Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So nobody on this forum care about Avatar?
Forums > Community Center > Movies & TV
Pages: 1, 2
SuckDickNSaveLives
twitch.gif @ this movie. I still can't believe most of this movie was done in CG, especially that forest. Freaking amazing visuals. This movie has set the bar high for CG movies that succeed it.
datass
shit! i want to watch this so bad!!
but my friends dont cuz they dont like blue people WTF?!?!
Maccabee
I'll be honest. When I so the blue girls boobs, a little bit of blood went to my penis. Just saying. I though she was reallly, cute.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Dec 19 2009, 01:56 AM) *
I'll be honest. When I so the blue girls boobs, a little bit of blood went to my penis. Just saying. I though she was reallly, cute.

Good to know. You're still stealing my sig and backwards text thing.

Maccabee
QUOTE(itanium @ Dec 19 2009, 02:06 AM) *
Good to know. You're still stealing my sig and backwards text thing.

Get off my /g/.

Impersonation is the greatest form of flattery.
karmakiller
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Dec 19 2009, 02:30 AM) *
Get off my /g/.

Impersonation is the greatest form of flattery.
Don't you mean faggo... nevermind, not worth it.

Anyways, this movie had an insane budget, so it better be good. The blue people remind me of Pan's Labyrinth.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Dec 19 2009, 03:30 AM) *
Get off my /g/.

Impersonation is the greatest form of faggotry.

I've been on /g/ since before you knew what the internet was.

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Dec 19 2009, 02:47 PM) *

Yes, it is worth it.
AimeeLynn
I WANT TO WATCH THIS! I heard it was good plus I thought it was interesting
creole
Most of my friends said it was long and boring.
_unsure.gif
Tung
just got off the theatres watching this. it was hella long, but worth hit. AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Simba
is that mawfkin KC with panties on his head
SuckDickNSaveLives
QUOTE(ArjunaCapulong @ Dec 20 2009, 03:53 AM) *
is that mawfkin KC with panties on his head

laugh.gif Aye them ladies see me, and [rap screwed and chopped]they be, they be dropping them panties.[/rap screwed and chopped] nod.gif
emberfly
best movie I ever saw in my entire life.

blows titanic out of the water.

heyo-captain-jack
cool content bro

also inb4 merge
emberfly
iknoright?

rawr.

i did a search.. how could there be a merge? there was no other topic.

oh, ok...... nevermind. I see it. stupidass title.
Maccabee
Iv'e seen it 3 times. Once with an asian girl, once with a hot chick, and again with an older chick.

happy.gif

fixtatik
^ Your mom, your mom, and your mom, right?

...And Titanic was poop, so that doesn't say much :\
karmakiller
Haha the topic for this is right on top too.
Mickey
Topics merged.
creole
lmfao @ the content of this on rule34
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Beenly @ Dec 23 2009, 02:41 PM) *
lmfao @ the content of this on rule34

Yeah, there is tons of it. Some of it is actually good :razz:
Maccabee
QUOTE(fixtatik @ Dec 23 2009, 10:26 AM) *
^ Your mom, your mom, and your mom, right?

...And Titanic was poop, so that doesn't say much :\

Nope.
older = 21
Tomates
I heard the movie was good. I kinda want to see it but i kinda dont. My sister is actually watching it tonight. I'll ask her what she thought of it.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Dec 23 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Nope.
older = 12

I think you made a mistake. I corrected it for you.
Maccabee
QUOTE(Tomates @ Dec 23 2009, 08:48 PM) *
I heard the movie was good. I kinda want to see it but i kinda dont. My sister is actually watching it tonight. I'll ask her what she thought of it.

I thought you guys were twins? Can't you just close your eyes and see what she is seeing?
emberfly
QUOTE(Tomates @ Dec 23 2009, 08:48 PM) *
I heard the movie was good.

pfft. that person is officially an atrocious source of information.

the movie is absurdly, indescribably amazing.
smash
QUOTE(IamLegend @ Dec 19 2009, 01:13 AM) *
twitch.gif @ this movie. I still can't believe most of this movie was done in CG, especially that forest. Freaking amazing visuals. This movie has set the bar high for CG movies that succeed it.

i agree. it made me wanna live there. but i was to distracted by my anger towards Jake Sully and the stupid soldiers. i don't ever wanna see that movie again. it was so predictable in certain ways and i'm tired of plots like that. oh yeah and it was too long.
Tomates
QUOTE(emberfly @ Dec 23 2009, 11:42 PM) *
pfft. that person is officially an atrocious source of information.
the movie is absurdly, indescribably amazing.

lol well my sister today clearly stated how i must either go see it with our dad or my boyfriend.
AngryBaby
okay, i think if anything everyone should see it simply for the visuals and creativity. you dont see shit like that that often. im not just talking about "good cgi" im talking the artistic beauty and concept and color of the WORLD. artistically unlike anything you've seen this year, last year and the year before.

no critic or cynic can deny that.
heyo-captain-jack
CODE
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:36684b463ca2aa2f9347b18e9f6b1a9090bdb073&dn=Avatar+%282009%29+PROPER+TS+XviD-MAX&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.prq.to%2Fannounce

bro
DoubleJ
So nobody on this forum care about Avatar?

your poor grammar may be one of the reasons nobody cares.
Blyat
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Dec 23 2009, 10:40 PM) *
I thought you guys were twins? Can't you just close your eyes and see what she is seeing?

