Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chromium OS
Forums > Community Center > Technology
synapse
http://dev.chromium.org/chromium-os

Has anyone built theirs yet? How is it compared to Windows?

Some new pics:
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Maccabee
old... I got the iso ages ago. looks cool though. how can you do file management? and what happens if you right click an image? I dont see why anyone would use this. I can only imagine it being used on a netbook. what are the minimum requirments? if it isn't 128 mb or less I dont see why someone wouldnt rather put ubuntu netbook on their netbook or just ubuntu for that matter.
synapse
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Nov 22 2009, 03:48 PM) *
old... I got the iso ages ago. looks cool though. how can you do file management? and what happens if you right click an image? I dont see why anyone would use this. I can only imagine it being used on a netbook. what are the minimum requirments? if it isn't 128 mb or less I dont see why someone wouldnt rather put ubuntu netbook on their netbook or just ubuntu for that matter.

I don't see how that's possible when they released the source only a couple of days ago. You probably got something else.
Maccabee
I had pre pre pre pre stuff.
heyo-captain-jack
http://carbon.hexxeh.net/chromiumos/

USB version.

Also, joseph, what you got was Chrome OS. It was an unofficial build.
synapse
QUOTE(itanium @ Nov 22 2009, 10:06 PM) *
http://carbon.hexxeh.net/chromiumos/

USB version.
Also, joseph, what you got was Chrome OS. It was an unofficial build.

should you use a empty usb?

nvm. I don't know how to use .torrent files. Yeah, i know as much that you need to use something like utorrent, that's about it.
mipadi
QUOTE(tcunningham @ Nov 22 2009, 10:10 PM) *
nvm. I don't know how to use .torrent files. Yeah, i know as much that you need to use something like utorrent, that's about it.
  1. Download and install µTorrent.
  2. Download .torrent file and open it.
  3. Profit!
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(tcunningham @ Nov 22 2009, 09:10 PM) *
should you use a empty usb?

I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary to use an empty drive, but I definitely recommend it unless you want to f*ck up the files on it.

also yeah, install µtorrent, open .torrent file in µtorrent, ???, profit!
synapse
QUOTE(itanium @ Nov 22 2009, 11:46 PM) *
I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary to use an empty drive, but I definitely recommend it unless you want to f*ck up the files on it.

also yeah, install µtorrent, open .torrent file in µtorrent, ???, profit!

Of course the only usb that I want to install onto is not large enough for the windisk. I'll try again with my 4gb later on :|
medic
I love how Google is building a bandwidth intensive OS when bandwidth providers are rolling out technology to limit customers bandwidth use. In the end, the bandwidth providers will win. They need to really re-think Chrome OS sooner than later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.