Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Posters I Made
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
firechild
click to enlarge
(Very Old) Bush Poster from who knows when.
click to enlarge
Poster for this year's day of silence
click to enlarge

this one kinda speaks for itself
creole
Nice.
datass
the graphics seem fine, but the typography is quite bad.

for the first one, im not sure why the background of 'dumbf*ck' is not the same as the one for the graphic. make it the same, it really throws it off.

for the second one, the angle of rotation of the word "homophobia" and the tape is different, which really irks me. the font choice and lettering size and spacing is not too good either. maybe make it more bold, and close the line space.

last one, arial, yuck. the obvious spelling error of "its", it should've been "it's". the line spacing is also a bit too big. i think you were going for the modernism style, but it ended up looking empty and unoriginal.
firechild
For "day of silence": what font should I use, I'm really new at this
datass
try frutiger or helvetica. big, bold, small line space
firechild
damn. two fonts that don't come with windows. closest thing i have is *cringe* arial...

EDIT: updated
click to enlarge
datass
^holy shit whatever were you thinking? you just made the poster infinitely worse. you still haven't fixed the angle of rotation, and now you've used two grunge fonts when you've got a clean graphic. those two fonts should never appear in the same place together. try animal or bandana or gasmask. if youre gonna do that grunge look, add some grungy textures. but either way dont use those two fonts, you just lowered its legibility.
six
^holy shit whatever were you thinking? you just made the poster infinitely worse.

lol
firechild
my 3rd attempt; this time using animal (bandana wouldn't cooperate with the date)
EDIT: angle of rotation should be fixed
click to enlarge
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.