and please dont bash at me for saying this. i noe someone is going to say something like its cause i dont noe or something, but in my opinion, i would never go through so much pain making love, and i would never make love period. i mean, i think its awesome that people can show so much intimacy with it, but for me, im just disgusted in thinking at all about sex. pinch.gif and also, its just... ergh _dry.gif ahhaha cant explain my feelings for this thing. its like... my feeling are...

hammer.gif _dry.gif pinch.gif yep aha
fragrance
its all on how you are brought up.
if u're a strict follower of The Bible, then no, premarital sex is ok.
but considering how there're many other religions and what not,
there's no certain answer.

who's to say what's really right or wrong?
what do we really base our morals and ethics on?
just know what you're getting urself into
and if ur thinking of premarital sex, use a helmet.
phanaticalazn21
who knows
jimmyjackiechan
i think the votes are gonna come in mostly no, but it's easier for every one to say no than to actually do it. it's like smokers, u know darn well it's bad, but people still do it~
k00alah
i think that its ok just as long as both are doing it for LOVE and not for LUST.. talking about it before doing something is a great idea too.. you have to know if the other person is ready and most importantly if you are ready yourself..
S0ULd0UT
well to me, "WHO CARES"
if dey are fine with it, go ahead. xP
aud_chua
well.. it's kinda "iffy" because different people have different beliefs and backgrounds...
imho, if people really love each other and consent to it, then it's fine.. but if it's coerced, then no.
ana8
At least for me it's OK even tho I'm a Catholic...If there's love and trust I don't see a reason why not try sex..
xquizit
the reason not to try it is because there are risks involved...

Pregnancy
STDs
AIDS

There are thousands of cases for pregnancies and STD's every year. Mainly because people are not being responsible for their actions... and then abortions come in... which could have been prevented if they hadn't been having sex too soon in the first place. And as I said earlier, no form of birth control is 100% effective except for abstinence.

So I say, if you think you're ready for sex... you should also feel that you're ready to have a child... in case that does happen. If not, then I don't think you're ready, and obviously shouldn't be having sex yet.
tkproduce
QUOTE(xquizit @ Mar 10 2004, 4:49 PM)
the reason not to try it is because there are risks involved...

Pregnancy
STDs
AIDS

There are thousands of cases for pregnancies and STD's every year. Mainly because people are not being responsible for their actions... and then abortions come in... which could have been prevented if they hadn't been having sex too soon in the first place. And as I said earlier, no form of birth control is 100% effective except for abstinence.

So I say, if you think you're ready for sex... you should also feel that you're ready to have a child... in case that does happen. If not, then I don't think you're ready, and obviously shouldn't be having sex yet.

so i guess you've slightly changed your argument from "premaritial sex is wrong" to "sex without thinking about the consequences is wrong". I'm not sure about the first one, but I agree with the latter happy.gif
AngelicEyz00
If you're gonna have sex, then do it, but at least be smart about it and make sure you're doing it for the right reasons (if there are any "right" reasons ermm.gif ). Do you really love the person? Do you feel you're ready to go through with it? Are you prepeared for any consequences? Will you handle it responsively? etc..
ana8
I understand that there are risks involved..So if I don't wanna have a child EVER then I shouldn't be having sex at all, xquizit??
tkproduce
QUOTE(ana8 @ Mar 12 2004, 4:30 PM)
I understand that there are risks involved..So if I don't wanna have a child EVER then I shouldn't be having sex at all, xquizit??

That's what SHE believes. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. Do what you think is right for yourself and your partner.
LuShuZxLaNa
QUOTE(tkproduce @ Mar 9 2004, 12:45 PM)
i don't see why people have to get married in the first place. i'm fully aware that what i've just said has shocked most of the female romanticists, but surely, marriage is just a bunch of paperwork, and just because you've had a ceremony and signed a few papers shouldn't really make you "love" your partner even more than before. If a couple gets on well enough without getting married and lives happily ever after, surely that's just as beautiful as any other married couple doing the same thing. Marriage is just an agreement made by the law - that's what I sometimes think anyway.

are you trying to say that a "title" is just a bunch of crock? i'm not getting mad or anything because i've heard this before.
LuShuZxLaNa
QUOTE(jimmyjackiechan @ Mar 9 2004, 1:35 AM)

yeah, people do fall in temptations, but you know, they AT LEAST have to know when to stop. but even if they do have sex at an early age, i sure hope they protect themselves!!
Phibby_kun
I think it's wrong because when you do meet the "one" and you get married, it's so much more meaningful than if you were doing it previously.

Plus, what if you're stuck with a baby? Most of the time, you're on your own when it comes to that.

But also people believe what they like, so that's only my opinion.
ana8
I understand all of this..But when can you be sure that you met ur second half??? And as to marriages, more and more of them are conculed with divorce..
xsnowxangelx425
i think that u should wait. If u love them and they love u they should respect u enough to wait with u.
espressive
i'd rather not, considering i'm Christian and yea. but nowadays, evrybody seems 2 b doing it (u can't help but feel a lil bit intimidated!) i dunno, i'm gonna TRY and not hav sex be4 marriage but u nvr know....
conair
Sex is just a small part of any relationship. You gotta master the others before even thinking about it.
Mireh
I don't think its ok (and I am speaking for myself) to have sex before marraige. If you ARE gunna have sex before marraige, you should at least make sure the person is the one your gunna marry.

And me being religious person..yea...

and then theres the chance if you get pregnant...

*rambles on and on*

When you have sex with a person, its like giving a part of yourself to them (*being sappy and poetic*)
cakalusa
A-OK by moi!
xquizit
QUOTE(conair @ Mar 14 2004, 10:28 PM)
Sex is just a small part of any relationship. You gotta master the others before even thinking about it.

very true.
kryogenix
QUOTE(tkproduce @ Mar 9 2004, 12:45 PM)

tax benefits, sign of loyalty, fidelity etc.
tkproduce
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Mar 16 2004, 8:59 PM)
tax benefits, sign of loyalty, fidelity etc.

exactly. and who's going to know if that loyality/fidelity is actually true or not?
xxaloha_oexx

isn't that kinda early to be having sex? wacko.gif whelp. i don't think you shood have it till after marraige, cuz then if you get pregnant or something...EEK!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.