Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Updates - Please read!
Forums > News and Announcements > Announcements
micron
Sorry for being absent these last couple of days. It's exam week here in college, and I have them till next Tuesday so I won't be able to do much until then. But thought I should make some points.

1. SKINS: I know, I wasn't clear at all in the guidelines about this. I'm working on a separate database for the skins, one which will enable instant preview, ratings, and download counts, and catagories, and initially I thought I would have it finished by now. But guess I won't be able to rap it up and implement it to the site until all my exams are done. So until then, here are some guidelines when approving skins.
  • I'm leaving quality standards really up to you, but ex-design staff and current head staff have the right to remove approved skins if they feel it does not fit our general minimum quality guarantee. That in itself is very vague, I know. Maybe you guys can have a little chat together sometime?
  • Only ex-design and head staff members should ever remove skins from the submissions (the pre-approved posts). This will prevent skins at meet our minimum quality guarantee from being accidently removed.
  • Approved skins should not have any description (to make the listings less cluttered). Also, it is your responsibility, as the approver, to include a screenshot of the screen using our Xanga Editor when not present. Screenshots should be 550x550 in dimensions. Approved skins should have a general flow similar to this one (bolded heading, clear instructions).
Um, I had more to say but I forgot what they were. Next time I should jot little notes before going into details, when I remember them I'll come back and post. In the meantime, have fun~! _smile.gif
krnxswat
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Roger
aznhybriddragon
interesting tongue.gif
GinaDaQueen
Okay, I just fixed all (yes all! I have too much time on my hands haha) of the skins using these guidelines, but two of the skins had broken images, so I didn't add a screenshot to these two:

skin13: Version Blue
skin27: new york city

Angelfire just doesn't like to work on xangas.
wayne
i need to start uploading all my skin files to my server, cause angelfire sux. Oh yeah, i cant approve skins...
tofumonzter
rolleyes.gif interesting.....
micron
QUOTE(GinaDaQueen @ Feb 20 2004, 12:46 PM)
Okay, I just fixed all (yes all! I have too much time on my hands haha) of the skins using these guidelines, but two of the skins had broken images, so I didn't add a screenshot to these two:

skin13: Version Blue
skin27: new york city

Angelfire just doesn't like to work on xangas.

flowers.gif
micron
QUOTE(retro_balla @ Feb 20 2004, 3:31 PM)
i need to start uploading all my skin files to my server, cause angelfire sux. Oh yeah, i cant approve skins...

hammer.gif
I asked you to do this more than a week ago.
wayne
eh sorry, i havent had the time, i just started to upload most of my images (even the ones not for this site) to my servers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.