Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with a Countdown Script
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > Wordpress Support > Wordpress Resolved Topics
esch
I am currently using this Birthday Countdown Script and I want to place the output in a custum module. I am currently using the website stats section of this Current Status Script as the basis for my module. Instead of showing my status, I want it to show how many days left until an event.

This countdown script uses document.write to display the output, while the Current Status module uses insertAdjacentHTML to display the output.

And actually I would like to countdown more than just one date, so ideally I would like to do the countdown calc, and store the result in a temp var, then display all of them. something like:

CODE
<!-- begin code provided by createblog.com -->
sub.insertAdjacentHTML ('beforeBegin', ..... + TitleContent + ModuleContent + Event1 +'<br>' +  Event2 .....(and so on) );
<!-- end code provided by createblog.com -->

so I guess what I need is to store the result of the countdown in a string(?) instead of using document.write function. And I guess I need to convert the integer value of the number of days left to a string value(?) how is that done?
esch
never mind. I think I have got it figured out now. at least to where it is functional. probably isn't super effecient though
DrNick311
If you say so.

Topic Closed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.