Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Byroxanne.com
Forums > Resource Center > Showcase Booth
xquizit
www.byroxanne.com

I posted my design mockup a couple months ago and never got to show you guys the final working version! Here it is!

This thing landed me a job in Palo Alto. I am moving to the bay area in less than a month and I am super psyched!
mipadi
Congratulations! I don't have much to say other than it looks really nice, and very clean. One question, though: what font did you use for the stuff at the top (the "Hello, my name is..." part)? I tried to check out the source but it looks like you're using some <canvas> + JS magic to render that part, and I didn't want to dig through everything to find my answer. _smile.gif
none345678
^I was wondering the same.

It's incredibly amazing, though.
tokyo-rose
Nice! I like the setup a lot. Congratulations on getting a job, too.
deteam
damn looks really clean... congrats thumbsup.gif

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
markmejia
i like, i like! :) and congrats on the job!
manny-the-dino
I love it. Nothing to complain about here. Very cute. And congrats on the job! flowers.gif
mipadi
Oh, one suggestion: if you have a list of fonts like "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif", you should list Helvetica before Arial. Almost everyone has Arial, so that means it'll almost always be used, even if the user has Helvetica, too.
xquizit
Thanks for the comments, guys. :)

QUOTE(mipadi @ Dec 29 2009, 12:37 AM) *
Congratulations! I don't have much to say other than it looks really nice, and very clean. One question, though: what font did you use for the stuff at the top (the "Hello, my name is..." part)? I tried to check out the source but it looks like you're using some <canvas> + JS magic to render that part, and I didn't want to dig through everything to find my answer. _smile.gif

Sorry for the late response but for the intro text i used a font replacement technique called Cufon. There are many other techniques that you can try out but I find Cufon to be the easiest method. Here's a good resource to learn about other techniques:
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/10/22...ques-and-tools/

Hope this helps!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.