Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: firefox window problem.
Forums > Community Center > Technology > Tech Help
Maccabee
For some reason many links have been opening in new windows. Nothing is more anoying to me then this. But im talking about links that I click once on. Im trying to find an example. But I cant. So I went to preferences and told it to open links that open in new windows in new tabs. But now everything opens in a new tab. Including cb emoticons and lynda.com video tutorials and other javascrip popups. So how can I cut the crap? Does anyone know how to reset firefox settings?

edit:
found an example.
when I click this link it opens in a new window.
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...t&p=3246763

edit:

in fact, when I click the link I just posted it opens in a new window.
synapse
load the firefox installer again.

you can go to options/preferences and go to the tabs and see if the first box "open new windows in tabs instead" is checked.
Maccabee
ya, but if that is checked then stuff like the emoticons open in a new tab which is stupid. and I dont want to reinstall cause I have a crapload of bookmarks and keeping my history and passwords is important.
heyo-captain-jack
You actually store history? All I store is cookies.
synapse
QUOTE(jcp @ Sep 11 2009, 01:35 AM) *
ya, but if that is checked then stuff like the emoticons open in a new tab which is stupid. and I dont want to reinstall cause I have a crapload of bookmarks and keeping my history and passwords is important.

emoticons are not meant to be clicked at all.. So, I have no idea what you're getting at there.
Maccabee
No I mean, when you are making a post and you click the emoiticons then click show all.
none345678
QUOTE(jcp @ Sep 11 2009, 07:41 PM) *
No I mean, when you are making a post and you click the emoiticons then click show all.

It's always done that for me
synapse
that's meant to open in a new window, just as the warning log is
Maccabee
It opens in a new tab. Not a new window.
synapse
I thought you said, it just opens in a new window?
Maccabee
this problem is still not resolved. click, fast reply then click the smiley. new window right? its opening in a new tab.
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Sep 11 2009, 03:53 PM) *
You actually store history? All I store is cookies.

yes. i find i very useful. on some of my other computers it starts in private browsing,
Maccabee
fixed.
Closed.
Mickey
QUOTE(jcp @ Oct 13 2009, 08:23 PM) *
Closed.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.