Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: college essay.
Forums > Community Center > Academia > School
princessx143
common essays:
- a major personal experience, achievement, risk or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- an issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to you.
- an individual who has deeply impacted you and why.
- a fictional character, historical personage, or create work that has profoundly influenced you and why.

i have to do a rough draft for my college essay for tomorrow, when its due. i have no idea what to write about! i have no major personal experiences, i dont have any achievements, im not sure of any personal/local/national/international concerts, no one really impacts me, & no fictional character or whatever has influenced me :[

what can i write about? can someone give me some ideas? pretty pretty please!
karmakiller
One and three seem like the easier choices, because it tends to be easier to write about yourself rather than someone or something else since you obviously have the most knowledge about yourself. A personal experience can be anything... from something as simple as someone you've met or something you've seen. Your story doesn't have to wow, it just has to be of importance to you.
princessx143
i think i'd wanna do the first one.
but i can't think of anything to write about :/
anyone have any ideas? or examples?
karmakiller
Well, I would tell you what I wrote about when I had to do one of these, but it was pretty personal. It was therapeutic for me, which is why I wrote about it.

Hmm, can you think of something that made you the way you are now, losing a loved one? Meeting someone? Setting a goal and meeting it? Did you ever switch schools? If so, what was that like and what did you learn from it? Have you ever moved? How about graduating high school... what was that like? Starting college... have a lot of other people in your family gone to college? Was getting into college an achievement (and what do you plan achieve during your future studies)? Have you ever been in a car accident? Have you set a goal that you thought you couldn't achieve but did? Did that make you believe in yourself more?

Anything like that.
mipadi
QUOTE(xojessiee @ Sep 15 2009, 03:53 PM) *
i think i'd wanna do the first one.
but i can't think of anything to write about :/
anyone have any ideas? or examples?

I wrote about joining the symphonic band during my junior year of high school. I started playing the oboe. I had no real musical experience and kind of did it on a whim, and it was probably the first time in my life I wasn't good at something I tried. I was a terrible musician but I had a lot of fun and felt good doing something I wasn't good at in a such a public way. I wrote that it helped me overcome my fears of failing at something, because I was such a bad musician and everyone knew it, but no one cared; and I wrote about how I learned a lot about myself and made a lot of friends in the process. So joining the band was a good life experience, even though I had no plans to pursue musical performance past high school graduation.

So think of things like that. It doesn't have to be something big or grandiose, just something that affected you on a personal level.
princessx143
i dont know if this helps but one summer i taught kids at a summer school? i don't know what to say about it though...

i also thought about making something up since i cant think of anything good? :/
Archana
what school was this for? this sounds like the app for michigan (ann arbor)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.