Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OCZ XTC RAM cooler
Forums > Community Center > Technology
heyo-captain-jack
OCZ Technology, an innovator in high performance memory, makes cooling and enhancing your memory easier than ever. Expanding on OCZ's proprietary XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreader technology, the new XTC Cooler air-cools your modules, improving memory performance, stability, and longevity to allow enthusiasts to tweak their memory more freely due to superior active cooling.

The XTC Cooler attaches to your motherboard's DIMM socket retention levers, making it compatible to use with all STANDARD SIZED DDR, DDR2, or DDR3 modules. While the fans cool your system memory, glowing LED fans illuminate your memory subsystem.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/cool.../ocz_xtc_cooler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P0OTNY

Thinking about getting these, because my RAM runs really stupid hot.
synapse
isn't that what heatsinks are made for?
heyo-captain-jack
Have you ever touched my RAM? I hope not. But if you did, you would probably lose some skin on the modules.

My RAM normally runs about 54C. It needs some kind of extra cooling.
synapse
What kind are you currently using? I've never physically touched my ram when the computer is on. I have a fear of being shocked/electrocuted.
heyo-captain-jack
Crucial Ballistix 4x1Gb DDR2 800. Currently overclocked to 1086 MHz (aka part of why it's so hot).
synapse
my bios doesn't let me OC anything. >:[
heyo-captain-jack
That's what happens when you buy a Compaq.
synapse
lol, well, my future build will be my own. non-compaq 20x better.
Uronacid
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Aug 21 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Crucial Ballistix 4x1Gb DDR2 800. Currently overclocked to 1086 MHz (aka part of why it's so hot).

That is exactly why it's so hot... DDR2 800 is plenty fast for me. >.<
heyo-captain-jack
I honestly don't know how I haven't killed my RAM yet. But it's running very stable, and I've sent it much higher.
Uronacid
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Aug 25 2009, 05:05 PM) *
I honestly don't know how I haven't killed my RAM yet. But it's running very stable, and I've sent it much higher.

I never really notice a performance impact when I over clock. Of course, I usually purchase products that shouldn't be... 4850.
heyo-captain-jack
If you're going 50 MHz, you're not going to see a difference, but if you go 300 on the RAM and 1000 on the CPU, you start seeing shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.