Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ipod stuff
Forums > Community Center > Technology
rnicron
how can you put a video camera on the new nanos, but not on the touch? i mean, you can't even directly upload from the nano.

MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL!

discuss
dilligrout
I have a jank sansa :|
creole
lmfao just wait until there's a way to magically "jailbreak"

tbh the new ipod touch is just the same model, just lower prices, more memory, and the update isn't that much of a difference to make you go WOW.
synapse
just buy an iphone. They're cheaper. lol 99 > 199. I bet camera's are coming, just not today. Probably have a few bugs they need to iron out. Like the ability to directly upload.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(tcunningham @ Sep 9 2009, 06:38 PM) *
just buy an iphone. They're cheaper. lol 99 > 199. I bet camera's are coming, just not today. Probably have a few bugs they need to iron out. Like the ability to directly upload.

yeah but wouldn't it only take a month or two of paying a phone bill to make the touch cheaper
synapse
for me, if i were to replace my blackberry, it'd be about the same. but for people with no phone bill, or even the ones with a $50 phone bill, they'd be spending more in the long run of course.
Gigi
Wait for the iPod Touch to get a camera, then buy that. The prices for a data plan on the iPhone here...RIDICULOUS. And if I don't get a data plan with the iPhone, then what's the point? I spend most of my time at school and at home where I have access to Wi-Fi, and I lived without 3G for most of my life...I'm not giving in to Rogers Canada's insane monopoly. Canadians are shit businesspeople.

Back on topic though, when I heard my friend say the iPod nano was getting a camera today, I just said: "Why?!?!?" I know nano sales are down but this is really not the way to save it.
synapse
Not to mention them trying to bring flair to the shuffle. When I was following gdgt's live blog, I was like... why with the shuffle. The classic doesn't even have colors..
synapse
P.S. due to the nature of the camera, you can't even shoot stills with it. So, I'm sure that's another reason they don't want to launch the touch equipped with a camera, people with the touch should be able to have a camera capable of taking stills.
creole
lol, the vid quality still sucks. and the positioning for the video recorder is a bit awkward. i'm just gonna update my ipod touch to the new firmware for $5... just for damn voice over . -_-
synapse
The best thing to the new nano's is probably the FM radio with live pause.

Another article to the ipod touch not having a camera reasoning:
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/09/ipod-touch-camera/
creole
lol. . wait until apple has an icamera or other crazy stuff
synapse
QUOTE(Beenly @ Sep 10 2009, 09:47 PM) *
lol. . wait until apple has an icamera or other crazy stuff

nah, that's one of the things they compared their ipod nano with a camera to, the flip mino hd. They wanted more than just a video capture
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.