Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Since I want to teach myself graphic design could someone tell what this effect is?
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
wjohnson85
its like a cartoon/scuplture effect to me thanks in advance!

schizo
I don't see the effect. The shininess on their skin looks like it's from the lighting in the set. The designer might have blurred their skin a little bit, but other than the the only editting looks like the usual brightness, contrast, etc.
wjohnson85
ok thank you im new to this and was unfamilar with contract hue and etc but thank you for making me aware and i found out more about it in my last post i actually thought it was some type of effect sorry
none345678
I think there might be a high pass layer set to overlay on it? Then mess with hug and saturation.
wjohnson85
sorry but what is a high pass? so open the pic and then layer>new layer correct?
none345678
I use photoshop so for me I duplicate the layer go to filter>other>high pass then set the layer to overlay.
innerdemon25
It might be a high pass filter or perhaps maybe the famous HDR effects that rappers use a lot on their CD covers. I know there is a way to do it within Photoshop. You chose "open" or "edit" and chose "Merge to HDR" or something like that. Then you would have to browse through the images and select the 3 images to use. Normally the best way to achieve an HDR effect is to open the original image in photoshop and then apply a curves adjustment to it bringing up the contrast (pulling up the middle point) till it looks like the photo was over shot with sunlight (but not to much). Then save it wherever, then open the original image again with no adjustments and then open up curves again and instead of bringing the contrast up, you want to bring it down. Just think of how much you boosted it and then try to it negative of that lol, if you know what i mean. Then save that. Then once you have all three of your images (original, high contrast, low contrast) open up the "merge to HDR" dialog box, Its either in edit or open. Then browse for the 3 images and then select "merge" and then follow the steps that the dialog box says. This method does not always work, you need real good lighting. Maybe if you get light boxes and adjust them perfect you can get a really neat effect out of the HDR effect.

-Brandon Lagenour
-Revolutions Designs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.