Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's On Your School Shopping List For This Year?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Fashion
Shelby-Zu
for me im going to invest in Clinique skin care products,
a jansport backpack,
a good cover up / foundation,
waist belts,
and a few pairs of really nice boots like those short knit uggs that have buttons on the side..

how about you? :3
herLiminality
ooo neat idea n_n!

I'm the same as you where I'll probably get some new makeup + skincare products. I especially want to try out a dry shampoo

As for clothing I'm thinking hoodies and jeans, maybe add some cardigans.
I guess just a bit of everything really.

Funny thing though, most of this shoppping will take place when I start school. Cause all my favourite shopping areas are around my school in the city!
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(herLiminality @ Aug 12 2009, 06:35 PM) *
ooo neat idea n_n!

I'm the same as you where I'll probably get some new makeup + skincare products. I especially want to try out a dry shampoo

As for clothing I'm thinking hoodies and jeans, maybe add some cardigans.
I guess just a bit of everything really.

Funny thing though, most of this shoppping will take place when I start school. Cause all my favourite shopping areas are around my school in the city!

i wont be buying any makeup as i just bought a bunch, and i will be shopping the day before skl starts :P its the only time i can get into a bigger town to shop lol

they are, but its exactly what i need. i like the style, colours, they're big, and just completely useful.

I hate complicated backpacks. I tried the whole messenger bag thing...didnt work out so well. I also use big tote bags for skl books though instead of backpacks. i switch throughout the year ^_^
manny-the-dino
I definitely want to buy more dresses or skirts. I'm tired of always wearing either shorts (or pants sometimes) for when it's warm. I just want to dress in a more feminine manner. Also I want to buy a new tote bag for my shit even if I just bought one lol.
datass
^ me too. i dont have any dresses and only a few skirts.
transcendentalism
reaally want.. most shouldn't be so pricey:
a few pairs of black leggings
leather jacket
plain zip-up hoodie
a bunch of plain tank tops
scarves
sandals

want but not at the top of the list-
knee-high boots
new heels

.. jeans are always good
actually i just want a lot of stuff :(
xfreakuency
a new shortboard,
so i can skate from class to class hahah
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(doughnut @ Aug 12 2009, 10:17 PM) *
^ me too. i dont have any dresses and only a few skirts.

haha, high wasted skirts are on my list, american apparel :3 jersey knit...MMHMMMMM!

QUOTE(transcendentalism @ Aug 12 2009, 10:55 PM) *
reaally want.. most shouldn't be so pricey:
a few pairs of black leggings
leather jacket
plain zip-up hoodie
a bunch of plain tank tops
scarves
sandals

want but not at the top of the list-
knee-high boots
new heels
.. jeans are always good
actually i just want a lot of stuff :(

oh! thanks for the reminder! light scarves and a biker jacket are on my list! im also debating getting gladiator sandles XP i hated them a while ago.

i have to buy new undies and undershirts too hahah xx <-- MUST HAVES !
datass
oh yeaaa high waist skirts, i've always wanted to try those.
Tomates
I might buy a new backpack, seeing as if the one i bought last year that i thought was bigger is actually a lot smaller than i thought and has a hole in the bottom sad.gif
I may look at jansport now.
Just_Dream
A bunch of clothes - definitely more layers (tops) since it's just more comfortable. I need to buy clothes in solid colors, rather than graphic tees. Plus, layers are just more versatile. ;P

I need to buy more flats. I need to stop wearing heels so much. I love wearing heels, but it's bad for my feet. I have read somewhere that high heels can lead to bunions?! Eeek ph34r.gif I've been wearing my rainbow flipflops lately with my skinnies, hehe tongue.gif I am really picky about flats since my feet are wide and big. When I wear my flats, the top of my feet (leading to my ankle) look puffy for some reason, but the flats are NOT tight - there's plenty of room. I'm hoping to find some cute pairs in Hong Kong for cheap haha.