Halarious.

I saw it and really surprisingly liked it! (at first it didn't really interest me)
the graphics are just amazing
ANG33ZY
movie was hot.
i saw it in 3D. Now I can't imagine watching the movie in 3D.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Dec 19 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Anyways, this movie had an insane budget, so it better be good. The blue people remind me of Pan's Labyrinth.

nod.gif thumbsup.gif

Anyway, I'm not really interested in seeing this movie simply because it looks like it's all hype and all about the effects. I can't really see what would be so great about it except for the effects, but meh. My dad wants to see it, however, so I'll probably get dragged along either way. shrug.gif
batman
ITS GOT HYPE FOR A REASON BC IT IS INSANE AWESOME OK.

saw it in 3d and i wanna see it agaaaiinn.
Tomates
Saw the movie today with my boyfriend.
It.
Was.
Awesome!
gojira
QUOTE(smash @ Dec 24 2009, 12:21 AM) *
i agree. it made me wanna live there. but i was to distracted by my anger towards Jake Sully and the stupid soldiers. i don't ever wanna see that movie again. it was so predictable in certain ways and i'm tired of plots like that. oh yeah and it was too long.

i just loved nighttime best, when everything glowed. the plot was straightforward, but the graphics made up for it imo. lol, i didn't predict that i would enjoy it but my eyes were glued to the screen the entire time.
shawtiegotem
QUOTE(IamLegend @ Dec 20 2009, 03:11 PM) *
laugh.gif Aye them ladies see me, and [rap screwed and chopped]they be, they be dropping them panties.[/rap screwed and chopped] nod.gif

but those are your mama pantys, your sick.
SuckDickNSaveLives
QUOTE(shawtiegotem @ Dec 29 2009, 10:44 PM) *
but those are your mama pantys, your sick.

Oh, so these were your panties? I thought I recognized them. ohmy.gif
datass
LOVE THIS FILM

will elaborate later
queen
so i just saw it last night, and i loved it. however, i agree with some reviews that said the movie gets more attention than it deserves purely because of the eyegasmic CG. the storyline is clearly not original, which is why it surprised me when that became one of its selling points. but the CG is definitely on a whole 'nother level.
Reidar
And it's entirely because of that Army Colonel. He was the real hero of the story for me.

click to enlarge

This is an excerpt from his bio somewhere: "Possessed of little respect for indigenous lifeforms, especially the Na'vi, he directed the destruction of the Omaticaya Hometree and lead the RDA forces in an attempt to destroy the Tree of Souls."

I.E. he declared war on a tree.

In a lot of paralleling stories about Native Americans, the aboriginal will quixotically wonder aloud, in a simplistically meaningful question that's supposed to invoke doubt in the good-natured but naive white person he's teaching the ways of his tribe to, "How can one own land? Land belong to everyone. Not owned." Okay. Then the Colonel has as much right to bomb the damn tree as the natives have to "pray" to it (yet another instance of religion poisoning everything). Oh, but when it's inconvenient for THEM, then it's "their" land all of a sudden. Pretty hypocritical, and if they want to play these kinds of games then it's their fault for being stupid.

Also, the love-making scene (and any of the romantic undertones) was disgusting and made me want to headbutt myself in the face. My face was wrenched in a contorted, gritted expression through that entire part.

Also also, if this was supposed to be a parallel to the Americans invading Iraq like so many people insist it to be then there should have been a blue Saddam Hussein.
none345678
Do you see the blue people doin it?
heyo-captain-jack
I liked that they called the crippled person Hotrod and Meals on Wheels within two minutes of the beginning of the movie.
AimeeLynn
I really liked this movie a lot.

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=244427
Maccabee
The blue girl gave me a boner.
Gigi
It was GORGEOUS. But the longass action + longass length of the film + 3D literally made me feel sick to my stomach. Would've enjoyed this more without the 3D tbh. IMAX was nice but the constant 3D was sickening. But the graphic were beautiful enough to warrant multiple viewings!

Visuals aside, it would've been nice for the movie to attempt an original plot, jus sayin.

And yes, the love scene was unnecessarily awkward. They could've just kissed and called it a day. But no, there had to be weird rubbing up against and shit. Gross.
manny-the-dino
Topics Merged
AimeeLynn
Funny how both Avatar and Pocahontas story is related...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.