Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HOW DO YOU THIS EFFECT???
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
wjohnson85
HOW DO YOU APPLY THIS EFFECT??????? OR AT LEAST WAT IS IT CALLED? THANKS
Maccabee
It appears that your caps lock is still stuck on. Please turn it off.

Its not so much an effect. It is more the photographers work. They were obviously in a studio with a back drop and really good lighting. So you can't see anything but the subjects. Although in photoshop they probably bumped up the contrast a wee little bit. And they probably made sure the background was completely black.
wjohnson85
Sory about that I made this post right anyway...anywho I have one of the pics that these guys had form the photographer and after they gave to the grpahic designer for their myspace layout they ended up lokking like that
Gigi
Lighting has a lot to do with it, but if you want a simple way to get a similar effect, use the Unsharp Mask on Photoshop (or Smart Sharpen, both at Filter -> Sharpen). Adjust the Amount and Radius to your liking (but it's usually quite high for a high contrast photo).

Also, you'll likely need to lower the saturation of the image a bit (Ctrl + U, adjust Saturation to like -30ish?)
wjohnson85
Ok thank you I have paint shop pro 9and the options sound similar I will play around those tools thank you
wjohnson85
thank you so much Gigi that was pretty much what i was looking for thank you so much
Gigi
No problem! Glad to help.
Mickey
Topic closed & moved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.