More pants - I need more straight-leg or skinnies, since the boot-cut ones make me look more stubbly without wearing heels. At least with straight-leg/skinnies, I can wear flats wink.gif

And more makeup/skincare. I really need to start taking care of my skin and invest in a night-time moisturizer. I haven't found any that I've liked (brands I've tried: shiseido/clinique/lancome) based on samples and texture from testing at counters. Definitely more makeup, since I know that I HAVE to look presentable when looking for an internship this coming school year.
coconutter
i want a black dress, but i can't find one that fits me properly!
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(Tomates @ Aug 13 2009, 10:52 AM) *
I might buy a new backpack, seeing as if the one i bought last year that i thought was bigger is actually a lot smaller than i thought and has a hole in the bottom sad.gif
I may look at jansport now.

if you have a ross near you, you should try there before looking at buying one "off the self"

you can get one there for $20 rather than $50 at stores that carry them. XP

im speaking assuming you know what Ross is.
I've met people that dont :/

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Aug 13 2009, 12:14 PM) *
A bunch of clothes - definitely more layers (tops) since it's just more comfortable. I need to buy clothes in solid colors, rather than graphic tees. Plus, layers are just more versatile. ;P

And more makeup/skincare. I really need to start taking care of my skin and invest in a night-time moisturizer. I haven't found any that I've liked (brands I've tried: shiseido/clinique/lancome) based on samples and texture from testing at counters.

I am buying solid clothes this year too, neutral colours only and a few coloured ones.

as for you skin care night moisturizer. I am not a fan of Mary-Kay at all. But my mom used to sell it and i've tried their day and night creams and moisturizers they sell. She has a whole bunch of both that no one ever came and picked up from her after they ordered. She also has Timewise Day and Night creams, which have age fighting agents in them. If you're interested in them, PM me and I can talk to you more about them. I am not a fan of MK but i like that stuff ^_^

QUOTE(coconutter @ Aug 13 2009, 02:03 PM) *
i want a black dress, but i can't find one that fits me properly!

oooh! im good at finding people things :) hehe, what size or type of black dress were you looking for? any specific details you want? a specific occasion? wanna tell me your size? i can try and help :3
Just_Dream
QUOTE(Shelby-Zu @ Aug 13 2009, 07:08 PM) *
She has a whole bunch of both that no one ever came and picked up from her after they ordered. She also has Timewise Day and Night creams, which have age fighting agents in them.

Actually, I'm only interested in Mary Kay's Blemish Control Toner (Formula 3), which is a HG for me. I use it every day, once a day. Back in high school, I used to religiously day and night (twice a day) for a year because I kept getting a bunch of small blemishes around my chin and all over my forehead. It's the only MK thing I will buy. Thanks for the information though. :] A lot of people do like their time-wise line. P.S. I usually buy 2-3 at a time of the toner, since I buy it from some random women off craigslist. haha But they offer them at a discount so it's all good, and they're legit sellers.

I really like my daily moisturizer (Shiseido), but the night creams/moisturizers were kinda mehhh for me. I've only sampled/tested The Skincare, Benefiance, and Pureness ones. I should test the White Lucent one next time I'm in Sephora. My sisters and niece swear by Shiseido for face products.
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Aug 13 2009, 09:01 PM) *
Actually, I'm only interested in Mary Kay's Blemish Control Toner (Formula 3), which is a HG for me. I use it every day, once a day. Back in high school, I used to religiously day and night (twice a day) for a year because I kept getting a bunch of small blemishes around my chin and all over my forehead. It's the only MK thing I will buy. Thanks for the information though. :] A lot of people do like their time-wise line. P.S. I usually buy 2-3 at a time of the toner, since I buy it from some random women off craigslist. haha But they offer them at a discount so it's all good, and they're legit sellers.
I really like my daily moisturizer (Shiseido), but the night creams/moisturizers were kinda mehhh for me. I've only sampled/tested The Skincare, Benefiance, and Pureness ones. I should test the White Lucent one next time I'm in Sephora. My sisters and niece swear by Shiseido for face products.

i cant use their blemish control toner >.<'
it makes my face turn red for two days lol

edit: are you saying im not legit? =O
Just_Dream
QUOTE(Shelby-Zu @ Aug 13 2009, 08:28 PM) *
edit: are you saying im not legit? =O

Oh no, what I meant was that I got it off craigslist and it was legit. There's a lot of scams on craigslist! I even see FAKE M.A.C. stuff on there! I'm like wtf, it's pretty OBVIOUS that they are fake, but I only thought people from China were selling them (look on ebay!). And there's a lot of shady stuff on craigslist. There's also a lot of great deals as well. I'm just saying that the seller is legit, as I've seen some people trying to sell of makeup and beauty products that are either fake or they are old. So my comment was aimed at craigslist itself, not at you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. sad.gif
jiyong
QUOTE(Mike @ Aug 12 2009, 05:36 PM) *
Me, I'm saving up for a Macbook Pro.

