Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new portfolio layout sort of
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
batman
sorta makes me cringe to call this a layout, it's so simple. i'm probably asking for trouble putting this in showcase because this is more personal than anything i'd really want to "showcase" but idk, its the first time i changed things up in 2 years, so i wanted to sort of show somebody. idk.

http://exklamity.net
tokyo-rose
Hmm...basic, but not bad. I'm used to your other layout since that had so much more color (I think?).
synapse
I loved the one with the rollovers on the letters, but I forgot which one that was. This is is okay, but yeah, like you said, very simple. Is the picture supposed to have those oddly colored edges?
batman
:x no :(

click to enlarge

it was taken from this sketch and i didn't know how else to recolor. but idk, i'm ok with the graininess.

i liked my layout with the rollover letters too. i think it was one of my most creative ideas. but idk, i think the simplicity makes it a little more personal and the actual content stand out a little more. anyways, since i'm trapped at home for the next year, i'll probably take some time to create a better layout.
brooklyneast05
i have to agree with the others (and you) that your last was much more creative. to me this layout is forgettable, even though it's not bad. there are a million really simple portfolio layouts out there. your last one seemed like it was able to mesh creative with simple, which is i think what everyone is going for when they create a portfolio.

i guess i just think you were better with the other one because it wasn't forgettable. i know it's been at least a year or longer since i've looked at your portfolio. it's probably been that long since thomas or cristy has too. but we all remember what it was. i think that says something. i've looked at a million in the last year and 99% of them i couldn't tell you anything about but i can still tell you what yours was like. those were cool rollovers.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Mar 21 2010, 10:04 PM) *
i guess i just think you were better with the other one because it wasn't forgettable. i know it's been at least a year or longer since i've looked at your portfolio. it's probably been that long since thomas or cristy has too. but we all remember what it was. i think that says something. i've looked at a million in the last year and 99% of them i couldn't tell you anything about but i can still tell you what yours was like. those were cool rollovers.

Yeah, I haven't been to Melissa's portfolio in a long time, but I still remember those rollover letters. I liked them.

I hope that you can come up with a more memorable layout that's still simple.
batman
http://hq.exklamity.net

yeah, i guess it's been a while since i did anything really artsy graphic/coding wise, so i'll have to try a few more times before i hit my stride. i'll try coming up with something to top the rollover letters but still try to keep the personal/simpleness i'm looking for.

thanks for the feedback :D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.