Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Createblog Tracker F.A.Q.
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > Createblog Support > Createblog Resolved Topics
synapse
Createblog Tracker F.A.Q.

Q: How do I track the Anonymous IPs that view my site?
A: There is no way to know exactly who each person is. That would make our tracker against Myspace TOS. Becaese it is "identity proof" until you identify the person, we are able to keep it on MySpace, and Ju-Sun has gone through great lengths to make this available for us.

Like I stated already, there is no way, but there are a couple of methods..

one: Flat out ask all your friends for their IPs so you can track them, and have them use the tracker too so it can create your own little web. 90% of traffickers that visit your site already know who you are. It's just the problem that some time, they won't do anything but want to see what you did when you supposedly, "Updated your profile information". If they tell you their IP, you find that IP on the tracker page that cb has, and you just identify it:

http://www.createblog.com/tracker/identify.php?ip=##.###.###.###

You just change what is in red.

two: Look to see as your comments or messages are coming in, and line that up with the anonymous visitor that was stopping by your site. Say you have one anonymous visitor between 5:40pm and 6:00pm and they left you a comment at 5:46pm. It is most likely them, so you can just identify that IP with their MySpace short_url name.

Q: It is a new month, but still my hits have not "rolled over."
A: The hits and the graphs will not show your hits until the default time zone for the tracker's has reset. In the case that you are on a different time zone than Eastern Standard Time (-05:00) then yours will not change until it is 12 AM on the first of the month EST.

Q: So somehow my tracker code disappeared off my page.
A: Just go back to the tracker homepage, " http://www.createblog.com/tracker/," and underneath the main bar graph, click on [get tracker code].

Q: My people are all showing up from a different place then where they actually live...
A: That's just a glitch with your ISP, there really isn't anything that can be done about that.
Joanne
I haven't seen any posts about this yet, so...

I tried to get a new tracker just now, but it says I can't because I'm not an OM. Any way to fix this?
karmakiller
I think it was Yanlin who also had an issue with this. I sent Jusun a PM about it, so maybe he'll be able to change that.
Gangsturr
Can you still have the tracker work without having to display the image and such?
Mickey
You are using a quality feature that is provided by createBlog for free. The least you can do is leave the image up.
karmakiller
QUOTE(Mike @ Mar 27 2009, 07:36 PM) *
You are using a quality feature that is provided by createBlog for free. The least you can do is leave the image up.

I fully agree. Besides, the image is not that big. You can position it if you'd like.
Chrissy13
My myspace tracker isn't working. It only tracks my IP and when I set the"don't track my IP" no one else is tracked. :( help?
Joanne
Are you sure you're not the only one who has been on your Myspace?
Harp
^Or maybe nobody is viewing your profile. I'm serious.

Edit: My bad, I was a little too slow on that.
Chrissy13
The other day I had 10 views and I checked on the myspace tracker and it showed nothing.
Joanne
That's because it's April; the tracker wipes out all previous months.
Chrissy13
I just got the tracker on Sunday. I don't know why I'm having problems with this thing I used to use it and I didn't have problems then hmm.
Joanne
Post your link. I'll go to your page and tell me if anything shows up.
Chrissy13
Ok.my myspace :]
synapse
Your profile is private. That could be why, only the people on your friends list are going to be able to be tracked, in that case.
Chrissy13
Ok. I'll leave it unprivate.

Edit:
I just got two visitors from Ohio and Washington.
Joanne
So I see that it works now. Yay.
Chrissy13
So does that mean I have to leave my profile unprivate to track visitors?
Harp
It's weird, because mine is private and it still tracks people...
Chrissy13
That is weird. Could you guys check my myspace again while I set my profile private?

Myspace
synapse
Mine should be coming from Boca Raton, FL, Florida Atlantic University.
Chrissy13
Hmm No just Ohio and Washington.
Harp
I'm Ohio. How many times did I show up?
Chrissy13
You showed up two times.
Joanne
Maybe because people have to actually get to the unprivatized part of your Myspace. If that made sense/is possible (I don't have a Myspace so I have no idea how it works).
Harp
Alrighty. Well, your profile is private again. I just went back. See if it says 3 now.
Chrissy13
I don't see anything yet. Do you get instant results when someone visits your profile?
synapse
yeah, you should
Chrissy13
On the tracker settings should everything be checked?
Joanne
QUOTE(Joanne @ Apr 7 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Maybe because people have to actually get to the unprivatized part of your Myspace. If that made sense/is possible (I don't have a Myspace so I have no idea how it works).

I mean, when your profile is private, we can't get to your actual Myspace page. I'm pretty sure that's why we're not showing up.
Chrissy13
Ok. I'll just leave it unprivate for now. Thanks guys! :]
rach3l
i just tried to get a tracking code for my myspace but it says it's aleady being tracked. i don't have an icon on my profile, i don't have a code in "who i'd like to meet", or anything like that. i don't have any html in my profile at all anymore, so i know i'm not overlooking anything.

i clicked that link you gave and looked around to try to get another code, but all it says is that i'm already tracking on that page. what can i do?
chrissy831
Anyone having problems with the myspace profile 2.0 tracker code?
The code is not working for me.
jewelledwings
I've installed the Xanga tracker, but unfortunately, it tracks nothing but my own visit.
It showed my visit to my site, but nothing else. I'm pretty sure some people went onto my site, as the footprints page showed quite some visits. But they were not registered on cb tracker.
Any help please?
w1n5t0n
I have a new myspace, and I'm trying to generate the tracker code with CreateBlog's MySpace Tracker. I've followed all the instructions as written, I've entered my username as asked for, and the result i get is an error message that reads: "Unable to verify. Does this page exist?"

Click to view attachment

Note the error message at the top. I'm not sure why it's appearing, because that's my MySpace, and it definitely exists.
I keep getting this error message every time I try to generate the code, and I also get one new profile view.
It's very strange.

Help me please?

Regards,
w1n5t0n.
Heather1215
I can't get the tracker to work for my myspace either. Everytime I try to submit the form that generates the code, it tells me that it's unable to verify and asks if it exists. Help please? :/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.