Detective
I want a freaking MBP!
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Aug 14 2009, 03:59 AM) *
Oh no, what I meant was that I got it off craigslist and it was legit. There's a lot of scams on craigslist! I even see FAKE M.A.C. stuff on there! I'm like wtf, it's pretty OBVIOUS that they are fake, but I only thought people from China were selling them (look on ebay!). And there's a lot of shady stuff on craigslist. There's also a lot of great deals as well. I'm just saying that the seller is legit, as I've seen some people trying to sell of makeup and beauty products that are either fake or they are old. So my comment was aimed at craigslist itself, not at you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. sad.gif

its okay :P
i was just ready to hand over proof of my legit-ness (:P) if it was directed towards me! =O

well do you use craigslist for local things?
because i only use craigslist for local deals, so i cant get scammed and things/payments can be handed to each other face to face..

and where i live, we dont have mac or anything like that (i'm one of the few people in my town who even know what it is :( ) so i've never run into that problem,

but we're getting way off topic lol x
emberfly
I need an entirely new wardrobe D: I grew fcking three inches over the summer. (more like 1.5, but still nothing fits me D:)
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(emberfly @ Aug 14 2009, 05:22 PM) *
I need an entirely new wardrobe D: I grew fcking three inches over the summer. (more like 1.5, but still nothing fits me D:)

holy shit O_O

i think i've stopped growing :/ lol
heyo-captain-jack
I might get some new clothes. I've already bought a binder, paper, pens, etc.
Maccabee
Girlfriend. Check.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 14 2009, 07:12 PM) *
Girlfriend. Check.

How much did she cost?
Gypsy Eyes
To buy:

New Foundation and eyeshadow (all neutrals, i'm not a fan of colored eyeshadow)
Grey knee high boots
Tights in: red, cream, mocha, navy and cream lace
Some more flats
Oxford heels (looking so hard for these)
Headbands galore

To make:

High waist skirts
Dresses
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(Buttsex @ Aug 14 2009, 06:33 PM) *
How much did she cost?

i'm the one that sold 'er to him shifty.gif

QUOTE(Gypsy Eyes @ Aug 14 2009, 09:03 PM) *
To buy:

New Foundation and eyeshadow (all neutrals, i'm not a fan of colored eyeshadow)
Grey knee high boots
Tights in: red, cream, mocha, navy and cream lace
Some more flats
Oxford heels (looking so hard for these)
Headbands galore

To make:

High waist skirts
Dresses

i have stuff i gotta make too >.< just got to unpack my sewing machine since the move. yaaaay :)

do you have a blog or something where you post your outfits? a lookbook maybe? you're style sounds so fit ^_^
Gypsy Eyes
Mmmm no I was thinking of starting one though. Thanks!
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(Gypsy Eyes @ Aug 14 2009, 10:50 PM) *
Mmmm no I was thinking of starting one though. Thanks!

not to get off topic here,
but you should!
karmakiller
QUOTE(Shelby-Zu @ Aug 12 2009, 07:17 PM) *
a jansport backpack,
I've used the same JanSport backpack through three years of high school and one year of college. I'm using it next year, too.

I don't do the whole "back to school shopping" besides school supplies.
coconutter
NEED ANKLE BOOTS!

I got a really cute shoulder book bag from target for 6 dollars

I don't think it was supposed to be a book bag but I made it into one
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Aug 15 2009, 06:32 PM) *
I've used the same JanSport backpack through three years of high school and one year of college. I'm using it next year, too.

I don't do the whole "back to school shopping" besides school supplies.

this will be my last big shopping trip because i am saving a WHOLE lot of money for... things :P trips. Im good at not spending lol, so i shouldnt have a problem with doing this. but yup. thats why my list this year for skl is so big.. i wont be buying things for a long while >.<'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.