Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Left side div overlaps other content on smaller monitors
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > MySpace Support > Myspace Resolved Topics
bluesinparadise
I noticed recently while using a smaller monitor (I think 15") that the layout for the site that I thought was fine could actually be problematic for some resolutions. The left side div is pushed further to the right, which causes problems by having the background overlap the music player, etc.

I tried just making the browser window smaller on my monitor to try to replicate the problem, but in that situation, it actually pushes the left div's background to the left, exposing the standard profile stuff that it's covering.

myspace.com/jdeicher

This is the left div code, but I'm not sure if that's where the problem is occurring or not.

CODE
.leftside {position:absolute; top:760; left:50%; margin-left:-460px; width:385px; height:auto; background-image:url(http://prokop.cad.cx/eicher/leftbacklonger.jpg); z-index:9;
color: black;
font-size:9pt;
font-weight:normal;
font-style:normal;
text-decoration:none;
text-transform:none;
font-family:Helvetica Narrow, Arial, sans-serif;
}

Can anyone offer some help? Thanks!
bluesinparadise
I can't get it to happen by changing the resolution on my computer, but hopefully I'll be able to take a screenshot on another computer this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.