Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: knock offs at targets
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Fashion
batman
i went in today to check the designers for targets collection and found this (i didnt take this photo, but I saw these bags):

seems like a cheap ps1 knock-off, but dude, i've been wanting the ps1 for like 2 years, maybe it'd be worth it to get something less than 5% of the price tag even if it's not real leather or whatever.

idk, should i get it? would you get it?
DoubleJ
I wouldn't. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who buy knock offs. I feel like you shouldn't try to keep up with everyone else if you can't afford to.
sixfive
i hear everyone can afford nice designer stuff and if you aren't rich you don't deserve to look good and should use plastic bags for purses and wear rags because it's affordable
DoubleJ
Lol I didn't mean it like that.
batman
:( i can afford the ps1, i just don't think spending over 1k on a bag is a good investment

sad.gif
DoubleJ
Truth. I think that it's more important to buy quality over quantity though. A lot of the people that I know who have incredible style, don't have big closets. They just invest in a piece that they know will last them for years to come.
gojira
the average person is not able to afford $1500-2000+ purses but if you can or you're able to save, good for you. i love the ps1 but it's spending beyond my means, i would rather save up for a macbook first.

i don't like that one from target as much as the topshop... and guess who placed an order last week for brown :3
batman
^ ooh, i want that one! but i want it in black.
gojira
they didn't have it but i would have gotten it too in black LOL
batman
my asos lookalike is falling apart :(. let me know how sturdy the topshop one is. i might get it in taupe.
gojira
it came today but the size is disappointing. going to keep it just because i need a new beater bag. how big is your asos one?

click to enlarge
batman
it's about the same size. it looks a little bigger, but i think its because yours is all wrapped up and mine's all loose and stuff. the ones at targets are even bigger.

were you wanting it to be bigger or smaller?
DoubleJ
How is the quality of the stuff at topshop? This guy at my job swears by them, and his whole wardrobe is from there.
gojira
bigger, big enough that it'd be able to fit a med notebook inside. are you getting the one from target? how did quality feel?
batman
yep got the one from target. it's vinyl/leather lookalike, not leather, and it sort of smells weird, but i'm hoping that'll go away after i put my stuff in it and use it for a while. it's mossimo so the quality isn't great, but it's not like it's going to fall apart anytime soon. it's also only $39, so what do you expect, right? =/ it is very big though (it can probably fit my laptop) and the strap is good. the asos wasn't adjustable and the strap was too long, so i had to shorten it myself.
DoubleJ
http://www.inanyc.com/

I love this store, and I have gotten a lot of stuff there for really cheap.
gojira
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Mar 16 2011, 11:59 AM) *
How is the quality of the stuff at topshop? This guy at my job swears by them, and his whole wardrobe is from there.

i just visited the store in nyc, it's pretty amazing. 3 floors for girls, 1 downstairs for men's. i only wish their prices weren't so high (they're pricey to ME)

oh well, i guess we'll keep buying/finding lookalikes until we either find the perfect replica vs. real.

WOW bal for $875
http://www.inanyc.com/collections/women/pr...eam-leather-bag
DoubleJ
Yeah that is what I heard about topshop too. I remember one time I wanted this blazer from there, but they didn't have my size and I was almost in tears.
batman
man, problem with places that cell designers for cheap is that it's usually the old castoffs or factory stuff that doesn't look that great, but people jump on it anyway because of the brand name.

still. i'm promising myself never to buy anything over $300 ever again, including shoes and bags and accessories. until i have a great job and have all the money to spare.
gojira
i splurge when i can and when i want something really bad. i've yet to go $300 myself for shoes or a handbag. highest i've gone on shoes is $200 lol
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(gojira @ Mar 16 2011, 12:30 PM) *
i splurge when i can and when i want something really bad. i've yet to go $300 myself for shoes or a handbag. highest i've gone on shoes is $200 lol

how did i know i would find you in here talking about spending money stubborn.gif

macbook sandy, macbook
DoubleJ
Sandy are you getting the pro or the regular?
gojira
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Mar 16 2011, 05:44 PM) *
how did i know i would find you in here talking about spending money stubborn.gif

macbook sandy, macbook

lmao you are not going to even like what i have to tell you. good news is i got a raise

QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Mar 16 2011, 06:04 PM) *
Sandy are you getting the pro or the regular?

probably opt for 13" pro because 15 is too expensive. what about you?
DoubleJ
I think I am going to get the smaller pro as well. That one is the new ones that they just came out with right?
gojira
yes, what a beauty

superstitious
Wow. I beat myself up when I spend over 50 dollars on a pair of jeans. :x

Then again, I did spend over 300 on a KitchenAid stand mixer, 100+ on a coffee maker/hot drip combo, a panini grill and a food steamer in one month. My high dollar stuff is mostly on kitchen related gadgets, equipment, pans and so on. That and media. I like to be entertained.
heyo-captain-jack
I'm pretty sure my cheapest pair of jeans costs $50 you got to get new pants
superstitious
I'm cool with my pants. haha
gojira
btw i saw the purses at target today! cuter in person (maybe because all the straps are f*cked up in the pic lol) but didn't favor the material :/ still though i liked the size
batman
yeah! i actually like the purse even though i'm not a fan of the material. i think that since it's so cheap, i don't feel bad about using it a lot, so it's been getting a lot of mileage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.