Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Supa Dupa Man Suit??
Forums > Community Center > Movies & TV
itskamanstar

http://tv.ign.com/articles/102/1022414p1.html

Welcome to the ninth season of Smallville.

If you aren't familiar with the show, Smallville is the story of early Superman. Except since the eighth season, he's essentially been on the verge of becoming Superman. As the ninth season starts, Clark has started his iconic training with Jor-El, abandoning his human life and embracing his Kryptonian, still not quite whom we know him to be. He's ignorning his human side. Hence, the black colors.

When he acted like his human side, he wore all red and blue. I'd also like to point out that this suit was actually in the comics, I don't remember when, but it was used when Supes kept his distance at some point. I'd also like to point out that this is the Kryptonian armor that Supes father used in the first Superman movie, so this is basically the normal wear on his once-alive-planet.

Although I have to say, if there's a season 10, he has to put on the red and blue tights. It's hard to imagine another season since this is his characters verging point.

But anyway, what do you guys think of this suit?
iRapediCarly
his face looks a little fatter
superstitious
LOL@"if you're not familiar with the show".

I'm also tempted to change the title to the thread, since we don't have a Smallville Season 9 thread.
hypnotique
Kill it with fire.

*sorry*
itskamanstar
So, the ninth season starts tonight.
superstitious
I loved the season opener. I think that Zod is fantastic. I'm not too thrilled about fight club-emo-Ollie, but he'll get passed that (I HOPE).
itskamanstar
QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 27 2009, 12:30 PM) *
I loved the season opener. I think that Zod is fantastic. I'm not too thrilled about fight club-emo-Ollie, but he'll get passed that (I HOPE).

Agreed I loved it too, the last two seasons have really been a huge comeback I think.

Oh yeah I read some official talk of this season, and it looks like he'll be getting back to being Green Arrow about five or so episodes in.
superstitious
QUOTE(BlueHeroBH @ Sep 27 2009, 12:18 PM) *
Agreed I loved it too, the last two seasons have really been a huge comeback I think.
Couldn't agree more, except I think that last season was particularly a fantastic leap ahead of prior seasons. In fact, I stopped watching Smallville until last season. Of course, I'm a huge Lois fan. The only episodes I turned off last season were ones that featured Lana (she makes me want to scratch my eyes out...slowly).

I was a little bummed that they killed off Davis (and surprisingly not that disappointed with Jimmy's send off). I think that they could have done a lot more with Davis' character, but oh well. There's a lot of fun looking arcs coming up, and I'm really excited about that.

treschicgeek
For some reason, everytime I browse cB & see this topic, I always think it says "Supa Dupa Man Slut" at first. haha.

But yeah, to stay on topic, sadly I stopped watching Smallville right around the time they switched networks from the WB to the CW, so I'm very far behind lol

& the suit's a little creepy tbh
superstitious
QUOTE(treschicgeek @ Sep 27 2009, 12:41 PM) *
For some reason, everytime I browse cB & see this topic, I always think it says "Supa Dupa Man Slut" at first. haha.

But yeah, to stay on topic, sadly I stopped watching Smallville right around the time they switched networks from the WB to the CW, so I'm very far behind lol

This is just my opinion, but I'd skip to last season to catch up (if that is what you'd like to do). Last season was very fast paced, had interesting story lines and character (minus the two ep or so Lana arc haha) and wasn't as overacted or over the top as previous seasons.

Regarding the suit, it plays better on screen than it does in that still.
itskamanstar
QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 27 2009, 02:43 PM) *
This is just my opinion, but I'd skip to last season to catch up (if that is what you'd like to do). Last season was very fast paced, had interesting story lines and character (minus the two ep or so Lana arc haha) and wasn't as overacted or over the top as previous seasons.

Regarding the suit, it plays better on screen than it does in that still.

Yeah I'd agree, except I think it's important to see last season, since these two have basically stemmed into "Metropolis", a sequel to Smallville. Plus it's just good TV, anyway.

Yeah I was worried it wouldn't do well on screen but it blended in better than I thought.

The visuals are always great in the show too, especially the directing//cinematography.
superstitious
^ I think I said to watch last season. hehe ;P

I'm pretty pissed about the move to Friday nights. REALLY sucks.
itskamanstar
QUOTE(superstitious @ Oct 1 2009, 07:15 PM) *
^ I think I said to watch last season. hehe ;P

I'm pretty pissed about the move to Friday nights. REALLY sucks.

Oops I read it as "skip last season to catch up" sorry. XD

LOL, Friday is where Sci Fi shows go to die. Which fits, this being most likely the last season.
superstitious
QUOTE(BlueHeroBH @ Oct 2 2009, 02:56 PM) *
Oops I read it as "skip last season to catch up" sorry. XD

LOL, Friday is where Sci Fi shows go to die. Which fits, this being most likely the last season.

That's too bad. Smallville has actually been good lately. I guess it's better to go out on a high.
itskamanstar
If they could get all the copyrights and a bigger budget, I'd rather just see a Metropolis spinoff, rather than a tenth season. How much longer can it be put off?? He's already pretty close to thinking like Superman.
superstitious
Agreed with the natural evolution of the series (Smallville -> Metropolis) but the biggest problem, in my opinion, is whether or not Welling wants to commit to another year of Clark Kent/Superman.
itskamanstar
So. The show has been renewed for a tenth season. Yes.

Thoughts?
superstitious
My thoughts are hell and yeah. I'm not at all a fan of earlier seasons (I think the show became watch-able during season 8). This season has been fantastic. It's about time the show ends, but I think with all the set ups of season 9 (Checkmate, Suicide Squad, Zod and Co., Apokolips, Max Lord, JSA) there is a ton that can be accomplished next season to wrap up the series nicely.
itskamanstar
Personally, I like the first four seasons. Yeah the meteor freaks sucked sometimes, but I really liked the characters and how the mythology was slowly built. Seasons 5-7 annoyed me because he was out of high school so the show should have changed with that, but it stuck to the same old thing.

But yes, this season has been great. As far as next season goes, I never really got the feeling this season would be the last.

The justice league has yet to really come together (even after AJ they're still disconnected, albeit less), Clark has yet to really develop his duel identity, Checkmate still has to be developed, etc. I'm really excited for what could happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.