Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pissed, grub, error 22
Forums > Community Center > Technology
Maccabee
i had a xp ubuntu dual boot. I didnt need ubuntu so I opened disk manager,(on a mac, cant remember names) and i just right click the linux partition, which included a 8gb partition and a 800mb partition. so i right clicked each and clicked delete partition, so it then said unalocated partition. I proceeded to restart even though I wanted to add the space back to xp but didnt know how. and when I restarted I was greeted by a warm error 22. what the crap. what now? It better be simple... something allong the lines of live cd? idk.
heyo-captain-jack
Good job man.

Reinstall over that partition. It's the easiest solution.
Maccabee
no fing way! I have spent a crap ton of time, modding, installing drivers, and I have a bunch of programs on there! And the files are backed up but I dont want to delete them(I do have them backed up)!
ANY other solution? How should i delete a partition in the future?

also, I have no windows cd, and my brother hates linux.
Mikeplyts
oh hay, jc told me to spam in someone elses topic.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(jcp @ Oct 4 2009, 10:35 AM) *
no fing way! I have spent a crap ton of time, modding, installing drivers, and I have a bunch of programs on there! And the files are backed up but I dont want to delete them(I do have them backed up)!
ANY other solution? How should i delete a partition in the future?

also, I have no windows cd, and my brother hates linux.

No, reinstall linux over that partition.

You can even shrink it down if you really need to.
Maccabee
Oic! because windows depends on linux to boot right? k, on it. phew.
heyo-captain-jack
No, Grub is part of Linux. You have to remove Grub from Linux.
Maccabee
Thanks.
Fixed.
Closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.