Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Birthday invite
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
none345678
So a friend of my family asked if I wouldn't mind doing the invites for her kids birthday party, and since this is one of the very few kids I don't hate I said sure.
Her last name isn't snow face. I just call her that (her parents are Mexican/black and she's a snow face. I also sometimes call her commie because she is adopted from Russia) and I didn't want to post her last name lulz
click to enlarge

edit:
click to enlarge

edit 2:
click to enlarge

edit 3:
click to enlarge

They gave me a photo to reference of her dressed as a fairy, and that's how she is standing in the photo but I might bring her hands upfront because they kind are bugging me.
Most likely will redo the feet too.
Rockwell? yes/no?

idk
c&c
Firiath
It looks really cute and awesome thumbsup.gif
schizo
That's so precious!

I'm not sure about the eyes and the center of the flowers, though. Everything else is super soft and those parts are really dark. The feet and hands look fine to me.
none345678
made the eyes/flowers a little lighter. Also made the dress less poofy
synapse
Her feet look like hoofs... I agree with the hands being brought to the front, at least make it look like she wants to welcome her guests. There should be a comma after Saturday. Kern the spacing for 2p and 7p, they should be the same. If you put periods in one acronym you should put them in the other, "R.S.V.P.". If this is gonna be printed, be sure to make your background lighter. Rockwell is a fine typeface for the project, Personally I would pick museo.
none345678
forgot to kern though
click to enlarge
Simba
i'd go to this goddamn party even if there wasn't weed and alcohol naw mean

it's good
none345678
The parents are black and hispanic. Of course there's going to be weed and beer.

The kid will end up with at least 3 dime bags by the end of the night
sixfive
man hispanic & black if they had any biological kids they'd be too lazy to steal
Simba
well i hope that address is real cause i'm crashing this mother f*cker
Mikeplyts
It looks pretty nice. I'm not too sure about the green, though. It feels a bit too of an "icky" green rather than a soft green. _unsure.gif

Also, you should be ashamed. Look what you've just openly given to Tung. sad.gif
jiyong
Looks cute. The beige colours blend in with the green a little too much, imo.
manny-the-dino
This is so freaking cute! jfsdbfknbdjf. I agree with Gabrielle though.
none345678
click to enlarge

Joanne
Haha, you didn't want to put her last name, but was totally alright with revealing her address? tongue.gif

I think it's absolutely adorable! I would have loved an invitation like this as a kid. The change to blue was a good choice... I think it fits the whole fairy thing more than the green.
none345678
ahaha. I just typed in random stuff for the address. Thanks happy.gif
Simba
lol yeah i saw that 1337 ness
Joanne
Nice. XD.gif
tokyo-rose
Cute~ The original was pretty good to begin with, and the final edit is great. I like the shade of blue you picked for the background.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.