Full Version: facebook layout thing.
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
miguelS
Thoughts?

http://www.myspace.com/miguel.guzman
creole
sexy/
manny-the-dino
Looks pretty cool. I just don't like how there is little spacing between the username, date/time and comment in the comments section.
heyo-captain-jack
Good concept, bad execution.
karmakiller
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Jun 5 2010, 11:43 PM) *
Looks pretty cool. I just don't like how there is little spacing between the username, date/time and comment in the comments section.

I agree with this, and I really don't like the background...
futura
^wait what background? the gray bit?

I like this. :)
miguelS
QUOTE(ButtsexV2 @ Jun 6 2010, 09:08 PM) *
Good concept, bad execution.
How so?

And danke to everyone else.
venti-anemoi
This is pretty cool and pretty damn accurate too.

There are a couple of minor things I dislike about it but they're really nitpicky. I don't like how the "facebook" home link in the upper left corner is so close to the border; it feels like it needs some breathing room, and you have the space to move it over. As for the other thing, I don't even know if this is possible (I know absolutely nothing about myspace), but can you make the comments section not auto-scroll? (cannot remember the proper CSS term for that) The scrollbar for that section is cut off on my computer and it makes an otherwise clean layout look messy.

Like I said, extremely minor. It looks really good as is. :)
none345678
The only thing I personal don't like is the drop shadow. Pretty snazzy, mang.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(miguelS @ Jun 8 2010, 04:00 PM) *
How so?
And danke to everyone else.

It's all alignment and fonts that bother me. I'm really picky about that kind of thing.
miguelS
QUOTE(venti-anemoi @ Jun 9 2010, 03:43 AM) *
I don't like how the "facebook" home link in the upper left corner is so close to the border; it feels like it needs some breathing room, and you have the space to move it over.
I've been thinking about this since the first time I made it. I might move it over a couple pixels.
As for the other thing, I don't even know if this is possible (I know absolutely nothing about myspace), but can you make the comments section not auto-scroll? (cannot remember the proper CSS term for that) The scrollbar for that section is cut off on my computer and it makes an otherwise clean layout look messy.
I could just widen the div and keep it scrolling without the bar there, if that's what you mean.

QUOTE(ButtsexV2 @ Jun 9 2010, 05:39 AM) *
I'm really picky about that kind of thing.
Gotcha.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(miguelS @ Jun 9 2010, 09:50 AM) *
I could just widen the div and keep it scrolling without the bar there, if that's what you mean.

I think she meant that instead of having an overflow set to make the DIV scroll, set it so that it goes down the whole length until it reaches the last comment.

Like, instead of:
CODE
overflow: auto;

Use:
CODE
overflow: visible;

shrug.gif
miguelS
lol I know overflow.

I'd prefer it to scroll though.
I've already widened the div so it will still scroll without the scrollbar.
jiyong
QUOTE(venti-anemoi @ Jun 9 2010, 12:43 AM) *
I don't like how the "facebook" home link in the upper left corner is so close to the border; it feels like it needs some breathing room, and you have the space to move it over.

This. Also, I don't like that shadow gradient behind the middle section. It looks pretty good though.
venti-anemoi
yeah I was talking about the overflow, but if that's your preference, then go for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.