Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fmylife
Forums > Community Center > Technology > Tech Help
synapse
My graphics card said it supported dual monitors on the back.. I never actually looked at the card until I was going to plug in my second monitor that I waited a week for.. Turns out there is only one DVI on the graphics card, and I can't use both integrated and the 4850 at the same time..

SO, if you know a way I can use two monitors on the HD 4850 by VisionTek let me know.. if there is no way, who wants to buy a 4850. I'd sell it for, hmmm $85
Maccabee

synapse
pain in the ass. I already have to have adapters for my VGA cords.
Maccabee
what?
is the video card dvi?
theres is nothing wrong with having adaptars connected to adapters especially if its the only way.
synapse
QUOTE(jcp @ Oct 15 2009, 12:01 AM) *
what?
is the video card dvi?
theres is nothing wrong with having adaptars connected to adapters especially if its the only way.

everytime you bridge something, you're causing more problems for yourself. ati online says it has 2 DVI outputs. But really, it has HDMI, something that looks like HDMI, and 1 DVI output.
Maccabee
i dont understand.

most modern video cards have one dvi and one vga slot. so if both monitors are vga get a dvi to vga converter. your confusing me bro. just converters.

i need a mini dvi to vga converter for my mac.
synapse
cause this is what I have joe:

Maccabee
synapse
lol, i think i'll just save myself the trouble, sell my current card, buy the 4870
Maccabee
why? its just a converter?
synapse
QUOTE(jcp @ Oct 15 2009, 01:19 AM) *
why? its just a converter?

cause for that converter, i'd have to by a vga(f) to vga(f) adapter
heyo-captain-jack
Instead of a 4870, get a 5770 or a 5850. Pay some more for an card that rapes it.
heyo-captain-jack
Anyway, get yourself a triple head to go if you don't want to spend on a new GPU.

Also lesson learned, never buy VisionTek, Sparkle, GenuineGeforce, or POWERCOLOR

Also is your computer upside down or something? Or was your camera upside down?
synapse
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Oct 15 2009, 07:42 PM) *
Anyway, get yourself a triple head to go if you don't want to spend on a new GPU.
Also lesson learned, never buy VisionTek, Sparkle, GenuineGeforce, or POWERCOLOR
Also is your computer upside down or something? Or was your camera upside down?

Compaq installs the motherboard on the left side of the computer, whereas most are on the right side, so the have to flip it for the i/o panel to fit the case
heyo-captain-jack
You put a 4850 in that rig? Why?
synapse
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Oct 15 2009, 08:49 PM) *
You put a 4850 in that rig? Why?

it was on sale, what's wrong? _unsure.gif
heyo-captain-jack
Athlon 64 + 4850. Bit of bottlenecking there. Unless you upgraded the CPU since August.
synapse
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Oct 15 2009, 09:39 PM) *
Athlon 64 + 4850. Bit of bottlenecking there. Unless you upgraded the CPU since August.

well, it's not the same exact manufactured processor, since I sent it in for a new one. Not sure what they have in there now.. should be the same one, but you never know really
heyo-captain-jack
CPUZ that bitch
synapse
its an athlon 64, but i can run anything on max with the card. :/ I have no noticeable problems. I'll look into the 5000 series, see if it's something I can afford.
heyo-captain-jack
If you're set on dual monitors, I'd say a 4890 is the way to go, but if you're playing with lower resolutions (I'm talking 1600x1200 lower, so still fairly large) then a 5770 will give better performance.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(tcunningham @ Oct 14 2009, 10:42 PM) *
$85

also n*gga u trippin balls, that's only like less than a new one that hasn't been used.
synapse
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Oct 16 2009, 07:42 PM) *
also n*gga u trippin balls, that's only like less than a new one that hasn't been used.

yeah, i always reference amazon, which at the time lowest price for used was 120

but since I listed it now, for $70 on amazon. I'd sell it to someone on here for $50
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.