Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would you date a girl with a kid?
Forums > Community Center > Relationships
SuckDickNSaveLives
I've come across at least 3 cases I can think of where I become really good friends with a girl. The attraction is there and everything, we both got feelings for each other, but when I find out she has a kid, I loose all interest immediately. The same for a girl who smokes too.

But yo, would you date a girl who has kids? Am I just being closed minded? Because I think I have good reasoning behind this.
Simba
bryan would date the kid
FizzyMilk
well. I'm a girl, But I'll just say if I liked a GUY that had a kid....as long as the kid wasn't a brat then sure, why not? :)

I mean, a lot of baggage could come with a girl that has a kid..or kids...especially if she had them young..You'd have to deal with the baby daddy...and he could be a diiiiick.
karmakiller
QUOTE(KaraYankit @ Aug 26 2009, 11:31 PM) *
well. I'm a girl, But I'll just say if I liked a GUY that had a kid....
...it would probably depend. If his baby's mama is crazy, then that'd be "baggage" I wouldn't be up for dealing with. If he had a crazy past with her but didn't deal with her, then it wouldn't bother me, because I wouldn't have to deal with her either. I would be really suspicious if a guy fathered a baby and never saw him/her, regardless if he paid support.
SuckDickNSaveLives
See I be thinking about the girl's baby daddy too. Like I remember me, her , and my friend were all just in a casual convo. My friend was like "Have you seen her baby daddy? That dude is at least 270". I was like twitch.gif , with fear in my eyes. The last thing I need is some big n*gga showing up at my doorstep ready to give me the business. thumbdown.gif

And LMAO @ Arjuna.
Maccabee
No. Because im 14. But i never will.

Could you imagine having sex with her? You would know that you are sticking your penis where some other guy has stuck his penis and blown his load. ick. But its all up to you mag. if you love her.

I only read the title so... haha
Tomates
QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 27 2009, 01:09 AM) *
No. Because im 14. But i never will.

Could you imagine having sex with her? You would know that you are sticking your penis where some other guy has stuck his penis and blown his load. ick. But its all up to you mag. if you love her.

I only read the title so... haha

Even if a girl didnt have a baby you could be sticking your 2incher into a girl who has had multiple partners.
Just saying.
Maccabee
I know. Just the thought is weird to me.
queen
i don't think so. i'd feel like i'm intruding upon a family, regardless of whether or not the other parent is still in their lives.
drinksmokefuck
QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 27 2009, 01:09 PM) *
Could you imagine having sex with her? You would know that you are sticking your penis where some other guy has stuck his penis and blown his load.

are you expecting every girl to be virgins? the f*ck outta here
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(synkiro @ Aug 27 2009, 02:18 AM) *
i don't think so. i'd feel like i'm intruding upon a family, regardless of whether or not the other parent is still in their lives.

superstitious
I guess I'm lucky my boyfriend is cool with me having a kid. ;)
brooklyneast05
^being older matters though. if i'm 30 something and dating then it's more expected to have to deal with the kid thing with women in that age range. it's different than dating a 20/21 year old with a kid.
Harp
would you date a girl with a kid inside of her, kc?
Seon-ho-Lee
QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 27 2009, 01:35 AM) *
I know. Just the thought is weird to me.

f*cking idiot
SuckDickNSaveLives
QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 27 2009, 10:15 AM) *
I guess I'm lucky my boyfriend is cool with me having a kid. ;)

nod.gif flowers.gif I pretty much agree with JC though. Maybe if I was in my 30s, my mentality would be a bit different.

QUOTE(moirakas @ Aug 27 2009, 10:28 AM) *
would you date a girl with a kid inside of her, kc?

Even if she claimed the kid was mine, I wouldn't. I would wait until the kid pops out, then get a DNA test. If the kid is mine, I'll get back with her. I'll be at her doorstep like, "Here baby flowers.gif, I'm sorry for the pain I put you through cry.gif Take me back".

She will have no choice but to get back with me, because my swag will mesmerize her.
none345678
When I get older maybe 27+. I am not going to date a guy and get close with his kids just to most likely break up with him. It's just not good for the kids or you.
Sandraaa
I would have a relationship soley based on sex with a guy that has kids. But I would never dated someone who's got kids. It's a turn off and muchos responsabilities. I'm only 21 and I hate kids.

My bf's best friend has got 2 kids and her love life sucks.
thesnowpirate
@original poster, do you think its the fact that you might hate kids? or just that she has a kid, but its not yours?

idk, personally i wouldnt want to be in a long relationship with a girl who has kids. if i were to have kids, i would like for us both to discover and feel that whole process for the first time together.
LittleMissSunshine
tbh, it's your "type" of girl. you said that you lose all the feelings when you found out she has a kid. it's just your "type". it's not that your being close-minded. heh (:

superstitious
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 27 2009, 10:18 AM) *
^being older matters though. if i'm 30 something and dating then it's more expected to have to deal with the kid thing with women in that age range. it's different than dating a 20/21 year old with a kid.

I completely understand. I was at an entirely different place, both mentally and emotionally in my early twenties. I didn't date seriously until my 30's and just had fun when my kid was younger. That and a mother (in my opinion) should be more focused on her kid, especially in their early years than worrying about dating. I also didn't want a guy near my kid because the maturity and commitment level just isn't there (typically) at that point.

KC, you're not being closed minded. You're being honest. That is so much better than playing along, only to break things off eventually because you're not ready for that type of commitment. You'd be doing yourself and the lady a huge favor by being completely upfront from the beginning.
SuckDickNSaveLives
QUOTE(thesnowpirate @ Aug 30 2009, 02:51 AM) *
@original poster, do you think its the fact that you might hate kids? or just that she has a kid, but its not yours?
idk, personally i wouldnt want to be in a long relationship with a girl who has kids. if i were to have kids, i would like for us both to discover and feel that whole process for the first time together.

Nah, I don't hate kids. I think it stems from the fact that she has kids but their not mine. I think it is as you put it, if I were to have a child, I would want it to be with a girl with no kids so we both can feel the excitement of having a kid for the first time. If she already has a kid, it wont be as exciting for her as it is for me.

QUOTE(superstitious @ Aug 30 2009, 02:24 PM) *
I completely understand. I was at an entirely different place, both mentally and emotionally in my early twenties. I didn't date seriously until my 30's and just had fun when my kid was younger. That and a mother (in my opinion) should be more focused on her kid, especially in their early years than worrying about dating. I also didn't want a guy near my kid because the maturity and commitment level just isn't there (typically) at that point.

KC, you're not being closed minded. You're being honest. That is so much better than playing along, only to break things off eventually because you're not ready for that type of commitment. You'd be doing yourself and the lady a huge favor by being completely upfront from the beginning.

That's true, I never thought of it that way. At least no one's time is being wasted.
hypnotique
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 27 2009, 10:18 AM) *

This entirely.

This is why I had to leave my last relationship. Because I'm only 20 and I realized as much as I thought it wouldn't bother me, the fact remained that he had too much drama going on with the bitch still and I'm still young and I don't really care for that at this time in my life. If i was older then Its fine but for now I choose from now on to not get involved with that.
goth-nina
Unless you really love her to death, wouldn't matter to you if she had a kid or not.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.