Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taxing Soda
Forums > Community Center > Academia > News
dosomethin888
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2...or_thought.html

I'm sorry, President, but taxing soda is not going to make people drink less of it. That's just stupid.
iRapediCarly
no shit

"one way to cover the cost of revamping the nation's health care system"
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(irishcarbombs @ Sep 8 2009, 07:57 PM) *
"one way to cover the cost of revamping the nation's health care system"

synatribe
sucks for soda companies
dosomethin888
If they stopped spending our tax dollars on worthless shit, then they wouldn't have to tax us more, especially on soda...
mipadi
QUOTE(dosomethin888 @ Sep 8 2009, 09:14 PM) *
If they stopped spending our tax dollars on worthless shit, then they wouldn't have to tax us more, especially on soda...

Yeah! Totally worthless shit like a war in Iraq that failed miserably.

But I digress. I can't but take this assault on soda personally. It's like the federal government is trying to take away everything I love in life. Back in June, Obama banned the sale of my clove cigarettes, so I switched to Mountain Dew to drown my sorrows; now it looks like the money I've saved on cigarettes may have to pay for my Dew habit. Seriously, WTF?
iRapediCarly
smoke menthols and drink malt liquor
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(dosomethin888 @ Sep 8 2009, 08:50 PM) *
I'm sorry, President, but taxing soda is not going to make people drink less of it.

Agreed on the ineffectiveness.

I'm pretty much indifferent to this since I rarely drink soda. Water, juice, and tea = throb.gif.
DivineFox
Good thing I don't drink soda often but I wonder what's next to tax after soda?
Maccabee
Genius...
Janette
QUOTE(DivineFox @ Sep 8 2009, 09:39 PM) *
Good thing I don't drink soda often but I wonder what's next to tax after soda?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.