Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Romeo + Juliet
Forums > Community Center > Movies & TV
creole
Leo Dicaprio is hot in this movie. Oh, and this is my favorite scene.

What's your fave. adaptation of the movie?
HeartOfPandora
Argh, I hated the new version - SO LAME. The original film ftw, second only to the actual drama itself.
creole
Which older film? There's like a bunch of them.

And yeah you're right. I only like this adaptation because it adds more into the characters. The other movies--eh well, they follow the original plot.
none345678
This movie confused the shit out of me. It's the only version of Romeo I have really seen (other then the one we watched in Eng. that's the exact plot plaid by shitty actors)
HeartOfPandora
The 68 version directed by Franco Zeffirelli. Juliet was absolutely adorable, and their costumes we're freakin' amazing.
creole
Yeah she looked f*ckable.
Blyat
hell yeah she did!

I saw the movie....but idk how I feel about it
creole
Blyat
yeah...I didn't get a raging boner for this movie
Tomates
I watched both movies when i was a freshmen. I liked the original film SO much better than the new one.
creole
LMFAO
heyyfrankie
i just like the leo & claire one becuase it's visually modern, but the script is literrly verbatim Shakespeare. PLUS, the original was just boring to me.
superstitious
That is SO Michael from Lost. XD

I don't particularly care for either film. I mean, I liked where Baz Luhrmann was going with his film, but I didn't like the pairing of Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes at all. There was such minimal chemistry and I couldn't buy into their relationship. It's hard to sink your emotions into a romantic tragedy when the romantic leads fail to present any type of connection. That's just my opinion, of course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.